Chapter IV: Jason

They waited until night fall and everyone went to bed, Jason was the first one to get to the top deck, he waited on the side leaning against the railing, he had a horrible feeling about the island, he looked over the edge of the ship, the moonlight shined across the ocean, the island seemed to glimer, the air was chilli but gentel, he heard footsteps from the stair, he expected to find either Kevin or Charley there but to his surprise he found Valerie, she only had sandals, sweatpants and a hoddie.

"Jason, what are you doing here?" she exclaimed, she had a cynical look on her face, she satretd to scan the room aroud them.

"I-I uhm..." he sarted, Charley and Kevin poked their heads out of the door and quickly tucked them back in, "I needed fresh air, you know, I like the ocean." he managed, he grabbed her hand and took her to the left side o the ship, he placed her facing towards the ocean and he saw Charley and Kevin sneak out and fly away toward the island. Valerie sat on the satircase leading up to the helm.

"I'm sacred." she said looking down at the wooden floor, "What if we all dont make it?" she looked up to Jason.

"Dont worry" he reasured her, "We're all gonna make it through this trip, and we will be back before the attack." he added, she looked to him with sad eyes.

"I wasnt talking about the trip," she said, "I mean the war."

"What war?" he asked her.

"The war against Saturn..."

"Look," he started sitting down next to her, "I know we've had some close calls, maybe more than what I'll admit," he took her hand and looked her in the eyes. "We are all going to make it."

"Don't make a promise," she pasued and for a moment as if hesitating to say the next words, "Jason, dont make a promise you know you cant keep."

"I promise."