"Jeon. No, Han. Sorry."

This would have been easier if she still lived with me...

She gave him a suspicious look again but acquiesced, giving him a guest pass that would only allow him through the doors of his designated section of the hospital.

"East wing of the hospital. Take the elevator to the third floor. Room M124."

Despite her brusque tone, he bowed his thanks anyway and headed to the East wing with his suitcase in tow.

_______

"M124... M124..."

"Excuse me, sir. Please no running."

Jungkook ignored the nurse and kept jogging through the hospital hallways, looking at the overhead signs and watching for-

"M124!"

He knocked and threw the door open at the same time, causing three sets of eyes to shift to him: Hyun-Ji, her mother, and...

Taehyung?

It didn't matter. Hyun-Ji was his priority.

He immediately discarded the suitcase and went to her bedside, relieved that she was still very much pregnant and he hadn't missed the delivery.

"Hey. I'm so sorry I missed your call. I got here as fast as I could. Tell me what going on. Is it time? What did I miss?" All of this came out in a breathless rush.

She smiled up at him. "You didn't miss anything."

Jungkook felt like his legs would give out. His body sagged in relief and his heart finally started to recover from the stress of the last hour.

"Oh, good. Everyone's here." Dr. Kim entered the room with a smile. "Thank you for being so patient. It must be a full moon out because everyone is in labor. Except you Ms. Han. You're just dehydrated as usual."

Jungkook could have sworn he saw Dr. Kim's eye twitch.

"But I've been drinking until I feel nauseous," she complained. "I don't want to throw it all back up."

"Ok. I believe you. Just drink as much as you can, and eat more foods with a high water content like melons and cucumbers, and try soups with lower sodium so that your legs won't swell more than necessary. Sound like a plan?"

"Yes, Dr. Kim," she chorused like a schoolgirl.

"Good. Let that IV bag of fluids empty and you can go home. If your contractions are five minutes apart for an hour straight, call the birthing center if you still want to deliver there. I'll meet you there as long as I'm not doing rounds here, otherwise the midwives there will take good care of you.

"Get some rest," he said to Jungkook. "Your schedule is as busy as mine these days."

"Yes, sir. Thank you, doctor," Jungkook said.

"This was exciting, but I'm tired," Taehyung said, standing from his chair and yawning. "Are you ok, Hyun-Ji?"

"I'm sorry, Taehyungie. I wasted your time," she pouted.

"Never. I told you I'm here. Thank you for calling me." He gave her a hug and waved goodbye to Areum. "I'll see you, Jungkook." He left the room, leaving Hyun-Ji in their care.

Taehyung heard footsteps behind him not long after. He turned to see Jungkook trotting up to him.

"Hyung. Can I talk to you for a second?" Jungkook asked.

Taehyung nodded. "What's up?"

"First, I want to apologize. I shouldn't have accused you and Hyun-Ji of anything. You're right. You are my best friend, and I never really believed you two were seeing each other. I was just upset and scared and I let something Kwan said get to me. I'm sorry.

"And second... thanks for being here with Hyun-Ji. She feels safe with you, and I'm glad she called you."

Taehyung's stoic face still hadn't changed. "You know I was ready to beat your ass, right?"

"I know," Jungkook winced.

"Cuz you were acting like a spoiled brat and like a typical only child having a temper tantrum."

"I know. I'm sorry, hyung."

Taehyung finally softened to a smile, pulling Jungkook in for a hug. "I forgive you," the elder said. "Thank you for coming to me. There might be some hope for you after all."

"I hope there is," Jungkook chuckled. "I'm trying to make everything right again."

"You will," Taehyung said.

"You think so?"

"I know so," he smiled. "Now go back to the hedgehog. Don't tell her I told you that she was crying for you earlier."

_______

"Mom?" Jungkook touched Areum's shoulder and woke her from her light sleep. "Go home, mom. I'll bring Hyun-Ji home when she's discharged."

She covered her yawn with her hand. "Are you sure? I'm ok to wait, dear."

"It's no trouble. I'll bring her home as soon as they let us go."

Areum smiled up at him and covered his hand with hers. "You're a sweet boy. Thank you."

She stood with his help and went to her daughter's bedside, giving her a long hug and, from what Jungkook could gather, whispering something in her ear, after which Hyun-Ji looked directly at him with an expression he couldn't read. Areum then kissed the top of her daughter's head.

"It's good to see you again, Jungkook," she said, giving him a hug and a kiss on his cheek before leaving the room.

Alone again, the lovers looked at each other, neither quite knowing what to say. He slowly walked to her bedside and sat at the foot of her bed.

"You didn't have to do this," she began softly. "I know you worked late tonight, and it's a long drive back home for you."

The corner of his mouth lifted. "I'm happy to. Plus it's no use in your mom staying up all night when I'm here. She needs her rest too."

"Thank you," she smiled. "What's in the suitcase?"

"I didn't know if you had already made a hospital bag, so I made one just in case. I'll admit, I just searched online what to bring and packed it all in there. There's stuff for both of us."

"You plan a lot better than I do," she mused.

"I just like being prepared for anything. Now."

They were interrupted by the door opening again and one of the nurses entering. She removed Hyun-Ji's IV line and gave her discharge instructions and paperwork before leaving as quickly as she came, giving them the ok to go home.

She eased herself out of bed and promptly removed the hospital gown, and Jungkook made a sound low in his throat while turning around to give her privacy.

They weren't together anymore, after all.

No, it's cool. It's only been A MoNTh since I've made love to you. I'm completely fine with seeing you naked.

"You can turn around now," she said, doing a bad job at hiding her amusement. His ears were crimson.

As soon as he saw her outfit he shook his head. So that's where his hoodie went.

_______