29. Ignorance Is Bliss.

Katrina

12:35pm

"If it wasn't for Rick James and black folks, Teena Marie would have no career. Her voice is too soulful for white people." Huey says before taking a bite out of his pizza.

"True that, you can't deny that she can blow. Ain't nobody got nothing on my girl Phyliss Hyman though, she's dope as hell." Elijah replies. I recently peeped his admiration for her, he has a whole picture of her in his wallet right next to mine.

Karmen has a volleyball tournament today so she didn't come to school, meaning I had to sit with Kendall and Elijah at lunch, including Huey sadly. I never understood his beef with me, I never say a word to him. I be having folks bothered I guess.

Speaking of folks being bothered, Journey has gotten back into her routine of giving me dirty looks. I'm assuming she knows about me and Elijah and can't help but hate on me. She's so bothered that she's not in our English class anymore, now that's being bothered to the max.

Oh, by the way, when Elijah came over to my house a few days ago he ended up sleeping over. I didn't intend for that to happen, we were so caught up in rapping we ended up falling asleep. He left around five in the morning before the sun came up so my nosy ass neighbors wouldn't see a guy leaving my house.

I drank out of my cranberry juice bottle as my eyes traveled the cafeteria, they eventually landed on a mean mugging Journey staring my way. I returned the look.

Elijah tapped my thigh, "Hey, don't entertain her. She's hating from outside the club." he grabbed my chin, pecking the side of my lips.

I nod, I look her way to see an even more pissed expression on her. I smirk before childishly sticking my tongue out.

I give my attention to Elijah, "Guess what? My dad and brother is going out of town for the Super Bowl, they'll be gone for three days." I sang while giggling.

His eyebrow raised as a smirk played on his lips, "What're you proposing in that big head of yours?" he tapped my forehead, I swat his hand away.

"What do you think about having a sleepover? We'll have snacks, watch movies, talk shit, it'll be tons of fun."

He had a skeptical look, "Oh come on Elijah, I'm sure everything will go smooth. My dad trusts me enough to not have some guy over so he won't be suspicious of me. We didn't get caught a few nights ago now did we?"

He shook his head 'no', "Exactlyyy. You said yourself you "wanna be closer"," I chuckle, "so here's your chance, don't let this wonderful opportunity slip through your fingertips."

"You're funny little girl. So it would be a 1 day 2 night type of thing?" he puts a stick of gum in his mouth, he hands me one knowing I was gonna ask.

I unwrap it placing it in my mouth, "That long? You can't get enough of me, huh?" I bump his shoulder.

"But yeah that sounds solid, it'll be two weeks from now. Sure you can hold out that long?"

He pulls my chair to him, placing his hands on my upper thigh, "I should be asking you the same. The way you were moaning and groaning had a brother ready to put that thang on you, but like I said, you ain't ready for all this." he whispers to me, he sneaked in a kiss on my ear

I lightly shoved him, "Bastard." we laugh.

"Enough with the PDA, it's making my stomach upset." Kendall glares, chomping on his roast beef.

"I doubt it's us making your stomach upset, maybe it's that 3 day old roast beef you're chowing down on PK." Elijah shakes his head.

"H-How you know it's 3 days old?"