Week 21

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

"Mom? I got a job."

Jungkook's mother turned around in astonishment. "What?? Who are you and where is Kookie?" She teased.

"Mom!" Jungkook smiled, taking a seat at the island in the kitchen. The air was fragrant from her cooking, and his mouth started to water.

"What made you decide this all of a sudden?" She said while chopping vegetables.

"I, um... just need to start being more responsible," he said. Thankfully her back was turned, else she would have seen his Adam's apple bobbing as he swallowed the real reason.

His daughter would be born in less than 5 months, and she needed things. A lot of things. They had literally nothing prepared for her at the moment.

He was going to tell them about her as soon as his father was back in the country. Mr. Jeon was an IT consultant and currently in China helping a company launch a new data infrastructure, and wouldn't be back for two more weeks. A smooth launch was vital, and he was needed there to make sure that happened.

It just didn't feel right telling his father something like this over the phone.

"Jungkookie taking initiative? I'm impressed," she said while nodding. "Where are you working?"

"At the dojang. Sabom-nim needs Taekwondo instructors."

She paused what she was doing to turn her attention back to him, giving him a sweet smile. "I'm proud of you, honey. I think teaching will be a great experience for you."

Uhhhh... don't be proud just yet, mom.

He just smiled sheepishly, not feeling like he deserved her praise in the slightest.

"So when do you start?" She asked.

"Actually, today. He called me this morning to tell me I got the job. They want me there on Tuesdays and Thursdays. I'm heading out in a few."

"Oh! I can take you! It's your first day, you shouldn't have to take the bus!"

"Mom, no, please. I've been going there for years. Don't make it weird," he laughed.

"But today is different! It's the first day you'll start working there! Such an ungrateful child! You know who would let me take him to work on his first day? Taehyungie. Because Taehyungie is a nice, obedient boy that isn't ashamed of me!"

Jungkook chuckled and rolled his eyes. His mother was so dramatic sometimes. She always went on these elaborate rants but she never meant a word of it. Her light-hearted tirade was cut short when Jungkook's phone began ringing on the counter.

 Her light-hearted tirade was cut short when Jungkook's phone began ringing on the counter