[1] Two Years After

A/N: So thanks to FuturisticData, I'm going to stop making Kohana say 'ttebane' and just replace it with 'ya know' (even if ‘ttebane’ and ‘ttebayo’ don't really have any English translations or real meanings to them). That will be easier for all of us, most especially me. It's not going to bother anyone anymore so YAY! :L Seriously, yay!

“Isn’t he…”

“Yes! Yes! That’s him, that’s him. I heard he was in the Chuunin Exams two and a half years ago!”

“Oh! I remember. He was sitting with some girl in the finals, right?”

“That’s right… I heard they’re pretty close.”

“Hmm… anyway, I thought he was pretty cute before but this is just plain ridiculous!”

“Stupid! Don’t exaggerate stuff! No one can beat Uchiha Sasuke-kun!”

“But he’s a rogue!”

Groaning quietly to himself, Satoru Yoshiaki pressed two fingers against his left eyebrow. He could already feel the migraine coming. Not once did he appreciate so many girls talking behind his back. It was almost like a violation of privacy rights! It was also as if he was some kind of nude model just walking around, exposed to the watchful eyes of so many perverted girls! Though he too was not pleased about being compared to the bastard traitor Uchiha, he could feel some sort of empathy towards the young man.

‘Seriously… how does he even manage without a girlfriend?’ Yoshiaki thought. Troublesome couldn’t even begin to describe the girls in Konohagakure.

Two and a half years ago, he hated Konoha. However, Fuyu Kohana managed to convince him to give the village another chance during their fight in the preliminaries of the exams. It was thanks to her that he had always been willing to jump at the chance to visit. A year ago, it wasn’t long before he was offered to transfer to the village… seeing as everyone knew how attached he had become.

Once Yoshiaki was told about the offer, he consulted his former team mates first. How it was such a bombshell to everyone, he didn’t want to be reminded of. Kei Hisako and Hiro Eiji, despite their renewed bonds, knew that it was wise to let go of their team mate. They seemed to wish him nothing but happiness.

It was because of this that Yoshiaki was still unable to decide.

He was happy with the life he had now of course… in spite of the world’s lack of peace. With a little consultation from Osamu long ago, Yoshiaki was told to grab whatever bits and pieces of happiness he could find since he seemed to be the type who would be willing to carry it all.

With a sigh, Yoshiaki cracked his knuckles. At times like this, he would wonder how much he changed over the past few years. It was during the little times he and Kohana would spend talking about themselves, that the red head would often say that Yoshiaki never changed and never will. While other moments seemed to give Kohana the impression that Yoshiaki matured a whole lot… aside from his looks.

No longer did Yoshiaki feel like talking about the traumas of his life. Sure, he still liked to talk about himself—which Kohana now found “charming and cute” instead of narcissistic—but he only talked of the more joyful times in his life. Sometimes though, he refrained from talking about his life at all to avoid sounding too much like an old man that lived in the past.

“Yoshiaki! There you are!”

Frowning slightly, Yoshiaki slowly turned around at the familiar voice.

It couldn’t be…

Before Yoshiaki could even register the outrageousness of it all, a pair of warm and supple lips crashed against his.