A Peerlessly Beautiful Man, A Wife? 1

"Gu Ruoyun, no matter what you say, I'm not going to allow anyone who brings harm to my Ling Family to walk on this earth — alive!" Ling Yi's aura grew stronger as he coldly declared, "Because of that, you must die here today!"

Gu Ruoyun laughed coldly, "If you fail in killing me, I hope you'll never, ever regret it."

Then, she turned around and bolted towards the mountain range without sparing a second glance at the Ling family's grandfather and grandson.

"Trying to escape? Hmph. Let's see if you can!"

Ling Yi narrowed his eyes and chased after her without another word.

Realizing that the distance between them was closing in, Gu Ruoyun began to panic. If Ling Yi caught up with her, she would undoubtedly perish.

"I must not die before I get my revenge in the East Peak Mainland," she thought to herself, "I must not die!"

She accelerated her speed at the thought of this, gathering strength she never knew she had, giving everything she had into charging towards escape.

Sweat was now dripping from her delicate face, her clothes began to cling to her body. She felt as if she had taken a shower. Alas, Gu Ruoyun's spirit was willing but her flesh was weak. She began to feel the first wave of fatigue taking over.

"No!" She tightened her resolve, "I will not die here."

"Let me out, little girl. I'll help you deal with that old man."

Zixie wrinkled his brow, a gloomy and cold light flashed across his demonic, handsome face.

"No," Gu Ruoyun shook her head, "This is a formation belonging to the Weapon Refining Sect. If you suddenly reveal yourself, it may draw their attention to you. My wings are not fully grown yet, so I don't want to get involved with people like them just yet."

This was her main concern.

Zixie was her final trump card and the only effective weapon she had for revenge. She would not allow Zixie to show himself under any circumstances unless she absolutely had no other choice.

Realizing that Ling Yi was closing in, Gu Ruoyun's forehead began to bead with cold sweat. Suddenly, a cliff came into view. She quickly halted her steps, causing a few rocks to roll off the cliff. Her own heart felt like it was suddenly tipping over the edge as well.

"Stupid girl. Let's see how you're going to get away this time! A mere little level four in the Qi Collection ranks, making an old man run after you for such a distance. If this gets out, I'll never live it down in Azure Dragon Country! It's a good thing that you're going to die by my hand very soon. Hahaha!!!"

"That's right," he thought, "This girl is only a level four in the Qi Collection ranks. Yet she's actually managed to defeat my grandson. I cannot believe this. Especially since there's such a huge gap between the two levels."

"Die?" Gu Ruoyun smiled, "I'm afraid you don't have the power to kill me!"

She immediately turned around and jumped off the cliff without a single trace of hesitation.

"Not good!" Ling Yi's expression changed immediately. He hurriedly stepped forward to investigate the situation. But the fog was too thick, how could he possibly pick up Gu Ruoyun's trail?

"However, with such a deep cliff, she'll probably end up in pieces at the bottom. Based on her level of strength, she couldn't possibly survive this. Just in case, I'd better check for a corpse. I cannot leave this up to chance."

...

Drip!

Drip! Drip!

The clear sound of dripping water rang in Gu Ruoyun's ear. She furrowed her brow and slowly opened her eyes to find a handsome face staring back at her. Their heads were so close together that the man only needed to lower his head to kiss her tender lips.

"Thump!"

Gu Ruoyun regained her senses and swiftly pushed Zixie away. She screamed angrily at him, "What are you trying to do?"

"You're heartless, little girl. I've held you in my arms for such a long time and yet you pushed me away so cruelly the moment you awaken."

Zixie looked extremely hurt as if he had suffered a huge amount of abuse.

"Zixie?" Gu Ruoyun was astonished, "Why have you shown yourself? Didn't I tell you..."

"Don't you worry. I sensed a force in here that can help block my aura. No one will be able to sense my presence. But you're pretty bold, jumping off a cliff like that. Are you not afraid of dying?"

