32. Première Fois.

Katrina.

10:35am

"Yes daddy, everything's fine

"Yes daddy, everything's fine. You shouldn't worry so much, you have enough gray hairs as is." I speak into the phone, slipping my black biker shorts on.

"I know bambina, I just love you so much. You're right, I shouldn't worry. I trust you."

I stare out the window, listening to his words. I do feel bad about lying to my dad. I didn't feel as terrible as I did when I would sneak Michael in my room. I don't know why this time is different.

"What're you and Karmen up to?"

"Oh, nothing much. Just listening to some tunes and gossiping, the usual." the smell of bacon and eggs engulf my nose as I softly sigh.

Elijah's cooking breakfast, I hope all the hype he's put on himself is true.

"I hope not on my stereo system."

"Of course not."

Just then, All I Do by Stevie Wonder starts to blast so loud I can hear it clearly with the door closed.

"Oop, gotta go daddy. Love you, bye." I slam the phone on the receiver.

I sigh and continue to get ready for the day. I put on a tank top without a bra and a Bad hoodie, I go to my vanity to put in my nose ring and the necklace I was gifted. I brush up my slightly wet hair, putting it in a pony. It didn't look right so I just brush it and kept it down.

Spraying my lavender mist, I leave the room going downstairs.

I hope and pray each day I live
A little more love I'll have to give
A little more love that's devoted and true
'Cause all I do is think about you

"All I do, is think about you!" Elijah shouts loudly as he flips over a pancake, I lean against the wall enjoying the entertainment. His singing is terrible.

Deciding my ears didn't need more assault, I turn the volume down on the stereo.

He stops in the middle of a lyric, turning his head at me, "I was just getting into it."

"I know," I sit on the stool in front of the island, "that's why I stopped."

"Don't hate cause you're singing sounds like a suffocating cat." he teases, putting the finished pancake on a plate.

"That's fine, singing isn't my specialty, dancing is. You're the one who wants to be the next Stevie and can't hold a note, boy please." I snicker as he glared. I look in the fruit bowl grabbing a strawberry and cherry.

I get up to sit on the countertop, I eat the strawberry then the cherry, saving the stem.

"I bet you I can tie a knot in this stem with my tongue." I slyly smirk, Elijah turns around, cutting the fire down on the grits.