Week 37 - Part 2

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

Hey... um... I think I might be in labor. Mom is taking me to the hospital now.

Please get this message...

Jungkook sat up in his bed, his breathing shallow as he listened to Hyun-Ji's shaky voice through the speaker.

Message received at 1:36 am.

He looked down at his phone.

2:14 am.

Shit!

He stumbled while jumping out of bed. This was the last time he would put his phone on vibrate at work. He had forgotten to turn the ringer back on after his shift was over. It was by divine intervention alone that he had woken up, seemingly for no reason, and checked his phone.

In record time he had gotten ready while making the incidental discovery that he could pee and brush his teeth at the same time. He glanced at his parents' closed bedroom door, deciding not to wake them at this hour. He would call them later.

He took the stairs two at a time and rushed out of the house, only to go right back inside and retrieve one of the car seats, kicking himself for not setting it up sooner. He shoved the box into his trunk, vowing to install it before they left the hospital with the baby.

I'm going to be a father today. I mean, I already am but, like, for real this time!

Jungkook froze like a startled deer at the sudden realization. She could be having his baby today. She could be having his baby right now!

He jumped into the driver's seat and fired up the engine, quickly backing out of the driveway.

"Shit! The bag!"

He moved the car to its previous spot, almost running into the garage door in the process. Back inside he tripped up the stairs to his room where his suitcase sat ready and waiting on the floor. With all the noise he was making, if his parents actually were asleep, they weren't anymore.

Finally ready, he backed out onto the empty street, making the tires squeal in protest as he drove off.

_______

How can I help you, sir?" An older woman greeted.

"My girlfr- My friend is in labor. Can you tell me where she is?" He rushed.

The receptionist frowned slightly. "I'm sorry sir, but unless you are a family member I'm afraid visiting hours are ov-"

"I'm the father."

She gave him a suspicious look. "Are you the friend? Or the father?"

"I'm both."

Jungkook struggled to not roll his eyes at the woman of advanced age who now looked at him as if he were two seconds from being lectured on the joys of abstinence.

First, he gets stopped by the police for speeding, and now this.

"Name, please?"