[2] Missed Comfort

V    W R I T T E N   I N   A D V A N C E    V

“Hana…chan…”

Grimacing, Kohana lunged forward and jumped on her brother’s bed, where he sat there, blonde hair completely disheveled as the drowsy expression on his face was completely wiped off. Especially when Kohana shoved his own pink boxers in his mouth, which had been agape the entire time his face showed just exactly how stunned he was to finally see his sister again.

Uzumaki Naruto’s eyes widened automatically as he fell back on the bed, finding that his boxers tasted and smelled, for lack of a better word, putrid.

Kohana gritted her teeth, clearly radiating a strong aura of wrath that she did not dare try to suppress. Naruto’s room was worse than disgusting. If it was even possible, the room smelled rotten enough for the stench to even be visible. Of course, as farfetched as that sounded, almost anything was possible when it came down to a fifteen year-old, knuckle-headed Genin.

Straddling her brother, Kohana yanked the pink boxers from Naruto’s mouth, discarding it into the endless pile of ramen cups, moldy leftover bread, sneaky bugs, foul-smelling clothes and whatever totally otherworldly “substances” that may or may not have been causing the unfathomable smell that wafted around the room… and only in the room.

“Ha—“before another syllable could even be formed, Kohana unhesitatingly wrapped her hands around Naruto’s tanned neck.

“Get rid of the crap or I will murder you.”

One yellow eyebrow twitched.

“It’s not funny,” Naruto said for the umpteenth time, removing the piece of cloth he had tied around his forehead as he was cleaning his entire room. The entire time, Kohana sat in the living room, barking up orders as if she’d memorized the locations every single speck of dirt in Naruto’s room, all the while laughing at the incident from earlier.

Even until now, the girl wouldn’t stop laughing. Naruto couldn’t begin to grasp the humour his sister found from her earlier actions.

For Naruto, Kohana referred to herself as his own one-man, or in her case, one-lady welcoming committee.

With a finishing giggle, Kohana looked over her shoulder from where she sat on the wooden dining chair at Naruto, who continued to heatedly mop the floor of his room.

“Oh, shut up Naruto! Your face was worth all the effort. Still, I never expected you to return before I would.”

Naruto stopped mopping and looked at his sister through the open door, a puzzled look on the whiskered nin’s face.

“I’m pretty sure I would’ve gone home earlier. Your damn boyfriend told me that you wouldn’t be back for ten more months.”

Kohana blinked. ‘Damn boyfriend…?’

“Hah? Don’t tell me… you know?” She practically screamed, jumping to her feet as she blinked at Naruto several times, seeming to have been panicked. It was her plan to tell Naruto, but there was a chance that she may have forgotten to mention that little tidbit of information to Yoshiaki.

Pursing her lips, Kohana crossed her arms, suddenly switching from alarmed to contemplative. What would her brother say? Would he get mad at her? Surely it felt strange to Naruto to hear that his own sister already had her own boyfriend, not to mention it was someone he didn’t particularly approve of (he still couldn’t get over Yoshiaki being a complete dick towards Kohana years ago)!