And the World Falls Apart

Monse's POV:
We got home a week ago and Olivia's been completely avoiding me. "Hey Cesar, have you talked to Olivia since we got back?" I ask when I walk into his room. "No, she probably just misses her parents and needs some space." He rationalizes. "Yeah, you're probably right." I can't stress him out with this right now. "I think I want to go to school tomorrow." I change the subject. "What? The school said you can just stay out until the winter break ends." "Winter break starts in a week." I say. "It's just testing." I roll my eyes because I know he's right. "Besides, I don't think you should go back any time soon." He says. We sit down on his bed and I stare at him, completely confused. "What if someone goes to school and tries some shit. I'm not going and I think you should just wait it out." He says. "I'm not putting my life on hold because of something that might happen." I shake my head. "I don't care Monse. You need to stay safe. Be home schooled or something." He's acting like it's no big deal. "No, I need to be around more than just you and your room." I laugh. "I'm serious Monse. Remember what happened last time you didn't listen to me?" "Wow." I grab my bag and I start throwing my stuff in it. "What are you doing?" He stands and stares at me. "I think I should go home." I say. "No, how is that a good idea? We've been doing good and Oscar's fine with you staying here." He grabs my bag and that's it. "I can't have you trying to control me, it's none of your business." I huff. "Actually it is my business because you're my girlfriend." I raise my eyebrows at him. "So what?" I ask. "So I want you to be safe!" He yells. "Yeah, if you wanted me safe you wouldn't have gotten deeper in the gang." I can tell I struck a nerve. "Seriously Monse?" He laughs. "Take your shit then. I got deeper because of you. You think I like this shit? I shot Latrelle and I killed a guy even though you hated me." "I'm sorry, I sh-" He gives me a look that basically screams shut up. "I'll go." I walk out of his room and I turn around but instead of stopping me he slams the door in my face. Somehow I cross the street without any Santos trying to talk to me. I walk into my house and before I even open the door all the way I see my dad watching tv. "When did you get home?" I ask and he doesn't respond. "Dad?" "Get your stuff and get out of my house." He says without looking at me. "What?" He's obviously joking. "You thought I wouldn't find out you went to Mexico?" He asks. "I went for one day and it's not like you were answering the phone." "If you want to be a grown up and live with your boyfriend then do that. Get your stuff and get out!" "Dad, Cesar and I got into a fight." I tell him. "So? You're grown enough to leave the country without me then you're grown enough to figure it out." What am I gonna do? I walk into my room so he can have some space and all that's there is a duffle bag. "What the fuck!" I scream. "What is this?" I ask with the bag in my hand. "That's your stuff now go. Don't bother coming back, I'm changing the locks." He pushes me out of the house and locks the door. What just happened? I'm too shocked to cry so instead I just walk to Ruby's since Cesar's mad at me. "Hey ms. Martinez, my dad kicked me out. Can I stay here for a couple days?" I start crying once those words come out of my mouth. "Monse, you know we love you but I can't. We promised Olivia's parents that we'd hold up her end of the deal." "What deal." I ask. "She promised her parents she would distance herself from you and Cesar." She explains. "I'm sorry mija." She closes the door. Wow, third door I've had slammed in my face in the last two hours. My last hope is that Jamal's parents will let me live there. I walk across the street and I'm crying so much that the tears are blocking my vision. "Hey Jamal." I cry and he automatically hugs me and pulls me inside. "What's wrong?" He asks. We sit on his couch and I take a deep breath. "Well, where do I start." I laugh or at least I try to. "Cesar and I got into a fight so I had to leave and then I go home and my dad was pissed that we went to Mexico and he kicked me out, then I tried to go to Ruby and Olivia's house but instead ms. Martinez told me Olivia promised her parents she wouldn't talk to me so now I'm here." I wipe my tears grab my duffle bag as tightly as I can. "Oh yeah, and my dad sold everything other than this one bag." I add. "You should've come here first. Here at Jamal's Casa Inn and Suites we have a wide range of this one couch for you to sleep on." He says in the most serious voice I've ever heard. "Well I can't afford more then no money a night." I laugh. "Perfect that's our exact rate." He claps. "Now I just need to go tell the CEOs that we have a guest." He says, referring to his parents. "Wait, if it's Jamal's Casa shouldn't you be the CEO?" I ask as he stands up. "They made Jamal."  He laughs. Only Jamal could make me laugh after the whole world abandons me. "We have good and bad news. What do you want to hear first?" He asks. "Good news first." I sigh. "Good news is you can stay, the bad news is tomorrow's five star breakfast is a piece of toast until we go to Costco on Saturday." I thought it was actually bad news. "You ass hole!" I smack his arm. "What, did our yelp review promise more?" He asks and I roll my eyes.