He's not that bad

Monty Finnie POV:
It's been a week since we moved here, since Monse's left the house. She barely talks to me or anyone. "Ok that's enough, I gave you a week and now you need to be in the world you can't just sit around and feel sorry for yourself." I say as I barge into her room. "You could've knocked." She doesn't even look up from her phone. "I didn't move us out here for you to  be miserable." She just rolls her eyes. "Then why did you move us out here?" Monse says with attitude. "Go take a shower, change and go outside. You can keep hiding here." I can tell when she's about to explode and this is one of those times. "I don't know anyone you wanted to move I didn't want to, why are you being such a dick!" She yells. "Come on Monse! This isn't you go out and make friends because you're not spending the day in your room." I say.  She huffs and stomps her way to the shower. "Sorry about that Oscar, I just don't want her to hear what I gotta talk to you about." I say as I hand him a beer. "Teenagers." He says with a laugh as he shakes his head.

Monse's POV:
I finish changing and I see my dad talking to Oscar. "What's he doing here." Oscar gives me a weird smile. "I just wanted to meet the neighbors and you should too." He says as he turns back to Oscar. I need to find out what's going on and why my dad's talking to him. I sit on the steps in front of my house Cesar and two other guys are across the street. If Cesar wasn't so rude and annoying he'd actually be kinda cute. "Enjoying the show?" Cesar asks from across the street. I just look away. He caught me staring great. They start to cross the street and I wanna run inside but I don't. I can't look like a complete loser if I wanna know what's going on. "Monse that's Ruby and that's Jamal." He says as he points at the two guys. "Hey, Cesar said you guys have been friends for a while. How is that possible?" I ask. Cesar narrows his eye and I smile, I didn't mean to but I do. What was that? "He's a good friend, you could do a lot worse than Cesar Diaz." Jamal says as he elbows Cesar's ribs. "Expect for 4th grade kick ball. That's when you could do a lot better than Cesar Diaz." Jamal says as he shakes his head in disappointment. His friends seem to love him but I don't know there's something he's not telling me. "What about you Monse? Who is Monse Finnie." Cesar says as he sits a little too close to me. "I don't know maybe you'll just have to stick around and find out." I say quoting him from our conversation yesterday. He gives me a look and I smile at him. "Sparks." Jamal says as he puts two fists in the air and opens them like fireworks. "Ew." I say as I push Cesar off the step. He brushes himself off and smirks at me. What's up with him and smirking? "That's never gonna happen." I let them know. "So do you both live on this block?" I ask as I attempt to change the subject. "Yeah I live over there and Ruby lives across from me." Jamal says as he points a few doors down. "So tell me, was little Cesar as annoying as the grown one?" I ask. "Hey when did this become you just bullying me?" Cesar asks as he crouches in front of me. I get a weird feeling in my stomach and it's not the one I get when I wanna punch someone. I just stare at him with wide eyes. He puts his hands on my thighs but he just pushes himself up and once his hands are gone it feels empty. I never felt that before.

Cesar's POV:
I kneel down in front of Monse and she doesn't push me away she just stares at me. I can feel Jamal and Ruby staring at us and so I put my hands on her lap and push myself back up. Her legs are so soft. I feel like such an idiot for even thinking that. "So why are you sitting out here anyways?" I ask, I don't wanna make it too obvious that I was thinking about that one second. "My dad says I need friends. Oh yeah and I haven't left my room in a week." Monse says, she looks embarrassed and I smile. "Well you made friends with us so you're dad can't complain anymore." Ruby says. Oscar walks out of Monse's house and nods at me. "I'll be right back." I follow Oscar across the street. "Mr. Finnie is an original veterano, he's the only person that the Prophets  and the Santos are good with and we're keeping it that way. You watch out for his daughter, not everyone's a fan of him." Oscar says. I can't believe how important that family is. "Why can't he protect her?" I ask. "He drives trucks he's not around too much... when he's not here you gotta make sure she doesn't find any of this out, and you better not try anything with her." He seems serious. "I got it." I say. "Now go over there and get her to not hate you." I nod and I cross back over. I really hope she couldn't hear us or else it's all ruined. "Anything important?" Monse asks. "Nah, he just likes to annoy me." I say with a laugh.

*Cesar's Phone: group chat*
Cesar: you guys should go I'll explain later
Ruby: where are we supposed to go
C: mot my problem
C: *not
Jamal: lets just go you better remember to tell us

Monse's POV:
They're on there phones and I'm kinda uncomfortable. "I should probably go in-" Cesar cuts me off and I roll my eyes. "No!" He screams, he clears his throat and then says, "No." in a calmer voice. "Ok." I say but I'm kind of confused. "We gotta go see you later Monse." Ruby says as him and Jamal walk away.