Get Off My Block

Cesar's POV:
I get home and thankfully Monse's not home. I just need a long shower and she doesn't need to know what just went down. "Remember what we talked about." Oscar sounds pissed off but what was I supposed to do? "He wasn't even doing anything." I mumble and Oscar grabs my arm. "He was dealing on our block you gotta handle it because swear to God if I have to deal with it your gonna regret it." He pushes me and I hit the wall but I don't feel anything. "He's Monse's cousin." I say as confidently as I can. "You think I give a fuck?" He asks. I walk into my room and I throw myself on my bed. I don't know when it happens but I fell asleep and I don't wake up till Monse comes home. "I was gonna order some food you want anything?" She asks when she sits on my bed. "I'm not really hungry I just want to sleep." I tell her. She puts her hands on my back and I just want to tell her the truth but she'll just hate me. "Are you ok?" She asks. "Yeah, long day." I shrug. "I have some news though." She sounds so excited I wish she could just wait until I'm less asleep to tell me. "Ok, but I gotta tell you something first." I sit up and when I look her in the eyes I know I can't tell her what happened today. "Having you here, it makes everything so much better. I don't know what I'd do without you." I kiss her cheek and she gives me a weird smile. "So what'd you want to me?" I ask. "Just that everything went really good with my mom. She told me how she met my dad and a couple stories." She says. "Did she tell you how she got out?" I really hope I can get out and stay here but that's too easy. "She got pregnant and my dad made some deal to get her out. I'm pretty sure that's how my dad ended up helping the Prophets and the Santos. It's weird how something that was supposed to save me actually brought me right back here..." She keeps talking but I can't focus. "So what do you think?" She asks and I just give her a blank stare. "Pizza or Chinese food?" She laughs. "Whatever you want babe. You should ask Oscar if he's hungry." I suggest. "I already did he just said get both." She shrugs. "Then let's get both. He had a long day." I don't wanna piss him off. "Ok, are you sure you're alright?" She asks. I look down and she rubs my cheek with her thumb. "Whatever it is you can tell me." She says sweetly. "If something was wrong I'd tell you." I promise her. I'm not gonna ruin her day with Santo bull shit. I'll find a way out of this I just gotta talk to Latrelle. "Ok I'm gonna go call them and then take a shower." Monse tells me. "Ok I gotta figure some shit out I'll be back before the food gets here." Before she can say anything I give her a really quick kiss and I climb out my window so I don't have to tell Oscar where I'm going. "Hey Mariana, is Latrelle with you?" I ask over the phone. "Hey, yeah but we're at Olivia's." She tells me. "Tell him to meet me outside." I say. "Ok, but please don't start shit we're here planning for a baby." Mariana says before she hangs up. I run over and he's already outside. "Aye Cesar, what's good?" He asks. We were finally not fighting and I have to tell him to deal somewhere else. "I'm not gonna act like I ain't here for Santo shit. We saw you selling on our block, you know you're only supposed to be here when you see Olivia." I tell him. "So, I got a kid to take care of I deal where I can." He shrugs. "I'm just warning you, my brother isn't as forgiving as I am." I tell him and he gets serious. "Listen lil' Spooky, I'm gonna deal where I wanna deal ok. I don't care about you or your brother so if you want me to stop dealing then you better stop me yourself. Kids are expensive I gotta get money." He sounds pissed as hell. "Don't do this remember what happened last time." I warn him. "What the fuck you trying to say?" He asks. "I mean if you don't get off our block you won't ever meet your son." I threaten him. "Hey guys, is everything ok?" Mariana asks. "Yeah, we're good. Right Latrelle?" I ask. I don't move my eyes from Latrelle and he starts laughing a little. "Yeah, we straight. Mari go inside." Latrelle tells his sister. "Fuck no, I'm going inside when you do. I don't know what the hell is going on here but you two better stop with all this God damn toxic masculinity." She says seriously. I never see how they could be twins before just now. "She's right, you should go, plan for your kid. You don't wanna be a shitty dad." I tell him. "Tell your bitch the Prophets said hi." He says when I turn around. "Don't forget my bitch is your cousin." I get up in his face and Mariana gets in between us. "Latrelle go inside, Cesar you go home. You both gotta grow up." She's right, I can't keep being a pussy. If Latrelle doesn't want to get off my block I'm gonna have to make him. It doesn't fucking matter that they're family I'm keeping Monse safe and I'm keeping the block safe. "Remember what we talked about. Stay safe Latrelle, you don't wanna get got." I tell him. I walk back to my house and Monse's on the couch. "Hey baby, where'd you go?" She asks. "I gotta keep some secrets mama." I smile and kiss her.