Popstar

"I feel so sick." Shawn mumbles softly with a clear grasp in his voice as he lays his head on my shoulder. We are back in Germany for 8th out of the 27 shows we are doing here in Europe. The past 11 days have been... intense. There is literally no other word in the English language I can use to describe what I am feeling. 6 different countries in less than 2 weeks. That shit is heavy. Almost every night there is a show, little sleep, always on the road and on top of that, Shawn doesn't feel well. Shawn blames the air conditioning but I just know that the long days and no sleep is going to take its toll. "My throat really hurts."

"I know babe."- I feel his neck for his temperature, which is slightly higher then normal. "You should get some rest." We are almost at the hotel anyway. He really needs to get some sleep, otherwise he is not going to be able to preform tonight. That's how serious it is.

"There is no time for sleep..."- he sigh softly as he snuggles further into my embrace. "I wish there was though."

"Why not?."- I check my phone for the time. 1.04 pm. His meet and greet start at 6.30, so there is enough time to take a nap. "We are almost at the hotel."

"I know but I am sure that there are fans waiting outside..."- is he serious? "I cannot let them down."

I tilt my head back to look at him. "Please tell me that you are kidding me."

"You are not going to stand in the cold if you already not feeling well, Shawn." Andrew indent in the conversation.

"People have been waiting hours and hours in the cold for me. I am sure that it wouldn't be long..."-

"Who are you kidding Shawn?." Jake says from the passenger seat, without looking to him. Meaning that there is no way that there will be a few fans. Wherever we go, there are at least 50 screaming people waiting to take a picture with Shawn. I never knew how long taking selfie's could take until I came in contact with Shawn his friends. Man... I tell ya, those people are dedicated to get a picture.

"Bro, if you are not careful and get really sick, then we have to cancel some shows." It starts to feel like an intervention with now Brian interferes in the conversation. "That would be really fucked up."

Shawn looks from Brian, to Andrew, to me and sighs loudly. "I guess you guys are right." You would say? "But what am I going to tell them?."

"Well, exactly what you just told us. You are not feeling well and need some rest otherwise you cannot play the show tonight." Andrew says it like it's the easiest thing in the world. Well, it is but not for Shawn. He hates letting his fans down. All though he is not obligated to take pictures with people who are standing in front of his hotel or wherever he is, he still wants to please every single person. That's typical Shawn for you.

"Fine."- he groans as pushes his face into my neck again. "I hate this." He whispers softly so that only I can hear it.

"It will be alright."

"Here."- I grab Shawn's grey scarf that felt on the ground of the van and hand it to him. "Put it on."

"Are you going to baby me?." He rolls his eyes playfully as he wraps the scarf around is neck.

"You are sick." I simply state as I shrug my shoulders.

"I am not dying."

"No. Not on my watch." Thank God that I am always carrying medicine and throat lozenges with me. I have 5 hours to get him up and running again.

He shakes his head and opens the door of the van. Instantly the screams of what looks like hundreds of people are heard.

"Mad house." I hear Brian says as he follows Shawn out of the van.