A Warrior, A Chieftan, A Father, A Friend

Warning: Character Death. Homecoming Spoilers? I think?

*Sniff sniff,*

*Wtf is wrong with me*

THIS HAS BEEN A DRAFT FOR AGESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TEEHEEEE I JUST FINISHED FOR YOU GUYS SO YOUR WELCOMEEEEE I WROTE MOST OF THIS IS ONE SITTING AND IM PROUDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(2021 me here, this is just a self note: first published on the 2 of Feb 2020)

###

Age: 43-44, 10-13

Couples: Hiccstrid 

Place: New Berk

Summary: Valka watches her husband die by saving his son. Then She has to watch Her son die by saving his son... *Sigh* I'm so sorry.

###

Grimmel's methods had somehow reappeared, more than ten years later, and the Dragon's were attacking Berk. War was on. All Children, elderly, and sick were hidden in the forest of the island by Hiccup's orders. Twenty guards had been placed there to protect them, just in case.

Hiccup lead the soldiers and warriors into battle, despite how strong his hate was for war. There were two-hundred of them in total, and a few of those were Snotlout, Ruff and Tuff, Gobber, and Eret. Valka, Astrid and Fishlegs were some of the guards protecting those unable to do so themselves.

The New-Berkians had managed to defend the island without much bloodshed, they would capture the dragons and take the needles of venom out of there necks, freeing them. The dragons would either fly off or help protect the Berkians.

But, no matter how hard you try, in war, there comes a time where there has to be murder.

The troops had just defeated a whole wave of dragons, and none would be coming for a while, they had freed quite a few. When Hiccup looked through his glass-eye and saw no dragons for miles, he ordered everyone to the middle of the island to spend time with loved ones.

Hiccup, Eret, Snotlout, the twins, and Gobber were tracking through the bush together, infront of the crowd, towards their families. 

"Never have I hated being Chief more than this," Hiccup mumbled, wiping an unshed tear from his eye. He folded his arms around his waist, wishing for nothing more than for it to be over. Out of everyone, this was effecting him most.

"Aye, Chief. I thought I would never go back to being a Dragon killer," Eret sighed, walking closer to Gobber than just friends would. ;)  

"We all hate this, Hiccup. But, people need you right now." Fishlegs stated, looking over at his friend and leader.

"I-I know," He stammered, and everyone suddenly got alot more worried. Hiccup hadn't stammered for years

"Do it for yer' family," Gobber said as the mob of sick, elderly and children came into sight.

Hiccup nodded his head and straightened his back, bottling up any emotions that previously showed. Everyone split up and headed to the respective loved-ones. As soon as the Haddock's saw Hiccup, they all ran over.

Astrid sprinted over and jumped onto her husband, wrapping her arms around his neck and buried her face into his shoulder. He gripped her tightly, letting her know he was still here, alive, and somewhat healthy. They slowly let go of the embrace, and Zephyr and Nuffink took their turns at hugging dad.