[8] Every Minute Detail: Unaccounted For

A/N: Believe me… it was a little hard for me to make Orochimaru IC. Yes, just as hard as making him a recurring character in this series. Well, he is a major part of Kohana’s past. Mhm, yes he is.

Remember to vote for Crimson Thread in the Naruto Watty Awards! It's under the Sasuke category! However, voting doesn't start 'till November... just reminding you guys if you want to :)

Biting her lip in anticipation, Kohana reached behind her head and tied her red hair up in a long ponytail. Her legs were poised to jump, and her right hand tightly clutched the marked kunai. It had been a long time since she was able to use the Hiraishin no Jutsu—Namikaze Minato’s own specialized jutsu. Of course, over the years, Kohana hadn’t been able to widen the jutsu’s limit of use. It was the only space-time ninjutsu she’d ever used and until now, she still wasn’t accustomed to that category, and it wasn’t like she had anyone to train her for that.

‘Speaking of space-time ninjutsu, what the heck is that…?’

Growling to herself, Kohana shook her head. She’ll just have to make Kakashi explained that “warpy-thingy” when the mission ends.

Closing her eyes, she breathed in deeply. ‘Focus, Kohana… c’mon, you can do it, for Gaara.’

‘While the sword’s still in her, she’s stopping the bleeding and healing herself… what a skillful one.’

Underneath the cloth of the hood, Sasori’s eyes seemed to gleam in an ominous manner as he clutched the handle of the sword tightly, keeping it firmly inside Sakura’s body. He had the utmost confidence that she would die soon. After all…

“It seems the poison is having its effect. The blade is also, of course, a poisoned blade.”

Sakura looked at her most pitiful; she was so close to falling into unconsciousness. Her mind was starting to feel numb and her eyelids started to become gradually heavier and heavier. Dark spots recurred in her vision and her breath came out choppy and dangerously heavy. Her knees were weak and the only thing that seemed to keep her up was the blade embedded in her stomach.

Although her senses were completely weak and almost shut down, Sakura could feel the faint bite on her left thigh. Looking down, she was startled to find that Chiyo had driven the needle of the antidote into her thigh.

“Wh-Why?” Sakura demanded quietly, just as Chiyo fell to the ground with a loud thump.

Placing a gloved hand on the blade, Sakura braced herself as she stepped back a little, grunting with strained effort as she tightened her grip. There was no way she was letting Sasori get away again.

“Not so fast…” Sakura hissed through clenched teeth.

Chiyo rose to her knees, panting, and there was a click from Sasori’s arm (which held the poisoned blade). Detaching himself from the arm, Sasori drew back, and with the same arm, revealed another blade as he launched towards the seemingly defenseless Chiyo at an almost blinding speed.

Glancing at her grandson, Chiyo’s eyes darted to two sides, before her fingers finally twitched.

Before Sasori realized it was coming, two swords were driven straight into his chest—specifically in his heart.

There was a gasp as Sasori’s eyes moved from side to side, finally realizing that his two particular puppets—the very copies of his dearest late parents had been by his side. They themselves held the blades that were now slowly ending him.

“In the end… you were careless, Sasori,” Chiyo stated, also referring to the large seal they were currently standing on.

“Now you cannot move… I am certain…”