The Mom

Monse's POV:
"Are you deaf or something?" She asks. "I'll ask again, what'd my son do?" She asks. "Who?" I ask. "The only kid that got cuffed a few minutes ago." She sighs. "Wait... you're Cesar's mom? I thought you were dead or something." I look her up and down. "Do I look dead?" She raises a brow. "How do I know you're telling the truth?" I ask. "Your dad called me, he said you needed a place to go where your boyfriend couldn't find you... he didn't tell me that you were dating my son." She explains. "No, I'm staying with my mom." I knew she was lying. "Apparently not." She shrugs. "So are you going to answer my question?" She asks. "Spooky left and he took over." I give as little information as possible. "Spooky?" She asks. I completely forgot that she left before Oscar became Spooky. "Not important... Cesar took over the Santos and he almost killed a kid." I explain. "I guess things have changed a lot since I left." She shrugs. "Maybe if you stayed things would've been different." I state. "I did what was best, all that matters is that I'm back." She says. "For how long?" I ask. She doesn't respond and she just stares at me. "How are you not freaking out over any of this?" I ask. "I know how to protect my family. I'm Dana by the way." She stares straight ahead and doesn't say a word for the rest of the drive. We get off the bus a little less than an hour later and we get into her car. She drives us to a motel. "Do you live here?" I ask before I get out of her car. "It's temporary." She leads the way to her room. I look around and my heart aches for my room. "It's nothing fancy but it's better than staying at your ass hole mom's house." She says. "What do you know about my mom?" I hiss. "I know that she wanted to rip you out of Freeridge and change who you are." She says. "You don't know what you're talking about." I tell her and she shrugs. "Or maybe I know exactly what I'm talking about." Dana says. "So do you still live in California?" I ask in an attempt to change the subject. "I never left." Cesar's mom says before she lights her cigarette. "You've been here for his whole life and you haven't gone to see your kid?" I ask. "I've driven around the block but I just never stopped. I didn't really know what to do or what to say." She looks down at her shoes. "So what's the plan, how are we going to get him out?" I ask. "Don't worry about it." She says. "But we need a plan! I know he made a stupid mistake but-" She cuts me off mid rant. "But nothing! You are a child and whoever was letting you go around acting like an adult really screwed you over because you have a long way to go kid." She states. She has no idea everything I've done and gone through. She wasn't there when I got shot when I saw someone die right in front of me. She doesn't know anything because she left her sons and she never looked back. "I met you the day you were born. Cesar was four months old and you guys were best friends instantly. When you guys moved the barrio really felt it. Cesar cried for weeks... your dad said you did too." She says. "I don't remember any of that." I tell her. "I didn't expect you to, just wanted to let you know." She says. "Can I go take a shower." I say and she nod so I get up off the bed and walk to the bathroom.

Dana's POV:
Once Monse goes to the shower I call a the officers who "arrested" Cesar. "You guys did good, she believes it." I whisper. "So should we head over now?" One of them says. "Yeah, he thinks this is all real right?" I ask. "Definitely we pulled out all the stops." He laughs. "Shut up before he finds out what's happening." I hiss. "Sorry boss, we'll head over now." He says. "Hey do you have any face wash, I forgot mine?" I hear Monse ask. "Um... no sorry kid." I hang up quickly. "Ok." She walks back into the bathroom and I pray she didn't here what I said. A few minutes later there's a knock on the door. "Is he there?" I ask and the officer nods. "Hey Monse, I ran out of cigarettes I'll be back." I yell before I close the door. "Make sure she doesn't go anywhere." I say seriously. I walk up to the car window and there's my son. He's hunched over and looking down. I open the door and he doesn't even look worried about what's about to happen. "You here to kill me?" He asks. "No, get out of the car." I order him. I push his head down and we go back to my room. "Sanchez!" I yell when I see Monse cover her bloody nose with her hand. "She tried to get out." He says. "Go." I clench my teeth. I take off his hand cuffs and let him look up. "Monse." He runs over and hugs her. "Here." I throw her a towel. "What the hell is going on?" He asks. I roll up my sleeve and I show where I cut off my Santo tattoo and replaced it with a Disciple one. "So you are going to kill me." He stands up and blocks Monse. "What? No! I'm Dana, head of the Disciples." I tell him. "And she's your mom." Monse says. "I was getting to that." I glare at her. "Why are we here?" Cesar yells. "Monty said someone almost killed a kid and his daughter was connected somehow. I offered our protection from the police on one condition... the leader of the Santos delivered to me alive." I explain. "Well I'm here." He gets in my face. "Wait, that doesn't explain how the cop who kidnapped Cesar was the first one on the scene." Monse points out. "It's called dumb luck. He's on my payroll and he just happened to get there." I shrug. "What do you want with us?" He makes sure Monse says behind him. "The Disciples are... expanding. Give me a few blocks and I'll let Monse go back to Freeridge." I tell him. "What?" They both say, confused. "Monty's on my payroll too, what I say goes." I hiss. "Monse will rot in here if you don't get me what I want... or I can let her go and kill her dad." I offer. "Fine, kill him." He laughs and Monse looks terrified. "Cesar how can you say that." Her voice cracks. "Because he knows what's important. If he even gives up one block those dumb asses will kill him. One life isn't enough of a reason to risk it." I shake my head. "I'll go after everyone you love, get me what I want... soon." I walk out and make sure their door's guarded for the rest of the night.