The Shameless Weapon Refining Sect 2

General Luo could not help but to clap his hands. He laughed gleefully, "Gu Ruoyun, I initially wanted to keep Luo Yin away from you for two reasons: One, it is because you are a member of the Gu family and I was worried that that old man from the Gu family would someday harm my daughter. The other reason is that you are far too weak. I, Luo Hongtian have always admired people with guts! Not too long ago, I heard rumors that your display of timidness was all an act. But I did not believe it. I see now, that the rumors are indeed true. Being born a good-for-nothing is not something you can control. But you can take control of your character. If you ever decide to leave the Gu family one day, you are more than welcome as a guest at my Luo household!"

Gu family? The Weapon Refining Sect? He had never seen the need to pander to them.

He had always been fearless. So how could he possibly be afraid of the Weapon Refining Sect?

Especially since Gu Ruoyun's statements were very much to his liking. Having a family like this was equivalent to having no family at all.

Hun Fei's expression visibly darkened. He glared viciously at General Luo but he kept his silence.

But the old man from the Gu family had never been the type of person to show self-restraint. He sneered, "Luo Hongtian. This matter concerns my Gu family. It has nothing to do with you! You are an outsider and have no right to meddle in our affairs! Seeing as this girl's parents are both dead, I have the right to make the decisions for her! Lord Hun Fei, from now on, Gu Ruoyun belongs to your Weapon Refining Sect. Whether you kill her or punish her, the decision is all yours."

Hearing this, Hun Fei nodded with satisfaction.

"At least the Gu family is more sensible," he thought.

Realizing that General Luo was about to speak up for her, Gu Ruoyun smiled and quickly stopped him, "General Luo, thank you for your good intentions. However, this time, the opponents are both the Gu family and the Weapon Refining Sect. I do not wish to drag the Luo family down with me. So please don't trouble yourself with this. Nevertheless, I, Gu Ruoyun, will never forget the kindness that you've shown me today."

A person who showers you with flattery when you are at the pinnacle of your success may not be sincere. But when a person who stands up for you in front of powerful enemies while you are considered a good-for-nothing, that person must be truly sincere.

Hence why she would forever remember General Luo's kind intentions.

"My answer remains the same, I will never join the Weapon Refining Sect!"

Gu Ruoyun slowly raised her head as the smile in her clear eyes slowly disappeared. She fixed her gaze upon the gloomy looking Hun Fei.

"Hmph."

Hun Fei scoffed coldly, "Since you refuse to see what's good for you, don't blame me for my lack of courtesy!"

Then, he appeared in front of Gu Ruoyun in one quick flash. But just as the energy in the palm of his hand was about to land on Gu Ruoyun, a loud bang sounded and the ground began to shake.

"What... What's going on?"

Hun Fei stumbled a few steps backward. He wrinkled his brow and asked, "The tremors seem to be coming from within the formation. Could it be that something has happened inside?"

The Lady of the Weapon Refining Sect had remained silent since the start of the commotion. It was only after the tremors had passed that she turned her attention towards the center of the formation. She was immediately rooted to the ground at the sight of what came next.

The formation exploded before their eyes, disintegrating into tiny stars, falling onto a man's exquisite, otherworldly hair.

No one in the crowd had ever seen such a beautiful man. His was the kind of beauty that could drive all living things into madness, a kind of beauty that could cause the downfall of nations. Yet even these idioms were not enough to describe the man's breathtaking beauty. It was as if red spider lilies now covered the ground and he was stepping into the field. His crimson robes floated along gracefully with his every move and his silvery hair danced along with the gentle breeze. Not even the heavens could have painted a more beautiful sight.

The flame between his brows was formidable yet seductive; it was unforgettable for anyone who had glimpsed it.

At this moment, the wronged man was staring miserably at Gu Ruoyun, "I don't want to be by myself so please don't leave me, alright?"

Er...

Everyone was speechless from astonishment - was this man a retard or was his mental age the type that is immature?

It was such a waste of his exceptionally good looks.

Everyone shook their head and felt sorry when they thought about it.

However, everyone had been so stunned by his looks that they overlooked the fact that he had walked out from the formation which had then exploded the instant he left it.

"I already told you to stop following me." Gu Ruoyun rubbed her forehead helplessly and thought, does this count as her obtaining an extra-relentless lackey?

"But I don't know who I am and I've also forgotten where I'm from. So let me follow you and if you don't like me calling you my wife then I'll stop doing that. Just don't abandon me, please?"

There was such sorrow in his eyes that he almost seemed like he was a pet being abandoned by Gu Ruoyun, the heartless owner.

Gu Panpan had originally been jealous that Gu Ruoyun was acquainted with this exceptional man. However, after listening to him speak, she could not help but titter, "Haha! Gu Ruoyun, I was at first perplexed that such a good-looking man could have any ties with you. It turns out that he's just an idiot who doesn't even know who he is, only an idiot like him would fancy trash such as you!"

