Week 35 - Part 3

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

This chapter has a soundtrack for the end. 🎵

_______

I still love her.

Jungkook woke up feeling hopeful for the first time in what felt like months. Maybe it had something to do with him finally sleeping in his bed again. It didn't smell like her anymore, but at least it was more comfortable than the couch.

It would be even more comfortable if she were still in it every night.

Partway through the night, he had woken up reaching for her, only to again feel the stab of loneliness at her absence. Exhaustion alone was the only reason he was able to go back to sleep after, that and him clutching her ring in his hand.

He got out of bed and began preparing for the day while trying to figure out what to say to her. He had a lot to say and a lot to apologize for. Anger had been fueling him for so long, seeping into almost every interaction with her, and he had done so many things wrong, but he was done with being angry. It had turned him into a person he didn't recognize. His pride had gotten in the way of his happiness for far too long.

Ironically, it took the woman he's had a crush on since the beginning of the school year to show him that he was still in love with Hyun-Ji. Sujin was great, but he couldn't force himself to feel anything beyond the physical for her.

They just weren't meant to be.

He was going to take Sujin's advice and try to get Hyun-Ji back. All the time and energy he wasted being angry could have been better spent trying to earn her forgiveness.

He was ready to start trying. He just hoped it wasn't too late.

Me:
Hi.

Me:
Can we talk later today? Like, after school?

Princess:
Why can't we just talk now? Or over the phone?

Me:
I kind of have a lot to say.

Princess:
Ok.

Princess:
I have an appointment today, though. We can talk before I leave but I can't stay long.

Me:
Ok.

That went... Ok?

She didn't say no, so he guessed that could be considered a step in the right direction. He ignored the part of him that was afraid of rejection and suppressed the nagging feeling that she responded so coldly because she didn't want anything else to do with him outside of co-parenting.

He grabbed his keys and left, hoping he was wrong and repeating to himself that things would be ok.

His mantra changed once he arrived at school, however.