Familia

Monse's POV:
When we make it to Jamal's house we walk in like nothing just happened. "Hey, whats up?" Cesar asks when Jamal opens the door. We push him out of the way and I lock the door. "Hi." I hear Olivia say. "We can just hangout in Jamal's room." Cesar says. "Oh ok don't ask me if you can stay in my room that's fine." Jamal mumbles. "No, I miss you guys and there's no adults around so unless if one of you is planning on calling my parents then I think we're good." Olivia says quickly. "I missed you to." I sit down next to her and Ruby. "Why are you guys here?" Cesar asks. "I am tired of being in the middle of the bull shit!" Jamal yells. "What?" Ruby asks. "You guys have all this stuff going on and somehow the fact that I found the money isn't a big deal! You know a cheerleader asked me out and I said no because I had to help you guy with all of this! So maybe I want to hangout with them and you guys, sorry I didn't invite you." We broke Jamal. "A cheerleader?" I ask. "A cheerleader!" He exclaims. "You should've said yes, and you finding the money is always gonna be a big deal. You saved my life compa." Oscar was right, anything happens I need to be ready. "We gotta get you out sooner rather than later. I saw the prophets on Monse's lawn." Ruby says. "Monty's lawn. I don't live there anymore." I tell them. "Wait what? What happened? Are you ok?" Olivia asks. "I'm affiliated because of Cesar and my dad had to choose a side. He decided he didn't care if it meant not talking to me." I explain. "I'm really sorry I wasn't there for you." Olivia says with tears in her eyes. "That Chinese food did not agree with me!" Jasmine says as she walks out of the bathroom. "When did you guys get here?" She looks at me and she smirks. "So the clothes I bought you worked, you and Cesar go freaky." Shes something else. "Yup." Cesar says bluntly and I glare at him. "What it's not that hard to tell." He pretends like he's scratching his neck and I get even more annoyed. "I'm calling Mariana!" Jamal yells and we all look at him weird. "The cheerleader." He says in a normal tone.
*10:00pm*
"We should probably go before Ruby's mom comes looking for us." Olivia says sadly. "Good luck with Mariana." Ruby tells Jamal. "Bye guys." I says. Cesar's knocked out on the couch. "I'm gonna go to bed, he can just spend the night." Jamal says. Right I forgot to ask if we could spend the night. I watch some more tv before I hear a car pull up. When they slam their car door Cesar wakes up. "Are Jamal's parents home?" Cesar yawns. "Yeah, they came home thirty minutes ago." I start getting anxious and Cesar can tell. "I'll go look." Before I can argue with him he's already out of the house. I peak through the window and I see my dad and two of the prophets that were in front of his house beating up Cesar. I run outside with my hand on my gun that I kept in my waist band. "Get away from him!" I scream. I'm so lucky Jamal's parents were drunk and tired. "Go back inside Monse this isn't your problem." My dad says. Once he turns away from me I make the hardest decision of my life. "I said get away from him." I say it calmly this time and I hold the gun tightly. "I have to to you so you'd be safe from the Santos not so you could threaten me!" He screams. I shoot into the sky to show them I'm serious. "Next one goes in between the eyes of whoever's closest to my boyfriend." I sound confident on the outside but on the inside I'm hoping I don't have to do anything. "Relax Monse." My dad and the guys back up. "Fuck you. The Santos are my real family, they don't turn their backs on each other because they're scared so go now... before I have to do something I'll regret." They get in the car and as soon as they drive away I fall to the ground. I put my gun back into my waist band because now I'm definitely gonna need it. "What did I just do?" I shouldn't have taken it that far now I'm the one who's in danger. "Cesar, are you ok?" I ask. "Yeah, nothing some ice and my bad ass girlfriend can't handle." He smiles as much as his busted lip will let him. "Come on, let's get inside before they come back." I help him up. "At least I'm not thinking about how bad the tattoo hurts." "Don't remind me, once we get you out of here that shit needs to come off." Once I lay him down on the couch I call Oscar.

Cesar's POV:
Monse's on the phone with Oscar and all I can think of is how happy I am that she kept that gun. "We're safe, be careful." Monse says before she hangs up. "Oscar's with a bunch of the Santos so don't worry about him. Safety in numbers." She paces back and forth. "First time pulling a gun on your dad?" I ask jokingly. "First time having a girlfriend, because that is definitely not the right thing to ask me right now." Monse laughs. "Sit down Monse." I sit up and I hold her close. It's hurts but she needs me right now. "It's going to be ok, we got this." A few minutes later she falls asleep on my lap. "Shit." I have to use my shirt to wipe my blood because I don't want her to wake up but I literally owe her my life, so what's one bloody shirt?