The Group Battle

"Hehe, it would seem that the Dongfang Family knew that they would undoubtedly lose, so they wanted to lose even faster. Has this little boy reached the rank of a Martial General yet? Such a weak presence, anyone could easily kill him off."

The people who already had bad blood with the Dongfang Family could not help but open their mouths and spout mockery as they stared at Bai Chuan's young and tender little face. Even the Cloud City governor who was seating in the seat of honor wrinkled his brows.

Though the rules of the Trials did state that all participants must be below the age of thirty. However, for a wimpy little brat who was just over ten years old to come and join the Trials... This was certainly an act of making a farce out of the Trials!

However, because they never specified a definite age, the governor couldn't really say very much against this.

"It seems that the Dongfang Family is growing increasingly weak," sneered the old man in white who was seated next to the governor. "However, one could say that they're now reaping what they've sown. Had Dongfang Yu joined the Immortal Realm long ago, she wouldn't have had such a tragic death and the Dongfang Family would never have fallen. At the end of the day, they've dug their own graves and can't blame anyone else for their misfortune."

The Immortal Realm has never been magnanimous. All kindness displayed was simply hypocritical and would only be shown when in public. Hence, even to this day he has never forgot his hatred when Dongfang Yu rejected the Immortal Realm's offer.

Of course, Dongfang Yu also rejected the offers from the Courts of Hell and the Spirit Sect. This lessened the blow for him.

"Just what is this girl doing?" The Honorable Sir Tianqi shook his head helplessly and sighed, "What does she want to achieve by letting a child participate in the trials? Could it be that this kid has surpassed the others in some way?"

Elder Jiu stayed silent. After all, the two men next to him were Martial Honors and he was only a high-level Martial Emperor at the moment. This time, he had personally requested to come to Cloud City since the Courts of Hell was a part of the Three Great Authorities. But as a Martial Emperor, his words do not carry as much weight when in front of the two Martial Honors.

However, even when faced with the skeptical stares of the crowd, Bai Chuan remained silent. His adorable face held a maturity far beyond his years.

"Cough, cough."

The governor cleared his throat awkwardly, "Honorable Sir Xiangtian, Honorable Sir Tianqi, and Elder Jiu. May we begin?"

"Begin."

Bai Xiangtian nodded his head lightly as he coldly replied.

"As you command." The governor slowly rose from his seat and faced the crowd before him, "First of all, welcome everyone to this year's Divine Trials. You all know the rules, no weapons are allowed near the eyes. Since all participants are geniuses from their own organizations, I hope that you will all show some restraint. Now, let the Trials begin!"

As she heard the governor's words, Gu Ruoyun wrinkled her brows and scanned her surroundings. She then sighed, "The competition has already begun but the members of the Xia Family are not here. It seems that this would be the first Trial that the Xia Family will not participate in."

Actually, she had been holding on hope that she would see Yu'er in Cloud City from the beginning.

Since no one from the Xia Family was participating this time, this proves that... Yu'er was still missing!

"The first round is a group battle. Every organization shall assign a group of five to the stage. The first group to be kicked off the stage shall be eliminated! The last one standing will win first place! However, since this is a group battle, we emphasize on teamwork. So it is only considered a victory if all members remain standing on the stage! As long as one person falls off the stage, the entire team is eliminated."

What he meant was that if one person was defeated, the entire group would lose as well. Every member must remain standing on the stage for it be considered as a win.

Usually, the Dongfang Family would be quickly eliminated during the first round!

This time might not be any different.

Qing Ling sneered and glanced at Gu Ruoyun and Wei Yiyi, "This is a fate that the Dongfang Family can never escape — to forever face elimination in the first round of the Trials!"

Then, she raised her head arrogantly and walked towards Rongyue. But when she was in front of Rongyue, she quickly changed her insufferably arrogant expression into that of a compliant and respectful servant.

"Merely a dog that threatens based on its master's power." Wei Yiyi curled her lips and turned towards Gu Ruoyun, "Master, I'd like to compete in this round."

"Very well."

Gu Ruoyun gently nodded, "Alright, you, Qingyun, Linlang, Lianxin, and Tianyun shall represent us this round."

Amongst the team members, Wei Yiyi has reached the rank of a high-level Martial King and was only one step away from becoming a Martial Emperor. The rest had only reached the level of a Martial King during the past half a month and only Linlang remained as a low-level Martial King.

Of course, with Wei Yiyi around, Gu Ruoyun wasn't too worried about Linlang's safety.

Every organization sent their five representatives to the center of the plaza to participate in the battle. However, they did not send out their most powerful military strength. Even though the elimination round was extremely crucial, everyone wanted to save their trump card.

"Wei Yiyi, even though you are a traitor of the Medicine Order, you are still at the rank of a senior aunt. Do you not feel embarrassed when competing with people younger than you?"

A disciple of the Medicine Order pointed at Wei Yiyi and shamed her.

Wei Yiyi pursed her lips, "If I remember correctly, the competition rules state that participants should be aged thirty and below. Since it includes those in their thirties and as it happens, I have only just managed to fulfill that condition. I am not breaking the rules, so why can't I participate in the competition?"

"You really don't know the meaning of humiliation!" sneered the Medicine Order disciple. "You're nothing but a traitor. Do you still think that you're the Wei Yiyi of the past? You were poisoned by our Order Master and so many years have gone by. You should've lost your powers long ago so what makes you think that you can go up against our Medicine Order?"

