Karma 1

"Have you all heard, the actual owner of the Hundred Herb Hall is that good-for-nothing Gu Ruoyun who had been chased out by the Gu family!"

"Tsk, tsk. No one would have thought that girl who had been bullied by everyone would blossom and grow to this stage. I wonder how much the Gu family is regretting it now! Haha, in only just three years, she has managed to go from Qi Collection Level 2 to become a Martial General, even Gu Tian was not so talented."

"That's nothing compared to what I had personally had witnessed in front of the Ling household. Have you ever seen the White Tiger with her speed and power? And the Azure Dragon who had taken up half the sky! With these two great spiritual beasts in her pocket, even if Gu Tian was a genius, he could never match his daughter's capabilities..."

Ever since that incident, Gu Ruoyun's name has spread across the entire Azure Dragon Country. Of course, she was different from where she had been three years ago. As of today, she was an exemplary person whose example every parent would ask their daughter to aspire to be...

If one would say that one did not know the Emperor's name in the Azure Dragon Country, that would be understandable. However, if one has never heard of Gu Ruoyun, one will be looked down upon! If one does not know who she was, how dare one call oneself a citizen of Azure Dragon Country?

Other than she, who had dared to call out the Dark Yin Palace? Other than she, who had dared to slaughter her way into the Imperial Palace? Even if one had power, they would not have the audacity that she had.

In addition to that, most people said that the reason behind Gu Ruoyun's wrath was because Imperial Concubine Ling had sent assassins after her who had ended up hurting her servant girl. However, she ended up avenging that servant girl and completely ignored the consequences! It was all for a quick vengeance and grace!

This moment, in the Gu house, a group of servants was gossiping about that day's incident. The beautiful face of a lady nearby suddenly twitched as she tightly clutched onto her sleeves. Her teeth were clenched so tightly to the point of almost breaking them.

"Shut your mouth, you wretched scum!"

Her eyes were filled with rage as she spoke: "If I ever hear the words Gu Ruoyun again, I will kill the one who had uttered it! Even with her achievements now, she will never be rid of the reality that she had been chased out by the Gu family!"

The group of gossiping servants was silenced and timidly stood aside. They did not dare to utter a single word...

Gu Panpan was filled with rage today and needed someone to vent at. Hence, these few servants ended up becoming the target of her vicious mouth.

"And don't you all forget, you all had a part in bullying Gu Ruoyun back then! If she wants to avenge herself, you would all be done for. I will not allow you to speak words of praise for her. If you want to talk about her, you have to refer to her as a good-for-nothing like you did before!"

Unacceptable!

She was really dissatisfied how such a good-for-nothing from three years ago had managed to cause her so much despair!

The Gods were really unfair; Gu Ruoyun was rebellious and had even dared to harm her own grandfather. She should have died for her crimes and be struck by lightning!

One should know that after Gu Ruoyun had slaughtered her way into the palace, General Gu, who had brought tens of thousands of soldiers to aid the Emperor had been captured by Elder Yu and has yet to return to the Gu household. After losing the very backbone of the Gu family, how could she be worried?

As a breeze blew past the ancient tree in the yard. Its dense leaves covered a dark silhouette in black robes. The sunlight shone on a black mask, reflecting a cold glint.

The man stood with his hands behind his back and his thin lips were slanted. As he stared with cold eyes at the girl who was throwing a tantrum, a killer intent flashed through his eyes...

He had not expected that so much would have happened within these few days when he had left to settle some pressing matters.

Imperial Concubine Ling...

The masked man's eyes darkened as he thought of the woman who had caused so much trouble. Too bad she had died quickly. If not, he would definitely have made her experience hell on earth and take pleasure in spreading her ashes!

Obviously, the Gu family will not be that lucky!

The masked man suddenly narrowed his eyes as he thought of the past misdeeds of the Gu family. Under the mask, his handsome face was filled with killing intent.

Therefore, before Gu Panpan could finish cursing Gu Ruoyun, she sensed a black shadow which dashed across vision before countless kicks and punches landed on her...

"He--"

--lp...

Before she could make a sound, the agony caused her to not even be able to cry out in pain.

She felt as if every bone in her body was being crushed before it was quickly reconstructed. This cycle repeated over and over again, it made her want to die...

The servants also could not react and call for help. All they felt was a darkening in their minds before they all fainted away.

"I want to kill you but the Gu family's life is not for me to take. You owed her a great debt, I'm simply collecting the interest on her behalf."

The man applied just enough strength to make Gu Panpan suffer continuously. Her mind was refreshed just enough to suffer through the pain. She wished for the torment to be over.

It almost seemed like a century had passed and when she could no longer bear it, the man finally relented. Following that, freed from the torturous pain, Gu Panpan finally fainted...

...

Gu Ruoyun ignored the speculations and gossips from the outside world. She continued to cultivate day after day and turned down anyone who came to visit.

Of course, that mischievous Fourth Prince had been turned down countless of times.

