Week 37 - Part 1

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

"She stuck her tongue out!"

Hyun-Ji smiled at Taehyung's excited fascination. They sat in the radiology room watching the screen as Hyun-Ji had her final ultrasound, with Taehyung taking the seat usually filled by Jungkook. 

"She sure did!" Nurse Bih-Ann confirmed what he saw just as jovially. "She's making a lot of facial expressions now."

Although she had told Jungkook that he didn't need to take off work for this appointment since it was just a routine scan, his absence was felt much harder than she expected. It was nice having Taehyung there, at least she wasn't alone, but he didn't fill the void that Jungkook left.

She needed to get over him.

Lately, he had been making that very hard to do. It seemed that he had done a complete turnaround, controlling himself a lot more and actually being... sweet.

It was as if she had her normal Jungkook back.

It was as if a hidden evil twin had really been in his place this whole time, while the real Jungkook was locked away, desperately trying to escape and right all of the wrongs that had been done by his doppelgänger.

Even if he called her and told her that story right this moment, it would be the most believable thing he'd ever said. Because acting as coldly as he had lately just wasn't the Jungkook she knew.

"Baby's placenta has moved further away from the cervix, just like Dr. Kim was hoping it would," The nurse said while taking more images.

Hyun-Ji breathed a sigh of relief. She hadn't had any problems with bleeding since her fall, but it was still comforting to hear the problem had resolved.

Bih-Ann finished up and led them to the next room, where Hyun-Ji needed to have an internal examination. She laughed as Taehyung grabbed a nearby chair to take a seat directly outside the door like a bodyguard, not caring if he were partially blocking the hallway.

He didn't like that Hyun-Ji's physician was a male, and would listen closely for the slightest sign of protest from her.

"Good morning, Mr. Kim," Dr. Kim greeted Taehyung on his way to see Hyun-Ji.

"Dr. Kim," Taehyung nodded stoically.

The doctor chuckled at Taehyung's short response. "What do I have to do to make you comfortable with me?"