Happy

Cesar's POV:
We get back to our house and Monse runs into my room. "What's wrong?" I ask. When I walk inside I see Christmas lights and a bunch of decorations. "I know, it's cheesy. I didn't want you to see it after all the shit that went down." I just stand there and smile at her. "Stop!" She whines. "I'm not doing anything." I laugh. "It's stupid I shouldn't have done it." She sighs. "Does it look like I think this is stupid? No one's done something this cool for me in a while. Oscar get in here!" Oscar stumbles into my room and his eye get wide. "Man I got to get myself a girlfriend this year." He laughs. "Guys stop making fun of me." Monse says. "Seriously Monse, this shits cute." Oscar says. "So do you decorate for all the holidays or just Christmas?" I ask. "It was supposed to be a cute surprise." She sighs. "It was." I give her a small kiss but she wraps her arms around my neck and keeps kissing me. "Don't get pregnant." Oscar says when he leaves my room. "So is this my Christmas present?" I ask. "I'm not a prostitute." She laughs. "I know, but... I'm not gonna say the right thing am I?" I ask. "Mmm... probably not." She smiles. "I love you." I say. "You can't just say that every time you don't know what to say." She tells me. "Oh really?" I ask. "Yes really!" She laughs. "I love you I love you I love you." I say quickly. "I love you too. Now can we please go to sleep." She says. "Yeah of course, if we don't then Santa won't come!" I tease her. "Why is loving Christmas such a bad thing?" She asks. "It's not, it's cute." I say.

Monse's POV:
Cesar finally falls asleep and I wiggle out from between his arms and grab the small dollar store Christmas tree. I bought the guys a few presents since they've been letting me live here and everything. Once I set up everything I crawl back into bed and try not to wake Cesar up.
*next day, 12:15 pm*
"Yo Monse, you do all this?" Oscar yells. "Do all what?" I yawn as I walk into the living room. "Oh, no. Must have been someone else." I shrug. "Thanks kid. It's been rough over here I wish I could give you guys a real Christmas." He shrugs. "Stop, this was a real Christmas. Last night we went through a bunch of family drama, everyone got drunk and someone threw a punch. It doesn't get more real then that." I say. "Oh right, how's your face?" Oscar asks. "He barely hit me." I laugh. "Why are you guys up so early?" Cesar asks as he shuffles his feet. "Hungover?" Oscar asks and Cesar nods. "Well, someone brought you guys presents." I tell Cesar. "You're the best." He smiles. "I know, now open them!" I say. "Ok, don't be so pushy." Cesar says as he rubs his eyes. "They're mainly just stuff that I know you guys need so don't expect anything amazing." I say. "For real?" Oscar says as he unwraps one of his gifts. "Yeah, I stole it from my dad. I guess your dad gave it to mine. It's for both of you." I smile. "What is it?" Cesar asks. "Our dad's watch. I remember when he was around he always said he was gonna give it to me one day. It's so stupid that I still remember that." He tries to act tough. "It's not stupid." Cesar says. "You guys deserve something from your dad besides your last name and a gang bloodline. Now keep opening stuff before you start crying." I say. "Socks?" Cesar laughs. "Yeah, I've done laundry here before and trust me you needed them." I laugh. They finish opening their presents and we watch Christmas With the Kranks. "It's a classic you have to love it!" I say. "You guys have fun with your corny ass movie, I'm gonna go toe Alejandro's for a few hours." Oscar says. "Ok, see you later." Cesar says. "We gotta spend every Christmas like this." I say as I lean my head on Cesar's chest. "Like what?" He asks. "As a family. All of us." I say. "It's crazy, next Christmas there's gonna be another one member of the family." Cesar says. "I know, do you think they'll stay together?" I ask. "Ruby loves Olivia and she broke up with me for him. They'll stay together." He says. "You have a really high opinion of yourself." I say. "Would you break up with me for Ruby?" He laughs. "No, but I'm also not in love with him. I don't know, it's Latrelle. Ruby and I got shot because of him." "Because of me." Cesar mumbles. "No, not today!" I say quickly. "What?" He asks. "We're going to be happy all day today even if it makes us crazy." I laugh. "Come here." He pulls me on his lap. "I'm happy." He says. "I am too." He kisses me slowly and my heart starts beating faster, like it's our first kiss all over again. "We should probably go to Ruby's." I say in between kisses. "No, let's just stay here. I'm pretty sure we can have more fun here." He smirks. "I know but it's Christmas." I say. Cesar shakes his head and I stand up. "Come on!" I try to pull him up but he just pulls me back down onto his lap. "Five more minutes." He laughs. "We told them we'd go!" I whine. "And you told me you loved me!" He complains. "I do!" I laugh. "Mm-hmm?" "Yes." I laugh. "So let's stay here we can go later." He suggests. "If they get mad I'm blaming you!" I say. "Deal." He laughs. "Hey, one more bad thing." I say and he looks confused. "Do you think I should visit my dad?" I ask.