Chapter 9 - Needing not wanting

It’s not exactly who I was expecting.

“What are you doing here?” I ask.

“I own this house which means I get to come in and out of the house whenever I want and I increased the number of coming to the house to once every 2 weeks. I need to see my daughter.” He smile, yea, like he ever came to this house to ‘check-up’ on me. He open the fridge and see’s that there is no food. “Here, it's for food for the next 2 weeks.” He gives me money.

“I don’t need it.”  He turns and looks at me.

“You do, you need food and I pay for you, so take it.” I need more than just money

“I’ll get a job.” I state.

“I don’t want to you to work too much, so do your homework and that’s good enough”

“I want to work more because it means less staying in this house, alone, so again I don’t need you money, and when was the last time you gave a shit about me” who does he think he is?

“Don’t you dare say that, I’ve been paying for the bills and the food and your education” He says starting to get angry.

“That’s not the only things I need!” I shout, not in the way you think.

“Oh, I’m sorry, do you want me to give you money for drinks and drugs or do you have that covered?” he says.

“I mean, I need more than just things in general, I need my dad!” I shout at him.

“Well, now you’ll see him once every 2 weeks, it’s better than before” he smiles. I don’t say anything. I ignore him and go upstairs. “See, you chose to ignore me, I’m here, and you’re not, so don’t blame this on me”

“I need my dad, not an alcoholic man whore who only cares about himself” I slam my becroom door.

-----------------------------------------------------------

RING RING RING

“Hey” I say I my morning voice

“Hello!” ugh. Curls.

“You called remember?” I say

“Yea, what are you doing?” he says

“Umm…laying on my bed, what about you?” I ask

“Waiting” what?

“For what?” I ask

“For you to run downstairs and open the door for me” we both laugh.

“You’re here? Yea like I’ll believe that!” then the door rings. “Coming!” I shout “Wait, was that you?”

“What? No.” I run down the stairs and open the door. “Of course” He comes in.

“What’s for breakfast?” he asks

“Umm…Nothing!” His smile fades

“Good! We’re going out for breakfast! So go back upstairs and change!”

"Not going to happen!"

"Oh so your not hungry?"I turn and he laughs. I run upstairs and change to jeans and a long dark red sleeved shirt with my white converse, that aren’t really white anymore. Then I hear talking.

“Umm…I’m taking your daughter out for breakfast” OH SHIT, I run down stairs.

“Come on lets go” not even looking at my dad.

“Umm…excuse me where do you think you’re going?” dad asks, Harry was about to say somthing ‘politely’.

“Breakfast, you came late yesterday so I didn’t have time to buy groceries, and I’m hungry!” I give him attitude and shut the front door. We get in to the car and go. “Ugh. I can’t stand him” ring ring ring “Speaking of not standing people, Hello” I answer,

“I’m so sorry but I-“

"Don’t you even, I’m glad that you didn’t come because the devil and I had an interesting conversation, and you walking in would have made in 10 times worse!”

“Are you okay? Should I come over and we can talk about it?” he says

“No, he’s still there” I say

“There? As in your not home?” I smile

“Yes, I came out of the house for once! Whoa!” We both laugh.

“Then we’re are you?” he asks.

“Breakfast with a friend” Then harry stops the car and mouths ‘we’re here’ “Hey, look I need to go. Bye!” I’m hungry. Harry takes me to a small cafe/diner and we sit in a booth.

“So, what do you want to eat?” he smiles

“Umm…I don’t know?"

“What about waffles, do you like them?” I put a fake smile, then he realizes it “NOOOOO! Never?”

“Ever” I say. Then he orders waffles for me and blueberry pancake for him.  

“So? Tell me about yourself!” OH SHIT!

“Cassie, 17 year old girl, what about you?” he stares at me

“Harry styles, 17 year old guy, born in Holmes Chapel”

“Wow, extra fact, nice!” He gives me a look “Fine! Born in LA, no siblings, favourite colour red and favourite food will always be pizza margarita”

“Why did you move to London?  What’s the deal with your dad? And how did you start dating such an idiot?” The food gets here. Waffles are my 2nd favourite food!

“We met in freshmen year I was a loner, he felt sad for me, hanged out with me to make me feel better. A year later I wasn’t such a loser or loner and he asked me out, that’s it!”

“Deal with your dad?” going from one question to the other

“Trying to be a good father, but horribly failing” I say.

“Why did you move to London?” I ignore him. He asks again, I don’t answer. “Cassie!” I look up. “Why did you move to London?” he asks getting very curious.

“Good education!” he makes that ‘really face’ “What?”

“Why did you move to London?” he didn’t need to know. For now.

__________________________________

PLZ COMMENT! vote if u want! Sorry, about last chapter, i wasn't in the best mood. I 've been "feeling sick" (not actually sick) for 2 days so i was lacking inspiration and reason. Thanks for reading! you the best!