You're My Father

A/n: Old... Kinda. I first wrote on November 25... Welp, that's what it says anyway. Unfinished, just something to keep the viewers happy. Keep 'em intrigued... I'm working on more than one thing at once, okay?? Jeez.

You guys are seriously so important and I don't you guys to lose interest. So, here it is! Modern AU, Ashley's single and with a daughter and she meets Hiccup. You can guys what happens.

:)

##

A twenty-seven-year-old Ashley Hofferson walked through the door to her small home in the countryside of Western Australia, and her twelve-year-old daughter trailing behind her, Kacey.

"Mum, you know you won't be able to support us by yourself. I can try and find work, or maybe you can... give love another chance," Kacey gently told her Mother as Ashley put on the kettle. Kacey was quite mature for her age, knowing the faults of the world and how cruel it was, but she had the miraculous talent of looking about it with positivity and hope.

You may be wondering how Ashley ended up with a daughter at twenty-seven. Well, truth be told, Ashley was raped when she was fifteen in a small alley in a village on the other side of the country. Ashley had been in an unhealthy relationship, resulting in Kacey's birth. At least Ashley's parents were supportive. 

Ashley had tried falling in love again, but no matter what she couldn't find someone who was respectful, able to keep them stable, or even willing to be nice to Kacey. No man had held her while she cried, no man had bought them the tiniest snack, no man had respected her wishes. She had to kick them out before she ended up with another child.

"I know, sweet. I just... yeah." Ashley sighed, looking at her daughter with sad eyes. Oh, how Kacey was so beautiful. She had deep, honey coloured eyes that glowed no matter her mood, so similar to her Father's. She had Ashley's blonde hair, however, and petite shape.

"Mum, I know you don't want history to repeat itself, but... We need money. Pensions aren't enough," Kacey begged, placing a hand on her Mother's shoulder.

"For you, darling. I'll try," Ashley whispered into Kacey's hair as she brought her into a hug. Ashley vowed to keep her daughter safe, healthy and secure, and she knew the only way to do that was a man. So, she would try for the last time.

***

A few weeks later, Ashley returned from her work, with a handsome young man behind her, holding her hand. They had been on a few dates, and Ashley decided it was time he met her daughter. Ashley had dropped a few hints, but she wasn't sure if he picked them up.

She opened the door, and Kacey was sitting on the couch, watching the small tv.

"I- Oh. Y-You have a daughter," The young man said, jaw dropping the slightest.

"Yeah. I do." Ashley muttered as Kacey wandered over to this guy, accessing him along the way. She had gotten advice from her chaplain at school of what was normal, what was not. As far as Kacey could tell, this guy was not smoking nor on drugs.

Kacey stood infront of the tall man, Looking up to meet his emerald eyes. They were deep, and you could easily get lost in all the different layers of beautiful green, and even flecks of gold.

The guy crouched down, his auburn mop of hair rustling a bit as he did so.

"Hello. I'm Hamish Haddock," Hamish greeted, smiling his lopsided grin and sticking out his hand for Kacey to shake. The pre-teen nodded and shook his hand.

"Kacey," She mumbled as they let go, Hamish standing up again and taking hold of Ashley's hand.

Both girls smiled and shared a look. That was a better greeting then any other they've had.