Honestly speaking though, Gu Panpan was still jealous of Gu Ruoyun.

Even if the man was a retard, his looks were just too perfect. Furthermore, for some reason, she can feel a pressure just from glancing at him.

As everyone was focused on Gu Ruoyun and the silver-haired man, no one noticed the change in Shi Yun's facial expression.

How could it be him...

This man was the man who has been appearing in her dreams since long ago.

She had thought that the dreams were not real but now, the man from her dreams was standing right in front of her in the flesh. However, from the beginning till the end, he had not looked at her even once and even acted cute and childish towards other women...

Her jealousy was like a hand which vehemently squeezed Shi Yun's heart, urging her to go up to him and tell him that she was the destined one.

Nonetheless, she was the daughter of the Weapon Refining Sect after all so she suppressed the urge, no matter how much it ate at her.

She took a deep breath and composed herself, "I must get that man!"

Since she has been dreaming about him since she was little, that just proves that they were destined to be together. So, in the end, that exceptional man can only belong to her. As for the others, they were merely cannon fodder along the way so they wouldn't be around for too long; their only purpose was to enhance their feelings...

On that thought, Shi Yun looked calculatively at Gu Ruoyun.

"Gu Ruoyun, who is this man?" General Gu's face was contorted slightly as he asked in a composed manner, "Who had allowed you to be friends with these indiscriminate bunch? My Gu family does not allow anyone to simply step in! If you aren't willing to break ties with him, you will be banished from the Gu family!"

Gu Ruoyun's lips arched, "Pardon me, but you don't have to do that because, right at this moment, I've decided to no longer be a part of the Gu family."

General Gu's face looked like he had just swallowed a bug. The anger in his eyes was like spitting fire.

Some of the imperial officers who were not on good terms with him were enjoying the spectacle. They knew what General Gu had done in Azure Dragon Country. If he hadn't favored power and position so much, he wouldn't have driven his own granddaughter away.

"Hahaha!" General Luo chuckled out loud, "General Gu, did you hear that? Your granddaughter is no longer a part of the Gu family so you have no right to make decisions for her anymore."

As he spoke, there was a hint of mockery in his eyes and a sneering smile. He looked on as General Gu's face turned pale.

General Luo felt it in his gut that one day, General Gu will regret everything that he has ever done...

"Gu Ruoyun!" General Gu took a deep breath to suppress his urge to kill her, "You were born a Gu family member and you will die a Gu family member! I will absolutely not let you leave the Gu family."

Gu Ruoyun raised her eyes and looked at General Gu, many kinds of emotions were expressed through this one single glance.

There was the mockery, indifference and... disapproval.

It was as though, reflected in those clear eyes, the Gu family was no more.

"Is that so?" She smiled and the smile was so captivating that it shocked them all. "Then, Gu Yifeng, from this moment on, I alone announce my separation from the Gu family. Everyone in the Gu family, with the exception of Gu Shengxiao, no longer has any ties to me whatsoever! You people from the Gu family never took care of me at all so why should I stay? Let's go!"

After saying that, she grabbed the silver-haired man by the hand and made her way through the crowd, walking towards the front.

General Gu's lungs felt like they were close to exploding as he coldly watched Gu Ruoyun's figure leave. "Stop right there!" he ordered.

Gu Ruoyun quickened her pace and she pulled the silver-haired man along as though she didn't hear him. She didn't turn around to look at General Gu even once.

"What are you all waiting for? Stop that rebellious woman!" General Gu shouted in anger. His gaze was fiercely trained on Gu Ruoyun like she was the enemy who had murdered his children.

Everyone circled Gu Ruoyun. At this moment, the young girl stopped in her tracks with her black silky hair waving slightly in the wind.

"I'd like to see who would dare to stop me?"

Her eyes were commanding and as sharp as a sword, sweeping through the guards who were surrounding her.

I'd like to see who would dare to stop me?

The crowd was so shocked that they couldn't even respond.

Was this young girl the actual good-for-nothing young lady of the Gu family? When had she acquired such an imposing manner...

Everyone came back to their senses when the young girl left. They were still not able to believe that the young girl before their very eyes was the same Gu Ruoyun from before!

"That good-for-nothing of the past has really changed a lot..."

"General Gu, we as outsiders can see Gu Ruoyan's transformation, don't tell me that you didn't notice it. I can guarantee that you will definitely regret the actions you've taken today, hahaha. Yin'er, let's go."

General Luo guffawed, disregarding General Gu's ashen face as he quickly disappeared from sight.

General Gu clenched his fist and sneered: "I'll regret it? Probably, by that time, the one who'll be regretting things is Gu Ruoyun! She was the one who gave up the Weapon Refining Sect's invitation and she'd even left the Gu family. We'll see who is the remorseful one in the future!. With her capabilities, it's going to be a problem to her whether she could survive on her own on this mainland! Just you all wait and see!"