Football Friday

Monse's POV:
We're sitting on the bleachers watching Jamal pace back and forth. Cesar puts his hand around my waist and I flinch. "You ok?" He asks. "Yeah it's just Olivia's not too into pda." I shrug. He cups my face in his hands and kisses me. "I don't care. She's not my girlfriend, you are." He whispers. "I know but she's been through a lot and I just don't want to make her uncomfortable." I explain. "Hey mama, I love that you care so much about what other people think but you can't blame me for wanting to kiss you and be as close to you as I can." He smiles. "I get it, my dad's on his way back and I don't know how much I'm gonna be able to see you. "Then let me be all gross and romantic while I can." He says. I lean my head on his shoulder and go back to looking at a stressed out Jamal. "It's almost half time maybe they won't put him in." Ruby says in a hopeful tone.

Jamal's POV:
I should've wrote a will. I see the squad looking at me and I get even more nervous. It's half time finally and I can breathe for the next twenty minutes. "Hey hows it going? You still stressed?" Monse asks. "Stressed, me? Never I'm cool as a cucumber MONSE!" I exclaim before I take a deep breath. "Wow, breathe. Remember what you told me when I went to talk to Oscar, follow the bounce." Ruby turns me to the cheerleaders. "You two really are gross." Olivia laughs. "Being gross saved Ruby from certain death." Cesar says with a laugh. "Monse, if I die take over my rollerworld investigation, Ruby get the girl you were talking about the other day, Cesar don't annoy Monse she has some serious work to do for me, and Olivia I don't know what to tell you since you kinda just hang out and that's it." Olivia looks like she wants me dead. great. "I'll make sure all your research goes to good use." Monse smiles. "You won't have to though because he's not going to die right?" Cesar says and everyone nods. "Good luck." Monse says as I run back on the field for warm ups. Yup this is the end.

Olivia's POV:
I see Monse and Cesar messing around and I get a knot in my stomach. Cesar can do better than Monse. Not that Monse's not a good person but she's just not his type. "Hey Monse can I talk to you, in private?" She pulls herself away from Cesar long enough to nod her head. "What's up?" She asks. "I was just wondering if you and Cesar were, you know, like a real couple?" I ask. " Yeah we were basically dating since the beginning of summer." She smiles. "I mean like officially." "It's only been like two weeks but-" "Ok, I just wanted to know because I mean you know how cholos are." I say as I walk away, leaving her confused.

Cesar's POV:
Monse's talking to Olivia and I'm kind of freaking out 'cause Olivia already effects how Monse's been acting in public with me. "Where's Monse?" I ask when Olivia comes back alone. "She was right behind me she probably just stopped to get water or something? ." Olivia sits in between me and Ruby. A few seconds later Monse's back. "Hey where'd you go?" I ask. "Olivia just wanted to have some girl talk and I stayed behind for a minute." She gives me a weird smile and I know something's wrong. I hug her from behind so she can keep watching the game and she leans into me. I'm so lucky. I kiss her cheek and this time I notice Olivia staring. We make eye contact and she goes back to talking to Ruby. "What were you guys talking about?" I whisper. "You and me but it's irrelevant." She says as she watches the game. I rest my chin on her shoulder and we watch a fight break out. Of course the referees agree it's our fault. "Oh God no." Monse says as she runs down to the fence and we follow her. "They're gonna put Jamal in." She clarifies. "Does anyone remember what he said to do if he dies?" Ruby asks and we shake our heads. "Great." Monse mumbles as we watch Jamal stand there confused.

Ruby's POV:
Jamal catches the ball and starts running down the field. "He's not gonna die!" I cheer. "He's gonna win the game!" Someone cheers from behind us. "Touchdown Freeridge!" The guys yells over the intercom. "All fall down!" We all start cheering
*after the game*
"Did you guys see that!" Jamal says with excitement. "Yeah that was so cool." Olivia says. "Good 'cause it's never happening again." He says with a straight face but we can tell he's still joking.

*later at Monse's house*
Cesar's POV:
"What time's your dad coming?" I ask. "Soon." She says as she kisses me. "I wish we could've had a few more days." I pull her in as close as I can because I know once she starts helping her dad she won't be around as much. "We will, in two months when my dad goes to Miami." She says. "How long?" "A little over two weeks, he's making stops in a couple states and on his way back he's driving to New York then he comes home." I know Monse misses her dad when he leaves but I love being able to have her all to myself. "I should go before he gets back." I start to go towards the door and she grabs my hand. "You're my boyfriend you're allowed to be here." "I love it when you call me your boyfriend." I kiss her cheek. "I don't." Monty says. "Oh my God dad you gave me a heart attack." Monse says as she hugs her dad. "Good. Get used to it." He says as he stares at me "I should go." "Can he stay a little longer?" I hear Monse ask as I start to leave and it makes me smile. "Cesar you can stay but you better be gone by tomorrow morning me and Monse have work to do." He says. "Yeah I won't stay too late." I say eagerly. "I'm too tired for this." He mumbles as he walks into his room.