Revelation

S: "It is weird to be without you." Shawn makes a pouty face as we are talking on FaceTime. I am sitting next to Ali and Liz at the gate as we wait for the moment we can board the plane back to Amsterdam.
Shawn flew last night to Toronto to visit his family for Christmas and now it's my turn.

R: "it is, isn't it?." He grew on me to be honest. I am used to having him around me almost everyday. We have spend days apart but that was a couple of months ago and we weren't as close as we are now.

"Shit" Shawn mutters as he stirring in some pan. Shawn in the kitchen automatically means drama. Not that I am an extreme good cook but he seriously succeed in to let water burn. That's an accomplishment.

R: "let me see."- I nod to the stove. He grabs the phone and shows me what he is 'cooking'. I have absolutely no idea what dish it supposed to be. I am happy that I don't have to eat it. "Turn the heat down tot 5."

S: "Oo thanks."- he pushes with his long fingers the heat down. God... I love his big hands... Jesus, Rose... you are in the middle of an airport. Focus, for fuck sack. "It's doesn't really look the same as when my mom makes it."

R: "I am sure that it will be fine. You will live." Probably not but he has to find that out for himself.

S: "mmhm.."- he looks at me from the corner of his eye with a smirk on his face. He knows that I am lying. "Speaking about living, what do you want for your birthday?."

O God. My birthday. My birthday is on the most inconvenient day there is in the year. I was born on the 27th of December. That is exactly after Christmas, when is everyone too broke to spend any money on my birthday. My parents always give me my present for my birthday at Christmas eve. So, I never really celebrate my birthday to be honest. Well, I do but only because of Anna. She insists that we do something nice, but that is really only because she wants it that way. I could care less.

R: "O no, I don't want anything. I probably going to spend in bed anyways."

S: "what?!."- he grabs the phone again and shove it close to his face "you cannot do that. You are turning 21. That is a special age."

R: "Just another year closer to me wearing granny panties." I joke.

S: "I am sure that you will make them look hot." He supports his arm on the counter top and rest his head on his hand. "You look beautiful even if you are wearing a sack."

R: "Watch what you are saying otherwise I will only start wearing sacks around you from now on." I tease. In the corner of my eye, I see Liz and Ali exchanging a look.

S: "I would rather see you in nothing but a sack is also fine."

R: "Shawn..."- he cannot say shit like that to me. Especially not since I am surrounded by at least 50 other people.

S: "just being honest sweetheart." I roll my eyes as the voice through the speaker tells us that they are going to start boarding.

"Rose, quite the sexting and get up. We need to go." Ali says loudly. Even though, I have my AirPods in my ear and they cannot hear Shawn, Shawn can definitely hear them.

Shawn's laughter fills up my eardrums. Great.

"Ali, ask if you can borrow that woman her speaker. I don't think everyone here has heard you." I stand up and grab my bag from the seat next to me.

R: "I have to go." I look back at my phone and pout at him.

S: "yeah, I heard."- he says with the cutest smile on his face. "Text me when you have land, please." He says softly.