Sorry

Ruby's POV:
"Do you know what happened?" Jasmine asks. "Yeah, he got in a fight and then he resisted arrest." I can't believe this is happening. "We gotta tell Monse." She says. "No, her dad's the one that told me and I promised I wouldn't say anything." I explain. "Ok, but we have to do something." She says. "Oscar's probably gonna get some dirty cop to let him out before we can even get back there. Besides what could we even do?" I ask. "I have officer Hammel's number I can try and figure something out." Jasmine suggests. "You're a lifesaver." I tell her and she smiles. "It's what I do boo."
*****
"Good news, Cesar's out and he's safe. Bad news, Monty picked him up not Oscar." Jasmine tells me after she hangs up the phone. "How did you do that?" I ask. "He is a broken little man in need of some serious advice." She explains. "You're amazing!" I laugh. "Anything for you guys." She says.

Cesar's POV:
"Why'd you come get me?" I ask Monty. "Your brother's not the only one that knows people." He shrugs. "Yeah, but why would you want to get me?" I clarify. "I'm a dad without a kid I guess." I didn't even think about how Monse being gone must be hurting him. "You can take her room." He says when we get inside. I walk in and all her stuff is set up like she never left. "I don't get it, I thought you sold all her stuff?" I ask. "I just moved it so she thought I got rid of everything. She wasn't safe with me so I had to make sure she would leave without feeling guilty about it." He says. We sit on her bed and hangout for a little. "Why'd you fight him?" He asks. "Is it even safe for me to be here? What if they come looking for me?" I ask. "I'm done... with the Prophets too. I couldn't deal with this shit so they gave me an out and I too it. The less you know the better." He explains. "Oscar said if I didn't do something I'd be done... he'd kill Latrelle and then I would get jumped out." I tell him. "So you beat the shit out of him and your brother just ignores you now?" He asks. "He was still breathing so I guess it was good enough... at least not for Oscar." I admit. "Don't feel guilty that kid wouldn't have hesitated or tried to give you an out. Latrelle doesn't let shit go." I know he's right. "Do you think Monse hates me?" I ask. "Do you think she even misses me?" He says in response. "I don't think, I know she does. Trust me if I knew you were only trying to protect her I wouldn't have told her to wait for you to come to her." I say. "I don't blame you. You were trying to protect her from me. I love her more than anything in the world and not being around her... it's killing me." He says. "Me too." I agree. "I remember when you two met, before we left Freeridge, you guys were inseparable. Like she would cry for hours after your play dates would end. It feels like it's only been a few days since all that happened." He smiles to himself. His phone goes off and when he pulls it out of his pocket he looks confused. "Everything ok?" I ask. "I don't know, it's Monse." He tells me. "Maybe she just missed you." I shrug. He picks up and puts it on speaker. "Hey kid, everything ok?" He asks. "Dad, can you please come get me?" She asks. I can hear her crying and it reminds me of the last time we talked. "Yeah, I'm on my way. Is everything ok?" He asks. "I'll explain later just please hurry." She begs before she hangs up. "Let's go." He says. "Are you sure that's a good idea?" I ask. "I love Finnie but I think right now she might need someone who sticks with her." He says. "Thanks." I get up from the bed. "I'd do anything for that kid." He shrugs.
We pull up to her mom's house and I sit in the backseat. "Oh so you can't answer a text but you can come to pick me up in Brentwood." She asks as she wipes away her tears. "Its a long story, I'll tell you later. What happened?" I ask. "Julia wasn't who she said she was. Instead of telling people what really happened she said my dad abused her and she went to a women's safe house for a few years and that's why she basically doesn't exist for like six years. I guess the fact that she has a sealed record doesn't fit with her image." She's acting like she's ok but I can see right through her. "And what else?" I ask. "And I think she didn't come back because I look more like my dad." She dances around her words but we know what she means. "Some people never change." Monty shakes his head. Before we drive off we see Julia walk outside. "Let's just go. She's not worth it." Monse says. We drive back to her house and I help her fix her bed. "I'm sorry." I tell her. "Don't, I should've listened to your side of the story. I just can't deal with liars right now." She shrugs. "Yeah don't worry about it I'll be out of here in the morning." I tell her and she shakes her head. "I stayed in your house for months." She says. "We were dating." I point out. "I'm sorry too." She says after a minute of awkward silence. "Anyways, what happened to you? You look like you just got hit by a truck." She tries to laugh but I know she's worried. "I got in a fight with Latrelle so that Oscar would think I handled it. Oscar won't even look at me." I tell her. "Is Latrelle ok?" She asks. "He's in the hospital but he's ok." I say. "How about you? Are you ok?" She looks like she actually cares. "I got arrested. Jasmine saved my ass if it wasn't for her I'd still be there." I tell her. "How long were you there?" She asks. "You know when you were on the phone with Ruby and Jamal? After I left I went to go find Latrelle." I say. "Why didn't your brother help?" She asks and I just shake my head. "I'll be on the couch if you need me." I let her know. "You don't have to do that. I think we could both use the company and you deserve a bed." She smiles.