[5] Rage

“W-Wow…” both Kohana and Sakura breathed in amazement.

‘Oodama Rasengan… huh…’ Naruto’s sister thought with a proud grin. “Well, looks like I don’t really need this,” she muttered, sheathing Yoshinori. Truthfully, she felt embarrassed. What she told Itachi earlier made her feel like the coolest person in the entire world… but the battle ended much sooner than she thought.

Blushing slightly in embarrassment, she ignored the strange look Sakura gave her and shook her head. However, looking at the massive indentation in the ground, she felt her heart sink. Kohana could vaguely remember that one Rasengan was enough to kill a large and bulky man… what more if it was an Oodama Rasengan?

Running towards the indentation, Kohana found herself frantically chanting Itachi’s name over and over again in her mind. She pushed past Naruto and Kakashi and looked down at the mangled body on the ground.

While the others were angered, Kohana felt relieved, yet afraid at the same time.

“He’s a jōnin from my village,” said Chiyo.

“There! That will teach you to pick a fight with us. Remember that next time!” Katashi howled, stomping his foot down on the already crushed face of their murdered opponent. Nao crinkled her nose at the foul smell of blood, the sound of squishy, raw muscles and her partner, kicking a severed head around. The pair, oddly enough, didn’t look intimidating in any way; it was the exact opposite of that. Instead of looking like murderers, they looked like bird-brained kids that stumbled upon a crime scene.

With a sigh, Nao kicked the head towards a nearby tree, breaking the thing’s nose with the trunk.  “That last line wasn’t necessary because there won’t be a next time, Katashi; isn’t that already too obvious?”

“Don’t ruin my fun…” the young man muttered, stepping over the dead body he was in charge of toying with. Wiping his hands with the cloth he had ripped from the corpse’s shirt, he tapped his foot as if waiting for something. This, however, indicated his irritation towards nothing in particular.

“Let me guess, is it because we haven’t seen her in a long time?” Nao muttered, running her hands through her slightly greasy pink hair.

Katashi nodded before looking at Nao, more specifically, the permanent dark shadows under her dull eyes. “You look like a dead fish.”

Nao crinkled her nose, and crossed her arms. “That’s what sickness does to you. Stop acting so stupid today, it’s getting on my nerves.”

With a bark of laughter, Katashi threw a rusted shuriken at Nao, who’d arched her back just in time to let the sharp and poisonous thing fly past and implant itself into the bark of the tree behind her.

“Find out where she is,” Katashi commanded.

“Oh, I already know.”

Katashi gasped over-dramatically, tears suddenly leaking out of his eyes (thought they were obviously fake). It was because of this that Nao suddenly realized how increasingly troublesome the young man was getting every single day. “What? It wouldn’t kill you to tell me! Do you want me to kill you right now? I can, you know? There’s something wrong with you! Do you have a death wish! I’ll grant it right now if you don’t tell me where she is! I’ll bury you right here… or maybe I’ll make people rape you right now! Just tell me already you fucking bitch!”

“Just shut up,” Nao muttered, pushing Katashi’s head away from her, far away. There were times wherein the young lady questioned whether or not Katashi was twenty. “She’s on her way to save the Kazekage along with that so-called ‘phony brother’ of hers… whatever that means.”