Wei Yiyi's gifts were not like Rongyue's, who had risen to the level of a Martial Emperor at a young age. But if she had not been poisoned, based on her skill in cultivation in the past, she would have been at least a mid-level Martial Emperor by now.

Unfortunately, she was poisoned and she lost her power long ago. Where did she get the courage to appear in such a place?

Wei Yiyi curled her lips, "Traitor? I believe that only some, deep down, know who the true traitor is. I will return to the Medicine Order sooner or later! Not only will I return, but I will reorganize the Order in the previous Order Master's stead!"

She will never forget what that wretched couple did to her all those years ago and she will never rest until she has had her revenge!

Wei Yiyi clenched her fist at the thought of this, and took a deep breath. A chill enveloped her beautiful face.

Whoosh!

The disciple of the Medicine Order finally made her move. Her bladework was swift and pierced towards Wei Yiyi's face like a strong gust of wind. At the same time, the rest began to act as well.

They only have one target — to attack Wei Yiyi.

"Elder Xueyi, what do you think?"

Rongyue frowned as she observed the battle and asked, "This Wei Yiyi sure has a lot of courage to come here and participate in the Trials. Could it be that she had regained her powers? Knowing Wei Yiyi, she would never send herself to death's door so foolishly."

"That's very unlikely." Xueyi shook her head, "No one can cure the Order Master's poison and at the time of her escape, her powers were already degenerating. If it weren't for that worthless little girl who had set her free, this woman should not even be able to walk by now! Unfortunately, that worthless girl was the daughter of the previous Order Master. In order to avoid a rebellion from those old fellows, she cannot be touched! However, it's been ten years since Wei Yiyi left. Her powers would have degenerated to the rank of a Martial Warrior by now."

Rongyue stayed silent. Although she was barely even ten at the time, no one else knew better than her of the events which had transpired that year. As her Master's disciple, she had tagged along with her Master everywhere she went...

"Watch, Wei Yiyi will be thrown off the stage very soon."

Elder Xueyi smiled disapprovingly and swept her disdainful gaze towards Wei Yiyi. However, what happened next caused her expression to change greatly and she widened her eyes in shock...

Boom!

The aura from Wei Yiyi's entire being stirred and her seductive face was filled with such a cold chill that it was terrifying. Her eyes glared coldly at the swords aimed towards her.

"A high-level Martial King? Impossible, her poison could not be cured!"

Based on Wei Yiyi's talent in the past, it would not be difficult for Xueyi to believe that she would successfully breakthrough to the rank of a high-level Martial King. But the problem was, Wei Yiyi had been poisoned in the past. Forget about breakthroughs, it would not even be possible for her to stop her powers from degenerating!

How? She wondered. How was she able to cure the poison?

"The Treasured Encyclopedia of Medicine. It must be the Treasured Encyclopedia of Medicine!"

Elder Xueyi gritted her teeth and fixed a furious glare on Wei Yiyi.

That's right, she fumed. This must be due to the Treasury of Medicine which allowed her to cure herself of the poison!

"This Wei Yiyi cannot be spared."

A murderous intent flashed across Rongyue's eyes as she mumbled to herself.

Wei Yiyi must die no matter what! She fumed. Otherwise, if she were to return to the Medicine Order and unite the old fellows who still do not believe that she betrayed us, it would definitely bring danger to my Master.

As for that Gu Ruoyun who had taken her in, she must die too!

Rongyue suddenly remembered the person who had visited her yesterday in the middle of the night and she instantly felt calmer.

That person had guaranteed to her that the Medicine Order will be the champions of the Divine Trials this year. Furthermore... Even if she were to murder the Dongfang Family team on the spot, he assured her that the Medicine Order would not receive any repercussions!

Bang!

Wei Yiyi quickly leaped into the air and stepped onto the swords. Then, just as the Medicine Order disciples were recovering from the shock of seeing her true power, she drove her heel in and shattered the blades, causing the shards to fall to the ground with a loud clang. She then slowly descended to the ground.

"Kill her!"

The Medicine Order disciples exchanged a look and charged towards her with murderous intent in their eyes.

These disciples of the Dongfang Family must all die here!

During Wei Yiyi's duel with the Medicine Order disciples, the eliminations were already in motion. Even if the Dongfang Family team were pushed off the arena now, they would at least be placed last in the Trials and would not be eliminated!

Since that was the case, it's best to kill them now!

"Watch out!"

Dongfang Qingyun wrinkled her brow and joined the other disciples surrounding Wei Yiyi.

Even though they have had their breakthroughs, the opposing team members were all high-level Martial Kings. They cannot afford to slack off in this competition.

"Rongyue, did you say that that person can guarantee that the Medicine Order won't face any punishment even if we end up killing someone?"

Xueyi still found this hard to believe.

She wanted to kill them all off too but she did not dare commit such a crime out of fear that the Three Great Authorities would punish them severely for it. But can the person who had paid Rongyue a visit last night really guarantee that?

"That's right," Rongyue nodded, "That person held a token from the Spirit Sect and is not of a low rank in the sect either. Furthermore, our Medicine Order has vowed our loyalty and devotion to the Immortal Realm. Now that both the Spirit Sect and the Immortal Realm stands with us, we need not worry about the Courts of Hell. Besides, the representative from the Courts of Hell this year is the high-level Martial Emperor, Elder Jiu."