Gu Ruoyun was in the middle of her cultivation when the assassin from the Gentle Breeze Faction, Li Cheng finally contacted her.

"Master, I've been observing Second Master Gu recently. I eavesdropped on a conversation between Second Master Gu and Second Madam Gu. A great power had noticed Gu Shengxiao and wanted to take him away but Gu Tian and his wife disagreed. That power had held a grudge so they ordered Second Master Gu to harm them! They went so far as to force Second Master Gu to bring Gu Shengxiao to him. Unfortunately, Second Master Gu could not complete that mission. Recently, he wanted to mislead Gu Shengxiao and use you as bait to lure him out so that he could hand Gu Shengxiao that powerful person..."

Bang!

A surge of rage consumed Gu Ruoyun's heart. Her face was terrifyingly calm but her clear eyes seemed to have hurricanes in them.

She could tolerate whatever the Gu family had done but if they had harmed those who were close to her, that was unforgivable!

Second Master Gu had not only harmed her parents, he even wanted to harm her brother. No matter the cost, she could not let their conspiracy succeed!

"Gu family, I'd wanted to let you all live on for a little while longer but sadly..."

Gu Ruoyun laughed coldly and said with a mocking attitude, "It's all of you who are looking to die!"

In her previous life, she had not been able to protect her mother. Even her own brother who had relied on her had been killed in front of her very eyes. She would not make the same mistakes in this life! Whoever touches her family, she would use their blood to wash doors!

"Li Cheng, wait there, I will go over now."

Gu Ruoyun's body emanated a strong killing intent. However, before she could leave, a shout sounded from outside.

"Gu Ruoyun, you b*tch, come out! Not only is he your grandfather, even if he was just an ordinary old man, you should not treat him like that! Where is your conscience? Did a dog eat it? B*tch, are you not afraid that the Gods would smite you for all that you've done? Your grandfather should have choked you to death when you were born, you little b*tch!"

Outside the compound, within a noisy crowd, an angry middle-aged man emerged and looked at the woman who was slowly making her way out. His eyes were on fire but he did not dare to step into the compound.

It was not only him who did not dare to do so, even the people from the Dark Yin Palace could not break the formation. He dared not try to chance it.

At that moment, Wei Yiyi stared coldly at the man who looked a lot like an angry clown. Her red lips curled up into a mocking smile as if she completely looked down upon this man.

Then, Wei Yiyi turned around and saw Gu Ruoyun walking towards them calmly. She raised her eyebrows and slowly walked over, "Master, let me deal with this. I've been angry with this bunch of blinded people for a long time now!"

Luckily for her, she had good eyes and had followed Gu Ruoyun from way earlier on. If not, she would probably also be on the hit list...

"Gu Ruoyun, you b*tch, you've captured your own grandfather! That's an act of rebellion. Even if your grandfather may have made mistakes, with him being the elder, you have to tolerate him. Instead, look at what you've done. Let's not forget that without your grandfather, there would not be you. Little b*tch, I've never seen such an ungrateful little b*tch like you, are you not afraid of being struck down by heaven?"

Outside the courtyard, Second Master Gu's heckling voice sounded again.

Gu Ruoyun stopped in her tracks as she stared coldly at Second Master Gu and smirked. With her cold eyes, her face seemed to be enraptured by mist.

"My grandfather?" She laughed coldly, "Does he deserve such a title? That year, he had ended up beating me to death. Ever since then, he was no longer my grandfather and he does not deserve that title! Especially now that I've left the Gu family, I'm no longer related to any of you."

She walked forward a few steps as she was saying this and her aura began to surround Second Master Gu. She said in an eerily cold voice, "If he was truly my grandfather, even though I had not committed anything wrong, would he have pushed all the blame onto my head and even beat me to death? If he was truly my grandfather and he knew that the Weapon Refining Sect wanted my life, would he have used his name as an elder to deliver me to the Weapon Refining Sect? If he was truly my grandfather, how could he think of every way possible to kill me?!"

Second Master Gu froze because he knew that the one who was in the wrong was his father. However, until now, he still wanted to guilt-trip her into releasing General Gu.

"Yun'er, your grandfather is old and foolish, that was why he had made those mistakes. Do you still want to hold a grudge against him? No matter what it was that he had done wrong, his blood still runs in your veins. Could you not release him?"

In that moment, everyone was stunned by Second Master Gu's shamelessness. No one had thought that even until now, the Gu family would try to guilt-trip her.

If Gu Ruoyun was a lonely and weak girl, they could probably get their way and she might even lose her life! But, she was powerful now and had managed to slowly climb her way up to where she is today...

Gu Ruoyun laughed with a hint of arrogance, "I, Gu Ruoyun, cherish my life. Whoever wants to die, I will let them die, no matter who it is! Plus, no matter what I've done in the past, I'm better than you who had killed his own brother. What right do you have to educate me?

Her voice was like thunder in the sunny skies, Second Master Gu was clearly stunned.

How did this girl know that Gu Tian had been murdered by him? No! That's impossible! No one else knew other than him and his wife!