4. Dilemma.

Elijah

4:24pm

'A lot of times we censor ourselves before the censor even gets there.' Spike Lee

"I don't think you want this work, PK

"I don't think you want this work, PK."

"What makes you say that?"

I smirked, "I'm pretty sure you recall the last time we hooped. Don't play dumb."

Kendall rolled his eyes, "You didn't cross me up, how many times do I have to tell you I tripped over my feet?"

After school, me and Kendall decided that we were gonna hit up the courts today to get in a few games, Huey said he was going to show up, but he hasn't made an appearance yet.

The bright rays of the sun slowly started to fade away as the day calmly began to turn into the evening, "Why can't you just admit it, man?" I replied, I crouched down to lace my shoe strings back up tightly.

"Why would I say something that isn't true?"

I stood back up, "Lying like that is going to get you nowhere. Isn't lying considered a sin in the bible?"

He stood there in silence, "Exactly." I said, I snatched the ball from under his arm, I bounced the ball against the pavement to drive to the hoop and made a layup, I dribbled the ball in between my legs as I walked back to the free throw line.

Kendall stood on the baseline with his hand on his hip, "I made a deal with my mom and pops, if I get straight A's on my fall report card, I get to throw a Halloween party at the crib." he told me, I shot the ball through the net, "I thought Halloween was considered the devil's holiday to church folk?" he passed the ball back to me, "It is. I guess since I'm bout to turn eighteen, they decided I can make those types of decisions on my own."

I pulled a jump shot from the perimeter and missed, "That's understandable. Do they plan on being home if this party is confirmed?"

"I hope not, but you never know. I already know what my costume is gonna be, I got the decorations I want in mind, the games, and I'm gonna ask Huey to Dj. The set is gonna be bumpin', yo." PK spoke happily while spinning the ball with his index finger, "That's if you get those A's, don't get too excited."

"Just for that comment, you're not getting an invite."

I chuckled at his statement, "I don't want you to get your hopes up, that's all. You wouldn't dare not invite me to the party, there ain't a party if Elijah Whitmore isn't invited, ya dig?"

"Ladies and gentlemen, you betta scurry off the courts now cause Huey "Ice Man" King has arrived and I advise you to not step to me unless you want your ass handed too!" the voice of Huey shouted as he sat his duffel bag on the silver bench, "Did you have to make an entrance like that?" Kendall questioned.