Bargaining

Oscar's POV:
"We can't just go." He complains. "I don't care, grab your bag now." I demand.

*the previous night*
Cesar's POV:
I start packing my room when someone knocks on my door frame. "What are you doing?" Paula asks with her arms crossed. "My brother knows it was me if I don't leave... I don't want to find out what he's gonna do." I tell her. "And you're just going to leave without telling Monse?" She throws herself on my bed. "If I tell her she's going try and come with me." I explain. "So he's forcing you to leave?" She asks. I nod my head but I just keep packing. "The man who got a teenage girl pregnant is forcing you to leave because you decided to risk your life instead of murdering your girlfriend's cousin?" She asks. "Paula you're a genius come on." I drop all my stuff on the floor and I run out of my room. "Where are we going?" She asks as she follows behind me. "We gotta get the only people that aren't terrified of Oscar... and Jamal." I say. "Why?" She asks. "Trust me if we want to deal with him they're the only people that can help." I explain. We get to Monse's house and I knock on her window. "Or you could knock on the door." She says. "I don't remember you talking this much." I tell her. "Oh wow great thing to see, my boyfriend and the girl he slept with just knocking on my window at two in the morning." Monse yawns. "I'm just trying to help." Paula puts her hands up. "Help with what?" Monse asks. "Do you want to get Oscar to leave us alone?" I ask. "He's just going to come back and make everything worse." She says. "I mean permanently." I tell her. "You're not gonna kill him... are you?" She asks. "The whole reason he's in this mess is 'cause he couldn't kill someone." Paula says. "Ok so how can I help?" She asks.

Monse's POV:
Ruby and Jamal came over a few minutes after Cesar explained everything and now we're sitting in my room working out the plan. "Ok so Jamal you need to download the video from the night they slept together on your phone, Paula get one of your sonogram pictures and a pregnancy test, and Monse go to the hospital and make sure Oscar doesn't go anywhere." I tell the group. "I thought you said he left and went to talk to you?" She asks. "I asked Kaia and she said he went back." I tell her. "Ok but how do you expect me to stop him?" She says with her brows raised. "Do what you do best." She gives me a confused look. "Just don't stop talking to him, to the nurses, and if that fails I know you can handle it." I smile at her. "What about me?" Ruby asks. "You have the two most important jobs." I say.

Ruby's POV:
"Why did my job have to be babysitting?" I sigh ask Jamal fast forwards through security cam footage. "I know right, like I couldn't be trusted to do this on my own." Jamal laughs. "Never mind this job is important." I nod. "What?" He widens his eyes. "Besides I don't count convincing Kaia to incriminate Oscar if we decide to call the police." I shake my head. "She knows everything he's done wrong, if you convince her to help us there's no way he won't go to jail." Jamal says. "That's not the point Cesar doesn't want him in jail he just wants him gone. There's no way Cesar's going to call the police." I lean back on the chair and that's when it hits me. "There's no way he's leaving." I sigh with my hands on my face. "Everyone has a weak spot." Jamal says as he downloads the video. "Is this technically porn?" He asks . "Her kid!" I jump out of my seat. "I really don't want to know how you got to that." Jamal shakes his head. "What? This has nothing to do with the porn on your phone. Her kid is her weak spot." I roll my eyes.

Monse's POV:
"What are you doing here?" Kaia asks with her arms crossed. "I just..." Damn it the one time I want to talk a lot I can't think of the words. "Did Cesar send you?" She asks and my eyes get wide. "That is so sweet! I knew they were having problems but I'm so glad they're finally figuring it out." She smiles. "Yes! Yeah so he told me to ask questions... lots of questions." I tell her. "Ok, like what?" She smiles. "Ok, let's start small." I say and she nods. I can't think of anything to ask so we just kind of stand awkwardly for a minute. "I should really go back to work." She says awkwardly. "Wait! I wrote them down on my phone." I say a little too loud. I quickly google questions to ask a nurse but it won't load. "Umm, how long is he gonna be in the hospital?" I ask. "Only a few weeks if everything goes well." She says. My phone finally loads and I feel a wave of relief come over me. "You might want to get a chair this could take a while." I smile and tilt my head.
*30 minutes later*
"Will he need around the clock or hospice care?" I realize that this doesn't apply but I ran out of basic questions and somehow ended up at the serious stuff. "I'm not dying Monse now can you go?" Oscar asks. "Oh you're awake." I feel my heart beating faster and my hands start to shake. "I've been awake since you got here I just didn't want to talk to you." He says honestly. "What the hell are you trying to do?" Oscar asks. "Do you think your physical condition is effecting your mental state?" I ask awkwardly. "What is Cesar trying to do?" He shouts.