Flick on The Field

Monse's POV:
* January 2nd: 7:35pm *
"Baby!" Cesar yells and I wake up from my nap. "Are you ok, what's wrong?" I ask quickly. "Yeah, I just missed you." He laughs. "Shut up pendejo!" I roll over and cover myself with the blanket completely but of course he doesn't leave me alone. "Our breaks almost over let's enjoy it!" Cesar throws himself on top of me. "I can't breathe!" I yell. "I don't care get up!" Sometimes I swear he acts like a little kid. "If I get up we better do something." I push him off of me so I can finally breathe. "Ok I'll figure something out." I can hear the excitement in his voice. "Nothing boring!" I say. "When am I ever boring?" He asks. "All the time Cesar." I throw the blanket off of myself because I know I'm not getting anymore sleep until later tonight. "There's gonna be a movie on the football field tonight, you wanna go?" Cesar asks. I just finished getting ready and he looks at me with his cheesy ass smile. "Sure but can you please stop staring at me like that?" I laugh. "Damn bebé maybe we should just stay home." He says. He sits next to me and doesn't stop smiling. "Why? I woke up so we're gonna go out." I proclaim. "Sorry, you just look really good right now. Maybe I changed my mind about going out." He shrugs as he plays with my jean jacket. "I dress like this all the time what are you talking about?" He can be so weird sometimes. "You could wear the same thing everyday and I'd still think you look beautiful every time I see you." He says and I kiss him. "That's sweet, and technically it's impossible. One day I'm gonna look like a moldy raisin." I point out. "Mmm I don't care. I'm always gonna see you like this." He says. "And how do you see me?" I ask. "I would try to explain it but I'm not the writer." He laughs. "I love you." I smile. "If you want to make it on time we should go now." He says. "Oh so you're not gonna say it back." I raise my eyebrows at him. "I love you too now let's go." He drags me off of the bed and out the door. "So are we meeting the crew there?" I ask. "No, I just want a little time with just you. No drama." He says. "No drama sounds impossible right now." I tell him as we walk down towards the school. "Don't start getting negative with me bebé." He laughs. "I'm not! I'm just honest." I say and he rolls his eyes. We get to field and sit on one of the old blankets they had laid out. "Never change." I say after looking at him watching the movie for a few minutes. "What?" He asks. "I just never want to lose the guy I fell in love with." I shrug. "Monse, I swear I'll never change." He laughs. "I'm serious. You see how your brother is. It's like he's completely consumed by acting like Spooky and Oscar doesn't exist anymore." I put my head on his shoulder and he rubs my back. "Don't worry about that. I know who I am." He kiss the top of my head. "Yeah? Who are you then?" I ask him. "I'm Lil' Spooky but I'm Cesar first." He smiles. It scares me that he admits that he's Lil' Spooky but I know it's a part of him. Hopefully it's deep, deep down. "It's like a fifty, fifty thing." He shrugs. Of course he says that. "It wasn't fifty, fifty when we first met." I sigh. "No, I acted like Lil' Spooky all the time expect for when I was around Ruby and Jamal. You gave me a reason to be myself again." He's so sweet I can't be mad at him. "I love you." I tell him.

Cesar's POV:
I can't describe how I feel when she tells me she loves me. I put my hand on the side of her face and her slowly 'cause I know it drives her crazy. "Wow baby... why do you always have to be so annoying?" She asks. "You love it." I'm about to kiss her again but someone sprays us with water. "What the fuck?" I say when I turn around and see it's Jamal. "This is a school sanctioned event! There will be no canoodling on this field!" He exclaims. "Canoodling?" Monse laughs and he sprays her. "Why are you even doing this?" I ask. "Because my girlfriend's a cheerleader and they're here working Flick on The Field. I gotta support my boo." He says says with sass. "Jamal, there's a guy over there who won't recycle can you go talk to him please?" Mariana asks when she rushes over to us. "I'm on it!" He rushes over to the trash cans to find the criminal. "That should keep him busy for a few minutes. I'm sorry, I told him coach said make sure no one gets pregnant and he's taking his job very seriously." Mariana laughs. "Yeah, we can see that." Monse laughs. "He kinda sprayed us with water." I inform Mariana. "Of course he did." She laughs. "Well, if he bothers you guys again text me and enjoy the rest of the movie. Go Freeridge!" She says quickly when her coach starts walking towards her. "Remind me how they ended up together?" Monse asks. "Everyone loves a man in uniform. First his jersey and now... a Freeridge cheerleading supporter shirt and a fanny pack?" I say. "Yeah, it's definitely that." She nods. "You want to go somewhere a little more private?" I smirk. "Oh, are you embarrassed to be with me in public?" She says jokingly. "How... you know what." I grab her face and I kiss her again. "How could I ever be embarrassed of you? You're the most gorgeous and amazing person I have ever met." I don't even know what movie they're playing but honestly this was just an excuse to leave the house. "Then let's stay, watch the movie, we never get to go out without some crazy shit happening." Monse smiles. We're already more than halfway through the movie but it's fine. "You guys should come over after this, I'm throwing a party." Mariana says as squats down by us. "I don't know, who's going?" Monse asks. "Just some people. No Prophets." Mariana doesn't know the whole story but she knows  enough. "Ok, where at?" I ask. "I live on third street." She smiles before skipping off. "Fuck." I mumble. "What's wrong?" Monse asks. "Nothing, I just remembered she's Jamal's girlfriend it's probably gonna be a cult orgy." And it's also Prophet territory and truce or not we can't be on that side. I'll figure it out she doesn't need to know. I feel like me being a Santo has taken so much away from her. If I can figure this shit out and we can have a good time I'll feel like a good boyfriend for once. "Are you ok? You spaced out for a second." Monse says. "Don't worry about me! You should be worrying about the cult orgy." And about the fact that your boyfriend is ruining everything.