Ancient Phoenix, Zixie

Gu Ruoyun's gaze traveled up the robe, stopped on the man's face and that moment, he was unable to turn away anymore.

In the East Peak Mainland, Supreme Jin was undoubtedly the most captivating among all the good-looking men that she has ever seen. But this man in front of her was no less handsome than Supreme Jin, but even better looking...

The man donned a purple long robe, with the sleeves decorated with golden lines, appearing dignified and resplendent. His black hair was lazily scattered behind him as a soft wind blew and with it, a charming scent lingered. His looks were so handsome that it seemed to have made all creation loses its color. The wind lifted the purple cuff, making the seductive purple flame in between the man's eyes seemed more sinister.

All of a sudden, the man raised his hand and a breeze swept past. When Gu Ruoyun regained her senses, she was already in the man's embrace...

"This is the master chosen by the Ancient Divine Pagoda? She's bony to the touch, not comfortable at all. Little girl, you need to replenish your nutrition and only when you've put on more weight, then you can warm my bed."

Gu Ruoyun's face darkened instantly. She raised afoot to kick him, but the man was already prepared. He grabbed her foot with a slight smile.

"Little girl, you were indeed strong in the past but now, you are only a small fry in the Qi collection level two. Do you think you can sneak up on me?"

Gu Ruoyun retracted her foot. She looked at the handsome dignified man in front of her and asked, "Who are you?"

"Little girl, you are too cold. I brought you all the way here from the East Peak Mainland and you have forgotten about me?" The man continued reluctantly, "Luckily I saved your life at that time. If it weren't for me, you would have been utterly destroyed, body and soul."

East Peak Mainland?

Gu Ruoyun was slightly startled, "You're the Ancient Divine Pagoda."

When he heard this, the man's lips twitched, "Ancient Divine Pagoda? Have you ever seen a pagoda turned into a man? I am the Ancient Divine Pagoda's companion beast, Zixie!"

"Zixie? Ancient Phoenix Zixie?"

The people of West Spirit Mainland may not know about Zixie's existence, but everyone in the East Peak Mainland knew that name.

Legend has it that The Ancient Phoenix Zixie held the power to break the heavens and earth. With just one breath, he can mow an empire to the ground. His power was so strong that it made everyone's heart trembled.

But Zixie had disappeared since tens of thousands of years ago. Who would've expected him to show up here...

"Girl, you're stunned aren't you?" Zixie curled his lips and smiled, "While you were running for your life, you had already made a contract with the Ancient Divine Pagoda. As long as your soul remains intact, the Ancient Divine Pagoda will follow your soul forever. But the bond between the Ancient Divine Pagoda and I has been sealed. If it was broken on the East Peak Mainland, those old demons would definitely have noticed it. Hence, I could not show myself and helped you. It wasn't until we reached the West Spirit Mainland that I was able to break the seal..."

Gu Ruoyun nodded, "I see. This Ancient Divine Pagoda was given to me by my grandfather, but I didn't know what it was for..."

"I won't be able to fully explain the uses of the Ancient Divine Pagoda to you in such a short time. However, you do know that the Divine Pagoda is an object left behind since ancient times right? How would an artifact from the ancient times be useless? Moreover..."

Zixie smilingly patted Gu Ruoyun's head, "Didn't you challenge someone? With this Ancient Divine Pagoda, I guarantee that within a month, I'll make you more powerful than him!"

He knew that with Gu Ruoyun's battle experience from her previous life, she would have had a fifty percent chance of defeating the young master of the Ling family. But what he intended to do was give her confidence that she can beat the enemy...

Inside the Divine Pagoda, the walls were bare and only a drug tripod was placed in the center. Gu Ruoyun looked around at the empty Divine Pagoda and asked, "This is the Ancient Divine Pagoda?"

"That's right, this is the first floor of the Ancient Divine Pagoda. With my prowess, I can only unlock this first floor. From this point onwards, you will have to break the seals by yourself..."

"What should I do?"

Gu Ruoyun stopped in her tracks, turned and looked at Zixie.

"Easy," Zixie's gaze was upon Gu Ruoyun's face, he curled his lips into a faint smile, "If you can breakthrough Qi collection level eight and attain the level of Martial Warrior, then you can enter the second floor. With every floor that you breakthrough, you may obtain the object at that level."

When she heard this, her eyes turned towards the drug tripod.

"What the first floor has given me is this drug tripod?"

"Yes," Zixie nodded, "But, it's not only the drug tripod. There are also some basic pill recipes."

When he finished, he placed a few pill recipes in front of Gu Ruoyun.

"Qi Gathering Pills can help a Martial Warrior who is collecting Qi feel the Spiritual Energy around them better, helping them cultivate at five times more than their normal speed. Marrow Cleansing Pills can cleanse impurities inside the cultivator's body, making cultivation easier! Beauty Skin Changing Pills can make an old lady in her fifties instantly regain the splendor of a twenty-year-old..."

Ignoring the last one, Gu Ruoyun was very fascinated with the first two types of Pills.

The most important part was, tens of thousands of years ago, the art of pill refining progressed massively and the number of pill refiners around was countless. However, during the Mainland War, every pill refiner was slaughtered and pill refining tomes were destroyed. As a result in the Mainland, nobody was able to refine a complete pill medicine. Even those sold in the market were powdered pill medicine.

However, those goods definitely could no longer be called pill medicine.

