Chapter XVII: Charley

He fought the dragon with Ignis, stabbing at its belly hoping to somehow make it implode or something. It was like trying to fight a giant fridge...that breath fire...and have very sharp fangs....and that also flew...ok, it was nothing like fighting a fridge. Half of Charley wanted to help his friends but the other half wanted to jump of a cliff and fly away.

Suddenly an idea sparked on Charleys head, he turned around and dove down into the water, the dragon dove after him like Charley expected, before he hit the water he flew up just above the water with the dragon behind him. Charly kept doing through small openings in the cliff and the dragon would just break through like it was paper, Charley wasn't expecting that, so he had to think of a new plan.

He dove straight into the water, the cold ocean covered his entire body, Charley hated opening his eyes underwater but he knew it was nececary, he saw a figure approach the surface of the water, then Charley shot outide of the water passing the dragon and sened it into the ocean with a bolt of lightning.  The dragon flopped around the water like a bird, Charley shot another bolt at the celing of the cove and a bunch of stalactites fell into the dragons body and summerged it under the water, Charley hoped it would also kill it but he wasnt sure.

He flew back to the spot where he had fought the dragon, Zoe was sitting up on the grass next to Harry who was still passed out. Charley walked over to them, Zoe noticed him and ran towards him.

"Charley!" she siad hugging him, "thank you."

He hugged her back, "Dont mention it."

"Where are the others?" she asked looking around, "Where's Jason?"

"They're fine, they're back in the town." he reasured her, even if he also woundered if they were ok, he just left the rest for a dragon, maybe they neede him...maybe it's to late.

Charley was exhausted and Zoe was in no condition to walk back to town, and neither of them had the strenght to carry Harry, he was only fourteen but he was like a little bear, you wanted to carry him but you know you cant.

Charley shot a lightning bolt ast the sky nad sat down, "Now, we wait for the rest of them."