Week 36 - Part 1

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

"I'm sorry. I have to leave, Jungkook. Taehyung is waiting for me."

"Is it because of him?"

For once, no anger was evident. His voice was unsteady. It was pleading.

It was broken.

"What?" Her word was barely above a whisper.

"Is he the reason why you won't come back?"

Tears rolled down his cheeks. He didn't even try to wipe them away. They freely fell. Two clear trails raced their way to the base of his chin where they met and fell to the ground.

"Taehyung? You think me and Taehyung..?"

His tearful silence was her answer.

Kwan's words that seemed to lie dormant had actually burrowed deep into his subconsciousness, planting the seeds of doubt, using his heartbreak as nourishment and now flourishing in abundance as fear.

Raw fear that his best friend had captured the heart of the woman that had captured his.

Hyun-Ji couldn't believe what he was asking. This was his own best friend he was accusing of betrayal. She considered Taehyung her older brother, how could he even begin to think that they were seeing each other?

Had he really lost it?

She didn't respond to his question any further and turned to leave. Almost immediately she felt his arms encircle her in an embrace.

"I'm sorry, Hyun-Ji. Please. I know I fucked up. I know I have anger problems to work on. I know you don't believe what I said happened that night at the party and you think I'm the worst person in the world and I don't deserve you, but please...

"Please don't leave."

She stood paralyzed.

"I'm so sorry, Hyun-Ji."

Every night since she moved away she would hug herself tightly, pretending her arms were his. She often dreamt about him, her mind replaying the happy days they spent together and every moment spent in his embrace.

Nothing in the world, nothing at all, felt better than when she was in his arms.

Which made walking away one of the hardest things she'd ever done.

That was a few days ago.

_______

Today, Jungkook walked through the front door of his home, his mind already shutting down the closer he came to his bed. He had just finished a shift at the Taekwondo school and wanted to shower and nap before going to the coffee shop for the rest of the evening.

He locked the door behind him and kicked off his shoes, and a familiar pair of trainers caught his eye.

Instead of going to his room, Jungkook walked into the kitchen where he found him sitting at the kitchen island absorbed in his phone and eating a bowl of his mother's cooking.

"What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung turned around, talking around the food in his mouth. "I live here."