[3] Another Reliable Reinforcement

V    W R I T T E N   I N   A D V A N C E   V

Kohana pressed her arm over her firmly shut eyes, pouting slightly as a groan erupted from the back of her throat, between half-parted lips.

“Shut up.”

It didn’t help either that she was such a light sleeper.

Yoshiaki sighed, and placed his hand on the girl’s stomach. From where he sat next to her laid-back body on the bed, he was tempted to just slide in next to her and keep her from going to the Hokage’s office. However, he had a responsibility… that was the least he could do for having the pleasure to be able to stay with her for the entire night. Luckily, no such nightmares were involved.

“Hurry up already. Who knows what that woman will do if you’re late? Not to mention this is your first mission with your old team in such a long time.” The words that came out of his mouth were a little close to unintentional but again, he had to be responsible. Otherwise, he could receive a beating from Osamu. How surprising that sounded to him… even until now.

Grinning victoriously as Kohana sat up and muttered an averse statement of: “I’ll take a shower,” Yoshiaki swiftly took her place in the bed, leisurely lying down on her spot, arms behind his head in an annoyingly laid-back manner.

The dark-haired Kusagakure Jōnin sighed with ease. He would never tell it to Kohana’s face, but the girl’s couch was dreadfully stiff. It did nothing to alleviate the pain in his muscles from the arduous, yet time-lacking training he had yesterday. Peacefully closing his eyes, Yoshiaki let a content smile grace his face.

It was not long before Kohana hopped onto the bed, surprising Yoshiaki as she laid her head on his chest, head facing the white ceiling.

Though Yoshiaki didn’t have complaints at all (seeing as how they didn’t have enough time spent together), Kohana really had to leave.

“Hey…”

“I know,” Kohana groaned, glaring up at Yoshiaki, “just a few more minutes.”

Chuckling, Yoshiaki closed his eyes and ran his right hand through Kohana’s still-wet hair, combing through the slightly tangled locks. “Fine… but at least dry your hair first.”

Pouting her lips, Kohana sat up and grabbed a towel which sat on the table nearby.

“Can you do it?”

Yoshiaki snatched the soft blue towel with a small glare. “Sometimes… I think you forget that I’m a guy.” He wasn’t surprised at all when Kohana shrugged with a content smile.

“You love me anyway, right?” Kohana asked with a grin as she hummed to herself, all the while letting Yoshiaki work on drying up her hair.

Yoshiaki stopped short with a blink, before smiling.

“Yeah.”

“I’m sorry I’m late! I got distracted and—“

“It’s alright, Kohana.”

However, Kohana noticed something strange. Other than the Godaime Hokage and herself, no one else was around. No Naruto, Sakura or Kakashi.

“Huh?” Was what she could manage.

Tsunade almost sighed as she wound her fingers together, bringing them to her lips. “Let me tell you about your mission.”

Kohana considered asking Tsunade about the absence of her former team, but decided against it. She was about to be briefed after all, she needed to focus.