Week 39 - Part 1

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

"Mom?"

Hyun-Ji once again sat on the bed in the room she and Jungkook shared and bit her lip as her mother's happy voice came through the phone.

"Hi, baby! Are you in labor yet?"

"No, mom. I'm still pregnant." she giggled, then cleared her throat. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"Sure, baby."

It's ok, Hyun-Ji. This is for the best. She'll understand. She won't be mad at you.

Everything will be ok.

She took a deep breath to steady her nerves. "Mom... I was... I want to move back with Jungkook...

"Permanently."

Silence hung in the air for several moments until,

"I think that's a great idea."

Hyun-Ji blinked away the tears that had already started to gather. She took her mother's prolonged silence as her disapproval.

"I'm sorry, mom, it's just- Wait, w-what?"

She could hear her mother smiling through the phone. "Baby, I knew when you moved back here that you two weren't going to be apart for long."

"What? I mean, how? We hated each other!"

"No, you didn't. You were both hurting and needed time. You looked more miserable being without him than you did when he hurt you. I could have been wrong, but I'm glad I wasn't. I'm glad love brought you back together.

"He does love you, Hyun-Ji. As much as he loves breathing."

"You're really ok with this?"

"Yes, baby. I've always known that one day you would grow up and leave the nest. That's the way life goes. And when you left with him a few days ago you looked the happiest I've ever seen you. You were glowing, and not because of the baby. You have a family now, and you're happy there. It's ok to be happy.

"Plus your cousins will get their own rooms now. They'll love that," she chuckled.

Hyun-Ji sniffled and wiped the moisture from her eyes. "I love you, mom."

"I love you too, baby. Don't worry about packing. I'll take care of it. I'll have the girls help and tell them they have to earn their room. Jungkook can pick up your things for you, or I can bring them. Either way, you rest for your last few days of being pregnant."

"Thank you, mommy."

_______

"Close your eyes."

Hyun-Ji narrowed her eyes at Jungkook but did as instructed. He started to lead her out of their bedroom but she resisted and began to backpedal.

"Whoa, where are we going?" She laughed.

"Not far. Trust me," he smiled.

She took a few tentative steps. "Don't let me fall!"

"I would never let you fall. Stop being dramatic," he laughed.