"I am very afraid of dying. That's why I will never put my life in danger," Gu Ruoyun smiled, "I heard the sound of running water at the edge of the cliff and guessed that it wouldn't be a very sharp drop. At least, it's not deep enough for me to fall to my death. Oh right, you've mentioned that there's a force within this area, what is it?"

Zixie grew silent, pausing for half a minute before raising his head towards Gu Ruoyun with a serious look on his handsome face.

"The Heavenly Spirit Formation was not a formation that belongs to the Weapon Refining Sect. It originated from the East Peak Mainland and was created by a strong cultivator! The details of this are unclear to me but I can sense a strong power within."

"A strong power?" Gu Ruoyun frowned, a glint flashed across her eyes, "Zixie, I'd like to investigate the situation and see what secrets lie within this cave!"

Zixie looked slightly hesitant, briefly thinking over her request before replying, "You know that my powers are sealed, little girl. It was only just now that I felt the first seal loosen. I must immediately shut myself in closed door cultivation in order to break through it, so..."

"Don't worry. I'll be alright on my own."

"Okay," Zixie nodded, "Should you be in any danger, summon me immediately. I will awaken from my slumber and come to your rescue."

Gu Ruoyun did not reply. She understood that this closed door cultivation was very important for Zixie. Unless she lands in an absolutely tight spot, she would not summon him...

In the cave, the sound of rippling waters could be heard clearly. It struck Gu Ruoyun, deep in her heart. Her heart raced with anxiety.

She made slow and careful footsteps, as if she was afraid that she would disturb the things around her. In the beginning, she could not sense the mysterious power that Zixie had mentioned. But the more she explored, the more the power came within range of her senses, making it hard for her to breathe.

But strangely, there was not the slightest bit of danger along the way!

"No!" She denied. "I could feel myself surrounded by strange auras. Yet these unknown creatures did not attack me."

This greatly puzzled her, she could not understand what was going on.

Even she herself did not know how long she had been walking until a stone door appeared in front of her.

"There's no mistake about it, it's behind this door. That mysterious power is hiding behind this door."

Gu Ruoyun took a deep breath, slowly placing her hand on the stone door. Just as she thought she had prepared herself, the stone door opened on its own.

In that instant, the sight before her took her breath away. She had never seen such a stunning sight.

On a bed in the stone room, lay a man. His hair was a mass of dazzling silver hair, like the silver ripples of water, cascading onto the floor. He wore a robe of crimson blood-red, which contrasted with his pale features perfectly. Between his brows was a crimson flame that looked very much like a rose in full bloom. It was absolutely mesmerizing.

Gu Ruoyun had never seen such a breathtakingly beautiful man in her entire life. Not even the most beautiful woman in the world had one-tenth of his beauty. A single look was all it took to make one's heart skip a beat.

Before she could recover her senses, the man slowly opened his eyes.

Confusion and uncertainty clouded the man's crimson eyes as he slowly swept his gaze around the stone room before his line of sight finally landed on Gu Ruoyun.

She did not know why but Gu Ruoyun instinctively felt as if this man was extremely dangerous! So dangerous that he had the power to destroy the entire world!

However, whatever the man said next stunned her, rooting her to where she stood. It made her lose all sense of propriety.

"Wife."

"Wife?" She thought.

It was like a thunderbolt had struck her. Gu Ruoyun stared in astonishment at the man's peerlessly beautiful face.

"This man... Upon opening his eyes, he called me... his wife?" She wondered to herself, confused.

"Who are you? Why are you here?"

The man frowned and shook his head, "I don't know."

"You don't know?"

"I don't remember anything."

Gu Ruoyun stroked her chin as she watched the man who was struggling to recall his identity.

"It seemed that this guy had lost his memories," she mused, "He's forgotten everything."

...

Meanwhile, in a part of the Heavenly Spirit Formation, beyond the reach of Gu Ruoyun's senses, around a mountain range in the mainland, a loud roar rang out, echoing throughout the skies. The spiritual beasts in the mountain range fell on their knees, collectively bowing towards a certain direction.

