Dead or Alive

Cesar's POV:
"Relax Cesar, me and my ex got back together you served your purpose." Paula laughs. What the hell is wrong with this girl? "If you just wanted to make him jealous then why the hell did you text Monse?" I ask. "You cheated on her I was looking out for her." She's a psychopath. "Just leave us alone you have your man back and I have Monse back." I hang up and block her number. When I walk into Monse's room she's still asleep and I let out a sigh of relief. A part of me thought she might've heard me talking to Paula. I still feel guilty but if hiding one thing means we can stay together then I need to deal with it. I feel like I'm stuck here worrying about what's going to happen next when I hear something coming from Monse's room. I walk in and a prophet's trying to open her window. I climb out and I slam it behind me. God I hope I didn't wake her up. "What the fuck are you doing?" I ask. "Just wanted to see what Monse's fine ass was doing tonight." He smirks and shrugs. "She's with me that's what she was doing." You'd think that by now I learned to stop trying people... I definitely haven't. Monse's made me a better person but I'm still a Santo or at least I think I am. "Last I checked she wasn't your bitch anymore." He laughs.

Monse's POV:
I wake up to shouting right outside my window. I try to ignore it until I hear Cesar's voice. "Leave her alone, she did nothing wrong!" He screams. "You guys aren't even together, why you still acting like her guard dog?" I know it's a Prophet because they're the only ones that call him that. "Because I'd do anything for her... if you wanna find out how far I'd go to keep her safe then keep coming back here." Cesar says before he climbs back into my room and slams the window. I rollover and look him. He looks so stressed. "Hey mamas." He tries to smile. "Are you ok?" I ask. "Yeah, I just needed to handle something." He says when he sits next to me. "You don't have to protect me. You need to protect yourself." I tell him and he shakes his head. "If I didn't have you there'd be no reason to keep myself safe." He says. He puts his hands on the side of my face and kisses me. "I'm so in love with you." He says and my heart melts. I'm glad we're low key we don't need to stress about other people's opinions about us. I don't think I'd be able to stay with him if he cheated. "I love you too baby." I smile. I put my hand on his cheek and he winces. "Again?!" I ask. "He barely hit me." He shrugs it off and I shake my head. "I'm asking Latrelle for a favor. They can't keep doing this shit." Despite his efforts to stop me I get up and turn on the lips. He has a busted lip and a black eye. "You said he barely hit you!" I point out. "Don't talk to Latrelle, I can handle it myself." He says. "Obviously you can't. You're not even a Santo anymore why can't they just leave you alone?" I ask. "The fact that I'm not a Santo just makes me an easier target. Don't worry about me, worry about yourself." He says. "What are you talking about?" I sit back down on my bed. "Spooky wanted to get at you, and don't think I didn't catch the other Santos checking you out, and now there's a guy trying to break into your house in the middle of the night. This shit isn't safe." He declares. "You aren't safe either!" I yell. "What are we gonna do?" He asks in a calm voice. "We can leave." I say and he laughs. "For real, that rollerworld money is just sitting there and my dad would understand he just wants me to be safe." I tell him. "You didn't talk to him for months he wants you to stay with him." Cesar says. "If we stay here it's just going to keep getting worse." I say. "If I leave and Latrelle makes sure they leave you alone then you'll be safe." He says. Is he crazy? There is no way I'm letting him leave alone. "No, if you leave I'm going with you." I say. "You can't do that to your dad." He tries to convince me. "My dad understands better than anyone else." I remind him. "If you leave he's gonna feel like your abandoning him. Your mom did the same thing." He says. "Don't ever compare me to my mom again. I want to be with the person I love not because I'm racist. She left to get away from her family if I leave it's because I don't want to leave my family." I'm not letting him leave me here. "If we leave you realize everything's gonna change. No one can know where we go, you'll lose everything." He says and I shake my head. "If you leave me here that's when I'll lose everything. One day I'll see everyone again but if I don't know where you are what's gonna happen with us?" I ask. "We have to me smart about this the world doesn't revolve are what we want." He says. "You're right but if you leave me I'll be miserable it won't matter that I'm around my dad and my friends because you won't be here." Even the idea of being here without him hurts me. "If I leave it's gonna be the hardest thing I will ever have to do but you gotta remember it's better that we're apart for a little while instead of one of us ending up dead." He tells me.