Week 34 - Part 2

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

Hyun-Ji waved Taehyung goodbye as he drove off, and she unlocked the door of her new home, kicking her shoes off in an instant.  She walked in the direction of the kitchen where she could hear her mother singing.

"Hi, mommy."

Areum jumped at her daughter's voice and placed her hand on her chest. "Hyun-Ji, we need to get some bells for you," she chuckled, her face falling when she saw her daughter's somber expression.

She dried her hands and went over to her daughter, embracing her tightly. "What's the matter, baby? I know that's a terrible question, but did something else happen?"

Hyun-Ji stared at the floor. "Um... no. Nothing happened." She didn't want to further damage her mother's perception of him. She still hadn't told her exactly what happened, nor his parents. All they knew what that Jungkook did something.

Why did she even care? He was clearly doing just fine without her.

Did he ever love her?
Did he even miss her?

Areum pulled away, leaving her hands on Hyun-Ji's shoulders and looking deep into her daughter's eyes.

"You can always talk to me. About anything. You know that, right?"

Hyun-Ji nodded.

"How did your appointment go? Taehyung could have stayed for dinner."

Hyun-Ji shook her head. "He's already sacrificing a lot of his time taking me to the doctor. My appointment went fine. She's not head down yet but Dr. Kim says that's ok."

"Good." Areum hesitated before asking her next question. "Um... Have you talked to him?"

Hyun-Ji's face hardened as she looked away. "Talked to who, mom?"

"Don't be like that, Hyun-Ji," she said gently.

She looked back at her mother with puppy-like eyes, apologetic for snapping. "No, I haven't, and I don't plan to."

"Ok," Areum conceded, putting her hands up. "Just... think about it."

"I want to lay down."

Areum sighed. "Ok, baby. I'll call you when it's time to eat."

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled, walking towards the stairs.

Her mother looked at her retreating back, watching her until she disappeared up the stairs. She sighed hard again and returned to preparing dinner.

This would make day three of Hyun-Ji not eating dinner.

"That stubborn girl..."

_______

After her shower, Hyun-Ji went back to her bedroom to find a care delivery from her mother: a bag of grapes, a steaming cup of tea, and two letters addressed to her. A sticky note was attached to the bag of grapes, and Hyun-Ji looked at her mother's neat, flowing handwriting.

'Just in case you get hungry.'

She smiled sadly and took one of the grapes, chewing it slowly, frowning after it didn't taste as sweet as she expected.