Chapter 25 - Normal Is Boring

“Wake up, you bitch!” I hear a voice shout while a pillow is thrown on my face. “It’s the weekend and we are spending all together” I pull my cover to my head and turn. Then Jade pulls my cover of the bed and just looks at me.

“Leave to sleep! I’m hibernating!” I close my eyes.

“Your dad is making pancakes” I instantly open my eyes.

“No! My dad never makes pancakes!” She nods, but I still don’t believe. I jump out of bed and run out. I’m sure she said that to wake me up. But then I see Luke and Ashton sitting and eating, while my dad is next to the oven and I want to say…pan. “Whoa” Is all I say and they all turn to look at me.

“See told you!” She said and ran to the counter and my dad passed her a plate with two pancakes with syrup. I keep walking to the counter and sit next to Jade.

“Hey dad, how’re you feeling?” I ask slowly.

“Good, what about you, darling?” He smiles. Okay, Hold up.

What is happening, first breakfast, then he asked how I was, and he called me ‘Darling’! He hasn’t called me that since I was 10! Something is going on. “Are you on something?” I asked rudely, Jade, Ashton and Luke all stare at me with their mouths open.

“Cassie!” Jade yells

“It’s okay Jade, she’s my daughter” He smiles. Ashton and Luke are already done so they put their plates back and excuse themselves. Jade knew that my dad & I are about to have a serious talk so she just excused herself to the restroom. “I’m sorry” He says

“Why are you? I’m the one who said the-” I was cut off.

“No, not for that.” He says. Then he looks into my eyes and I know exactly what he’s about to say.

“No! Don’t even start! I know exactly what you’re about to say and I don’t want to hear it. You’ve said it a thousand times!” I yell and leave the counter. I walk half of the way then turn and come back. I take my plate with the most delicious pancakes and go back up to my room. He said the speech a million times. When he was drunk, high and sometimes even when he was sleeping. He says he’s never going to do it again and then he does it. I’m tired of this. I hear a knock and I look up. Ashton. There are three levels of convincing. Jade, then Ashton and eventually Luke. Luke was never needed thought. Jade usually convinces me, and if not Ashton.

“I’m sorry!” He says with sympathy.

“Why does everyone apologize? I swear the word ‘sorry’ has lost its meaning” I shout and then realize I just shouted at a guy who was being nice and apologizing “Sorry” I say, then we both start laughing, gosh I’m a hypocrite. “I just. I’ve heard it a thousand times, what makes a difference from now and every other time?” I ask.

“He’s changing. He wants to get to know his daughter.” He says.

“He had 17 years to do that. I swear he still thinks I like pink. He’s stuck in a world where I’m ten and I don’t know anything, and I don’t feel anything, I’m a kid where I needed him to do everything for me” I say. I take a deep breath. I can feel the tears about to come down and I try to keep them but I’m horrible with hiding tears. “I’m not kid anymore. I’ve been my own parent for 7 years. I’ve baby-sat him. I had to take care of a drunk who doesn’t care about anything in the world. So tell me why I should listen to a stranger that I dread.

“Because he’s your father. And I know that he might not deserve a chance from you, but a lot of people don’t, yet you still give it. You’re a caring person, and even if you don’t admit it you love him, and he loves you more than you think. Just because someone doesn’t show that they do, doesn’t mean they don’t” I start crying. “Give him a chance, one more chance. To prove to you that he has changed.” He says hugging me.

“I have, again and again and again, but he never does. Why can’t I have a normal father?” I hear another voice cut in.

“Because normal is boring. Complicated is hard, but better for life.” I see that it’s Luke. I think about it.

“Fine.” They both look at me. I’ll give him a chance to explain himself. But that’s it.” They both smile and nod.

What? I only updated a few days ago and another one? YES! I’m amazing with extra time today. Next chapter is the serous talk with the dad. And it might or might not be in 3 days. Or maybe closer?

Question of the Chappie: Who’s your favourite? (Niall, Harry, Liam, Louis and the amazing Zayn)

And if you don’t like them, srsly, why read this? This is about them…so…idc you can be whoever and still read this as long as you comment and vote then you’re on my gd side, and you do not wanna be on my bad side. Because I’ll do NOTHING about it, bc u live across the world and I have no idea who u are. Anyho, vote/Comment…2.8K reads WHATTT!?  Thank you

 ILY BYE

Btw this isn't edited...none of them are