"Our king has awoken! Everyone shall welcome him! All shall bow before him! Our king has returned!"

In the stone room.

Gu Ruoyun stared at the confused yet peerlessly beautiful man. She gently raised her eyebrows, "It seems that the mysterious power I sensed came from your body. Seeing as I've discovered the source of the power, it's time for me to leave."

The man got off his stone bed and followed closely behind Gu Ruoyun. His long, silvery hair gave off an unusually ethereal look, it was absolutely bewitching. It gave him a completely otherworldly look.

Except that, now, a pitiful look appeared on the man's peerlessly beautiful face. He stared woefully at Gu Ruoyun.

"Don't follow me." Gu Ruoyun paused in her steps and exclaimed without looking back. Then she picked up her pace and fled from the strange place.

...

The month passed by in a flash. Many were gathered in the imperial courtyard. Just then, a light flashed across the formation and the youngsters who were sent into the formation for cultivation appeared before their very eyes.

Luo Yin searched for Gu Ruoyun amongst the crowd but could not find that familiar figure. She did not know why but she felt a deep sense of anxiety.

"Could it be that something has happened to Gu Ruoyun?" She wondered, "No! Impossible. Nothing could have possibly happened to her."

"Why do I not see Gu Ruoyun of the Gu family?"

Hun Fei's expression grew cold, his eyes swept its gaze across the crowd.

After all, Gu Ruoyun had no ties to their Weapon Refining Sect. If they could convince her to contributing all of her mental capacity, they would be able to cure their Lady of her ailing body. So, no harm must come to that woman!

"Lord Hun Fei, Gu Ruoyun ran into a few spiritual beasts and was attacked in the Heavenly Spirit Formation. As a result, she lost her life. We don't need to wait for her." The little master Ling sneered, he had already bribed the witnesses anyway. No one was going to out him with the truth.

"What did you say?" Luo Yin's face changed greatly. She shot an angry glare at Ling Xi, "Say it again. Tell me what you just said!"

"Hmph!" Ling Xi sneered, "I said, Gu Ruoyun ran into a few spiritual beasts and was attacked. She's dead. I saw it with my own eyes. It's all true!"

"If you saw it happen, why didn't you save her?" Luo Yin clenched her fists, feeling her heart trembling. Her voice grew hoarse, carrying an unmistakable tinge of rage in her voice.

"Save her?" Ling Xi stared at Luo Yin as if she was an idiot, "Why should I save her? She's only a good-for-nothing. If she dies, she dies. What does that have to do with me? Allowing a good-for-nothing like her to remain alive is simply a waste of food and resources! The earlier her demise, the sooner she reincarnates. She should be thanking me for not saving her. Now she no longer has to endure the pain of living in this world."

"That's right," he thought, "Gu Ruoyun is a good-for-nothing! Grandfather has already told me that that woman is merely a level four in the Qi Collection Ranks. A level four defeating a level five like me! She had definitely utilized the treasure she found in the cave to help her. Otherwise, how could she have possibly been able to defeat me?"

Luo Yin roared furiously, her fist landed on Ling Xi's handsome mug.

It all happened so suddenly. No one had any time to react.

"Ling Xi, you bastard! I'm going to avenge Gu Ruoyun today!"

A barrage of fists rained down on Ling Xi's body. Luo Yin's eyes glazed over with tears, it was as if she was venting all of her anger in one go.

Ling Yi regained his senses at the sight of his own grandson being beaten to a pulp. He quickly ordered, "Servants, get that little bitch!"

"Little bitch, who are you calling a little bitch, you mother f*cker?" General Luo was enraged, stepping out from the crowd and shielding Luo Yin, "I am not dead yet. I'd certainly like to see who f*cking dares to lay a hand on my daughter!"

The atmosphere was brimming with an extreme amount of anger in an instant. Everyone tried to breathe as quietly as they could, not daring to make a single sound.

Just then, a puzzled voice was heard from behind the crowd.

"What has happened? Luo Yin, I've only just returned. Why are you in such a valiant state?"