Chapter XXIII: Valerie

They where about three forths to the shore of Africa, they only needed a few more days, everything was going great around the ship, the AI, Kyoto, made everything easier defending the ship at night, and with only a few monster attacks everyone's morale was up.

Valerie was so happy she didn't really remembered why she was worried about this trip in the first place, but she remembered soon enough as a massive serpent poped out of the water, apparently Jason could undertsand this particular monster, he said it was send by Saturn to kill them and take revange for his brother they had fought a few weeks back.

Now Valerie stood facing the monster with the rest of her friends, she was paralyzed, everyone ran around doging the tentacles or attacking them, but she just stood there motionless, she watched as a tentacle raced for her face, it was just about to ram her when it dissolved into vapor when tyler's scythe cut through it.

"Valerie!" he yelled waving his hand in front of her face, "we need you!" she then nobbed and ran to the side the monster was and picked up a flask of green fire, Zoe used it to kill the first one, why shouldn't this one do it.

"Vale no!" yelled Jason and Charley simultaneously as she threw the flask, it hit the body of the monster and it went up in flames, Valerie woundered why Jason and Charley had yelled at her, her plan had seemed to work, Jason pulled her to the back of a pillar as an explosion went off.

"You're welcome." she said confidently.

"Great," he groaned, "just great." he turned to face the remains of the monster, but insted of being a pile of monster dust a four headed serpent stood in front of them.

"How?" she asked.

"It's one of Steven's special breeds." said Charley running towards them, "it's part hydra."

Great. thought Valerie, I just killed all of my friends and myslef.