Needless to say, Gu Ruoyun was awed when she saw the pill recipes.

But she quickly calmed her excitement, which made Zixie look at her with surprise.

If it wasn't for anybody else, they would've wanted to try it straight away.

"Although these pill recipes are precious, I have never learned pill refining. Even if you gave me the pill recipe and the drug tripod, I reckon that I won't be able to refine anything."

"Girl, you are unexpectedly different from the greedy humans that I usually meet. I am getting more and more interested in you," Zixie smiled. And with his smile, the purple flame in the middle of his brows appeared even more seductive, "I really hope that you would grow up faster so that you can warm my bed. If not, this small frame of yours will certainly stab me painfully."

Gu Ruoyun curled the corners of her lips, she scanned Zixie from head to toe, "Even if I do grow up, but you... Can you still grow?"

Looking at the young lady's smiling eyes, and upon reflecting upon the implied meaning of her words, the handsome face turned grave, "little girl, you are too young to be saying something like this."

"Don't forget, although this body is Gu Ruoyun's, I have already lived for twenty plus years."

"Is that so?"

Zixie's brows arched slightly, waved his big hand and pulled Gu Ruoyun into his embrace. A subtle threat emanated from his slightly squinted eyes, "Little girl, since your soul is in its twenties, then why don't you...... warm my bed now?"

The look on Gu Ruoyun's face sank. She wanted to retaliate, but the man's low and sinister laugh filled her ears.

"Too bad girl, I have no interest in bony women. They're not comfortable when you hug them. Wait 'till you're fatter, then I'll let you warm my bed."

Bang!

When the man let his guard down, Gu Ruoyun seized the moment to turn around and threw a punch towards the man's face. At that moment, a hand appeared in front of the man, blocking Gu Ruoyun's punch.

"Little girl, you are so cruel."

The man pushed aside Gu Ruoyun's fist and smiled helplessly, "You hit me when you want to without showing mercy. However, you have been inside the Divine Pagoda for quite some time. You should leave before anyone notices your absence. When you go out, buy the materials for the Qi Collecting Pill, I will then teach you how to refine it later."

A light breeze blew and maple leaves fell slowly from the tips of the trees.

Gu Ruoyun had just descended the mountain when a reckless figure barged into her line of sight.
It was a young lady, about sixteen years of age. Her luxurious clothes nicely showcased her perfect body. However, when her gaze made its way to her face, she had no choice but to be disappointed.

The lady's fair skin was full of freckles, like spot stains on a clean white veil, greatly disrupting the original beauty.

Gu Ruoyun knitted her brows. She searched in her brain and recognized the lady in front of her.

However, before she could even open her mouth, Luo Yin walked hastily in front of her and scanned her from head to toe as if she did not know her.

"Gu Ruoyun, I heard that you will be dueling that rabbit bastard of the Ling family?"
Gu Ruoyun stroked her own wrists and smiled noncommittally.

"News sure travels fast. What? You think I would lose too?"

"Haha!"

Luo Yin laughed loudly while tapping on Gu Ruoyun's shoulders. "What kind of person are you, Gu Ruoyun? I have said before that your father was the first genius of Azure Dragon Country. Alas, those whom the gods' love die young and he passed away at such a young age! But your brother, he's the current first genius! As the daughter of Gu Tian, the younger sister of Gu Shengxiao, how can you be a good-for-nothing? But, Gu Ruoyun, after being friends for so many years, you kept this secret even from me?"

Right then, word had been spreading like wildfire that Gu Ruoyun had faked her timidity all along to make everybody forget about her. But being Gu Ruoyun's best and only friend, even she had been kept in the dark for so many years.

When she thought of this, Luo Yin was all sorts of upset.

"Luo Yin." Gu Ruoyun looked at her old friend and hesitated for a while. "I have a favor to ask."

"What?"

"Can you...lend me some gold coins?" Gu Ruoyun was a bit embarrassed to say that out loud.
In her previous life, she was the direct Young Mistress of the Xia family, so she had never fretted over these worldly objects. But because Gu Ruoyun was a good-for-nothing, her monthly allowance was a mere three copper coins. She could not afford to buy herbs.

"Alright, how much do you want?" Luo Yin agreed without even thinking.

Gu Ruoyun thought deeply for a moment, then lifted her head and looked at the freckle-faced Luo Yin steadily. "I need a hundred gold coins! In return, I will give you a reward richer than a hundred gold coins!"

She, Gu Ruoyun, had never liked to be indebted to anyone.

That's why before she even borrowed money, she had decided to use the Qi Gathering Pills as repayment! The price of these Qi Gathering Pills was much higher than a hundred gold coins!

"A hundred gold coins?"

Luo Yin had initially thought that even if Gu Ruoyun wanted to borrow money, she would only borrow a few gold coins. She didn't expect her to ask so much. To her, a hundred gold coins were her year's savings.

But Luo Yin understood. If she could help it, she absolutely wouldn't open her mouth to borrow money, knowing Gu Ruoyun's self-esteem.

"Alright, I'll lend you the money. Wait for me here, I'll go fetch it! About the reward, you don't have that many gold coins to repay me, so there's no need to repay me."

Little did she know what the reward that Gu Ruoyun mentioned was. The moment she saw it, she would know that her friend wasn't bragging...

The value of one Qi Gathering Pill was much higher than a hundred gold coins!