Week 12

I love reading your comments but please keep them respectful. I may not be able to reply but my notifications are on and I still see them, especially when I'm writing.
Please keep in mind that I'm a person with feelings too.

Love you💜

______

A/n

Can I be soft for a second and say I'm really excited about this chapter? Thank you so much for reading and voting, I truly truly appreciate it! Let me know how you're liking the story so far!

This chapter includes music! I thought it may enhance the experience. Let me know if you like it and if I should sprinkle soundtracks in other chapters.

Sorry, I'm rambling...

💜

_______

Today was the day. Jungkook chewed on the inside of his lip as he neared the medical center where Hyun-Ji was to be waiting for him. His thoughts and feelings had been an uncomfortable mixture all morning, rendering him unable to eat very much. The reality of the situation was only just beginning to sink in.

HJ: (Hey. Are you still coming?)

JK: (Yeah. Almost there.)

Heeding Taehyung's advice, he agreed to accompany Hyun-Ji to her first obstetrical appointment. If she was, in fact, being dishonest he would certainly find out today, but the more time passed, the more the probability of her lying about something of this magnitude diminished. With a deep inhale, he swung open the door to the office and looked around the pristine waiting room.

From way beyond the neatly aligned chairs and the small flock of expectant mothers occupying them, an unsure hand waved to him, then shot back down quickly. He bit back a grin as he walked toward her.

"Why are you wearing that?" He asked, a laugh threatening to escape

"I didn't want anyone to recognize me!" She said in a hushed voice.

"You know you're making yourself stand out more, right? You're the only one here dressed like a runaway," he said, commenting on her odd choice of attire. The frown he was trying to maintain was slowly cracking.

Hyun-Ji looked around at the other occupants of the waiting room. Compared to everyone else, she looked like a suspicious person about to drop off a dangerous, unmarked package. The kind of person whose appearance would make small children yell 'stranger danger'. She pursed her lips and rid herself of her hood and face mask.

Jungkook took the seat next to her but stayed silent, opting to watch the silent plasma tv telling him how he can protect his baby from pertussis by getting vaccinated today.