[19] Mirror

A/N: Let me refresh your memories! In chapter 7, it was revealed that Katashi does indeed have a father. And his name is Masahiro. It was also shown that Katashi hates his father’s guts and especially hates it when Masahiro mentions Katashi’s mother whom Katashi doesn’t know is alive or not. But don’t worry, everyone… all will be clear after a few chapters! XD

Masahiro’s thumb moved over long and soft lashes and trailed down smooth and ivory-like skin. The flames of the melting candles cast shadows all around the small, secluded room. The silence was deafening; not even the red-haired man’s breathing could be heard in the unending silence.

His usually menacing golden eyes appeared phlegmatic as his fingers faintly brushed red locks from the face of a slumbering woman. This particular woman, from a distance, could be seen as dead, but upon closer inspection, she looked as though she’d just been trapped in her own illusory realm for an abnormally large amount of time and would wake up at one point in life.  

Hardly anyone could guess that this was actually the case for the woman.

And no one would begin to fathom just who this woman was. Simply because she could appear insignificant to most, but a treasure to many—and majority of those people who loved her were no longer above this earth.

Much like a ghost, Masahiro removed his hand and without so much as a rustle of clothing or a thump of a footstep, he left the room. The only sound that reverberated through the walls was the loud clicking of a lock.

“What the fuck is this?”

Kohana pushed off the ground and landed on the top of the box and crouched to avoid another tentacle that soon pierced the air where her neck should have been.

To her, it was a small fortune that Hidan’s attack was hopelessly slow, thus giving Kohana the chance to capture him in her little ‘torture box’. The first time she used this certain B-rank technique was during the bell test with Kakashi. Of course, the jutsu was totally incomplete. However, with the help of Osamu, she’d been able to increase the size of the box made of earth, strengthened its defense and she was able to freely and easily control the sizes and sharpness of the rocky spikes used to impale her victims. She hardly ever used this jutsu, though.

“What are you bastards doing around this area?” She demanded and grimaced as one of Kakuzu’s sharp tentacles grazed her thigh, but did not mind it as she was busy dodging Kakuzu’s advances.

Just as Hidan was about to answer from inside the box, he yelled another string of obscenities as the sound of a rather thick spike pierced through a certain body part. While this was both irritating and amusing in Kohana’s part, Hidan’s pain was also distracting.

She hissed a curse of her own as a dozen of tentacles threatened to wrap themselves around her torso. Thankfully, she was given some time to execute a Kawarimi no Jutsu.

“Answer me or I’ll blow you up.” She threatened and formed another series of hand seals just as Kakuzu thrust both of his arms forward to release even more tentacles. With great difficulty, she dodged the tentacles and to do the same for the extra ones, she jumped even harder than already intended.

Finally parallel to the ground, Kohana twisted her body and spun in the air, her arms stretched forward as she spun quite like a top.

Katon: Rasen-en no Ryuu! (Fire Release: Helix Flame Dragons Technique)A/N: Once again, my horrible naming sense strikes. Thanks a lot, dad.

She could faintly remember the second time she used this was against Haku. After a few improvements, Kohana changed its name.

The long, thick bodies of the dragons purely made out of white-hot flames emerged from Kohana’s fists and came spiraling down on Hidan and Kakuzu. As the dragons hit the earth, the sound created was vaguely reminiscent to that of one dragon’s. However, seeing such creatures didn’t exactly exist, the sound was simply depicted as one of destruction.