6. Over It.

3:58pm

'I have an attitude of gratitude for all the people who have encouraged me.' Maya Angelou

The trio of teenagers sat comfortably at the booth in the corner of the restaurant as they conversed and cracked jokes once in a while among each other. Before school let out, Kendall proposed to his friends to coming to the eatery to catch a quick bite, Elijah happily accepted since he had nothing better to do while Katrina mainly obliged to the request because she was starving and wanted to kill some time before heading to the Rec Center to work on her recent dance routine. Karmen was not in attendance due to her being at volleyball practice.

A place named Rex's Spot is their present location. The staple Brooklyn diner type has been around for close to ten years, the owner is Donovan Simmons, better know as Rex, and Katrina's uncle, who is the husband of her blood aunt Cassandra, better know as Cassie to most. This spot is well know for it's Italian Beef's and killer fries, also the welcoming atmosphere that Donovan displays himself every time a customer enters.

A grinning Kendall was incredibly gleeful this afternoon. Report cards were given out today and he achieved his goal in receiving all A's in his eight classes, of course he had his problems with Mrs. Jenson, his most hated teacher, but he pulled through. Now the Halloween party has an official green light.

Elijah sipped on his Sprite before saying, "Can you just give me a hint on who your dressing up as, dude?" he directed his question towards Kendall. The light brown haired boy was curious on what celebrity his friend was dressing up as.

"If your going to keep nagging me, I guess I'll give you a slight hint," the young boy sighed, "Hmm, okay, the person was in a group before going solo." 

"Michael Jackson?" Katrina blurted out.

"No. That would be too easy." answered Kendall.

"Jody Watley?" Elijah questioned.

"What I look like-"

"Diana Ross?" 

"Fuck no-"

"Gladys Knight?"

"I'm not dressing up as a female! Do I look like a drag queen?" Kendall couldn't believe his friends would throw out those possibilities.

Elijah and Katrina both let out fits of giggles as Kendall finished up his second helping of fries, "Y'all just gonna have to wait till the thirty-first since y'all wanna act like clowns." Kendall scooted the empty tray beside him, he watched the two die down their laughter.

"Whatever. Anyways, who are going to be Katrina?" Elijah looked up at a red faced Katrina, her red hue was due to her giggling.

Her shoulders lifted, "Not sure. I didn't think there was going to be a party, honestly. No offense Ken." Kendall shot the bird at her. Katrina ignored his gesture, "You?"

"Same. I might get Journey and me to be a famous couple or sum." the light eyed boy replied. Katrina internally groaned at the named mentioned, not because she didn't like her but, as of lately, Journey has been talking slick at the mouth about Katrina, mostly subliminal words and actions that was noticed by Katrina and Karmen. Katrina was unbothered by Journey's feelings towards her, but Karmen for the longest has never been fond of Journey, she has been waiting for the moment to snap on her with the quickness, Katrina would quickly shut that down whenever her friend brought it up. Her motto would always pop in her head; Drama Free Vibes.

"Hey, we should toast Kendall on his accomplishment," Katrina suggested, "let's make him feel better Elijah." the two friends lifted up their relatively empty cups and waited for Kendall to do the same.