Gun shots

"Hey Jamal, I cant go right now. Cesar's here and he needs the money faster than we thought. I know I can't rush you but-" Monse says over the phone. "Say no more mama, reinforcements are on the way." Jamal says before he hangs up. "Who was that?" Cesar asks as he gets out of the bathroom. "Jamal, I'm just trying to help with rollerworld without leaving the house." Monse informs Cesar. "You can go, I promise I won't go anywhere." Cesar says. "I don't care, you said it yourself, you could die tonight. I'm not spending my day with Jamal. Ruby or someone's on their way to help him." She says as she kisses him. "Ok, you should have a bag packed just in case." Cesar tells Monse. "Don't say that. It's going to be fine we can figure it out." Monse tries to smile. "We don't have to talk about it right now but eventually we have to." Cesar says as he wraps an arm around her waist. "You're so beautiful, if you were the last thing I ever saw I would be happy." Cesar says as he looks at Monse with sad eyes. Monse kisses him slowly and softly like she's afraid to touch him. "I love you so much." Monse says quietly. "I love you too." Cesar sits her on his lap and holds her close. The idea of never seeing her again makes every muscle in his body ache. "We're gonna get you out of here, ok?" Monse says and Cesar nods. "Now, you want to help me get my mind off everything?" Cesar smirks. "Are you always thinking about sex?" Monse laughs. "I didn't say sex, I just want my beautiful girlfriend to distract me from this shit." Cesar says as he kisses her forehead. "So what'd you have in mind?" Monse asks. "I don't know, this." Cesar picks her up and moves to the couch. "Let's have a "date" before I-" Monse cuts him off. "Don't say before you die, swear to God Cesar." Monse says. "I was going to say, before Oscar calls me." Cesar finishes. "How are we gonna have a date without leaving my house?" Monse asks. "We Can put on a movie, eat everything in your fridge. I don't really know." Cesar laughs. They get everything ready and sit as close together as they can. "I can't do it." Cesar says out of nowhere. "I can't kill Latrelle. I'm not the same as I was when we met but I have to. I'm not letting him hurt you again." Cesar explains. "We can figure it out. You can hide here or we can figure something out." Monse says quickly. "It's not that easy. If I'm here and they find me you'll be in danger." Cesar says. "I can't lose you." Monse tears up. "Don't cry, please. Trust me I'll be ok Oscar has my back." Cesar wipes away a few tears from Monse's face. "I don't want you to become a murder. I know you shot that guy but you were protecting us." Monse cries. "I won't be a murder I'll just be protecting us again." Cesar tries to reason with her.

*10:00 pm*
"I gotta go." Cesar says. "Please be careful, don't make the wrong choice." Monse kisses him goodbye and for all she knows it could be the last time. Cesar gets in his brothers car and they go find Latrelle. "When he goes to the bathroom, you kill him don't think twice. If something goes wrong I got you." Oscar says and Cesar just nods. "I'm sorry hermano but you gotta do this. What if you get Monse knocked up and then he kills you? You can't just tell me it won't happen. She needs you alive." Oscar points out. "I know." Cesar mumbles. "Now's your chance, go." Oscar hands him the gun and Cesar walks towards the bathroom. Every step feels like torture, every inch is an inch closer to murder. "I can't do this." Cesar mumbles when he gets in the bathroom. Latrelle turns around and sees Cesar with a gun. "You think I ain't always packin'!" He yells as he pulls out his gun. "I can't, we can work something out you just need to stay away from Monse." Cesar says. "Fuck you." Latrelle shouts. "We don't have to do this!" Cesar exclaims. "Nah, you killed my homie and now you roll up on me what do think we're gonna do? Hug it out!" Latrelle laughs. "We don't have to die because of petty shit." Cesar begs. He thinks about Monse, about they're day together and how this could be the end of all the dreams they had for their future.

Two gun shots go off and Oscar runs inside. "I'm so sorry hermano."

*********
Sorry for the short chapter I thought I'd keep you guys in suspense for another chapter. Thanks for all the love and support!