SYNOPSIS & A/N.

"Why does it matter what people think about you, Katrina? Other people's opinions shouldn't run your life."

"I don't let it run my life, you don't understand, Elijah, and I don't expect you to. I've been talked down on for who I am forever and I'm expected to apologize for it. It's like, I have to be someone who I'm not in order for me to be liked and accepted."

"See, that right there is why were having this conversation now. Not everyone is going to like you, when will you realize that?"

"I'm too smart and sensitive to live in a world like ours."

"You couldn't ignore me even if you tried."

"You can be mad at someone and still miss them."

"Don't call me baby, I'm not your baby."

"Only douche bags wear their hats backwards."

"You think I'm gonna let that azupep talk to me like I'm scum and get away with it?"

"I just want the best for my children, is that too much to ask?"

"I was trying to be the best mother I could be, I guess that's were I went wrong."

"I'm gonna stay young and beautiful till the day I die."

"Can I ever catch a break?"

"To be honest, I don't know what I wanna do with my life, man."

"Your not black enough to be down for the cause."

"You weren't there for your child so I had to step up and be her mother figure."

"Fuck Frank Sinatra!"

"Ya need to cool that shit out! And that's the double truth.
Ruth!"

A/N: Okay so the main neighborhoods in this book is Bedstuy and Bensonhusrt, and I have it set up like there right next each other. Now, I don't know if it's like that irl so don't come for me New York people, lol. Anyways, I'm really excited for this book, I've been thinking about this idea for a story for a while now so I hope it don't flop, lol. I hope you enjoy this read and please leave your thoughts in the comments, and vote. PEACE!