Three Years

"Unlike some people, Lady Ruoyun is trustworthy." Sweeping a glance towards General Gu who had become pale in the face, he scoffed, "However, Elder Mei, here is an advice for you. General Gu right here loves to fan the flames and fabricate rumors. I hope that you will not listen to only one side of the story. He is a person who could even find a stranger's body to impersonate his own son. What else wouldn't he do?"

Elder Mei felt a pang of guilt. Had Shopkeeper Zhao not shown up, she would have believed the words of General Gu. Even more so, she would have been filled with hatred and hostility towards Gu Ruoyun that she might have even had tried to take revenge on her.

"Shopkeeper Zhao, please pass this message to Lady Ruoyun when you see her. Gu Tian was once the hero in everybody's heart. As the daughter of Gu Tian, I believe that she will outdo and surpass her father. If she has some time, the Plum Sect would like to welcome her as our guest."

"I will pass the message on. I'd better get going now."

Putting his fists together as a salutation, Shopkeeper Zhao turned and left without so much as a glance at General Gu.

After he had left, General Gu could feel a pair of icy cold eyes staring at him. Turning his head stiffly, he was met with Elder Mei's face who was as cold as frost. Alarmed, he opened his mouth in a panic, "Elder Mei, please let me explain. The truth is not like that at all..."

"Tell me then, what actually is the truth?" Elder Mei let out a snort and said, "You were the one who had failed to carry out your task and even had the guts to shirk all of the responsibilities and blame an innocent girl. Had it not been for Shopkeeper Zhao who came to deliver the pill, perhaps I would have fallen for your lies!"

Just the mere thought of this old scoundrel trying to deceive her made her furious. Her look was as cold as the steel blade of a sword.

"Elder Mei, I..."

"Enough!" Elder Mei's frigid voice interrupted him mid-sentence. "I was actually thinking about helping the Gu family in the first place! It was you, yourself, who let this opportunity go to waste! Moreover, you have also brought upon yourself an eternal perdition!"

Cold.

General Gu could feel the chilliness throughout his whole body, as though he had fallen into a deep icy abyss. He wanted to open his mouth to defend himself but all his words seemed to have fled from him.

"General Gu, please leave! From today onwards, we, the Plum Sect, will not welcome any of the Gu family anymore! I won't kill you this time. However, don't ever let me see any member of the Gu family. Otherwise, I will kill each and every one of them off! Don't you dare to show up in my sight ever again! Otherwise, don't blame me for being ruthless! Scram!!!"

Just the word 'scram' itself managed to shake General Gu to his core, prompting him to take a few steps back. His eyes were filled with despair.

It was such a big world that they were living in. How would he know where the members of the Plum Sect would show up? As long as anyone from the Gu family was seen by the Plum Sect, they would lose their lives just like that. This amounted to telling the Gu family not to leave their homes ever again.

Who knew if the Plum Sect would show up in front of the Gu family's house intentionally and use this reason to kill them off one by one instead.

However, it was apparent that General Gu was thinking too much. The Plum Sect was always busy, who would bother to get their revenge on an unimportant person like him? And to the extent of waiting in front of the house of the Gu family? This old fellow had obviously overestimated his own value.

"Elder Mei, please have mercy."

Trembling in fear, General Gu was holding his fists tightly. The streaks of white in his hair gave him an even more pitiful look.

Elder Mei had a look of impatience on her face as she yelled, "If you are not going to leave then I will make you unable to leave forever!"

Bam!

A strong airflow as strong as a fist rumbled towards the direction of General Gu and pushed him out of the house. Even when the door was closed, General Gu's pleading voice could still be heard from the outside.

This time, the Gu family had obviously dug their own grave to even go as far as to offend the Plum Sect.

"My Lady, do you think that we should steal a Beauty Rejuvenation Pill?"

Inside the meeting room, Hun Fei turned his head to look at Shi Yun, his eyes filled with apparent greed.

Who would have thought that just one Beauty Rejuvenation Pill could fetch up to 500 million gold coins? If such a pill belonged to the Weapon Refining Sect, they would not have to worry about their source of income in the future.

Not saying a word, Shi Yun lifted her head up slowly. An unreadable look flashed across her angelic face. "Seeing that the Hundred Herb Hall was able to produce the Beauty Rejuvenation Pill, it is very possible that there are other pills too. Elder Hun Fei, we have to get our hands on those pills no matter what!"

Stronger! She needed to grow even stronger.

Only if she became strong then she would be able to snatch that man back!

Right at this moment, one of the disciples of the Weapon Refining Sect that was standing outside hurriedly rushed in to deliver the news, "My Lady, Elder Hun Fei, something has happened! The Weapon Refining Sect has met with a calamity!"

"What!"

Shi Yun stood up immediately as she asked, "What happened?"

"The Sect Master is not in the Weapon Refining Sect right now. Yesterday a group of people took advantage in the cover of the night to attack us. The Weapon Refining Sect just sent us a message just now via a pigeon to inform you to take charge of this matter!"

Shi Yun's face turned paled when she heard the news. "Do you know who did this?"

"It seems to be the Dongfang family."

The Dongfang family?

Letting out a sneer, Shi Yun said, "It seems like these people are getting too bored with their lives and that's why they are trying to stir up trouble. Elder Hun Fei, since the situation is like this, let us go back first. We'll return again after things have settled down over there!"

"Alright! How about Leng Yanfeng then? Should I go look for him?"

"No need! We are in rush now. Just let him be."

Most importantly, she felt disgusted by the tenderness in his eyes every time he looked at her. Who does he think he is? He was just a mere disciple of the Weapon Refining Sect. And on top of that, his power was weaker than hers. He does not have the qualification to even stand by her side! If it wasn't for the fact that she found him useful, she would have gotten rid of him in the first place!

...

Presently, in the Hundred Herb Hall, Gu Ruoyun put down the things in her hand and raised her brows. Her gaze was fixed on Elder Yu. "Did you just say that the people of the Weapon Refining Sect have all left?

"That's right." Elder Yu nodded his head. "Before this, I had informed the Young Master about the situation here and he said that he would take care of it. Seeing how the people from the Weapon Refining Sect have left so urgently, it must be the Young Master who was pulling the strings."

After all, with the Weapon Refining Sect here, things were getting quite tense. Who knew what these shameless people would do.

Besides, Gu Ruoyun was still in the growing phase right now. Because her strength was not fully developed yet, she was not a match for them at all. However, she believed that there would come a day where she could finally surpass all of them.

"Good, that's good!" Gu Ruoyun let out a laugh. "Now that they are gone, I can feel at ease cultivating my powers. Three years. All I need is three years to develop my power. Three years later, the words 'Devil Sect' will be known to everyone"

"Yu'er, wait for me. I will definitely find you after three years time!" As she thought of this, her eyes became even more determined.

...

Time flew like an arrow.

For cultivators, the period of three years was fleeting and it passed by in the blink of an eye.

In this three years, a powerhouse with the name Devil Sect slowly rose to fame. Nobody knew if the Sect Master of the Devil Sect was a male or a female. Also, nobody knew where exactly the Devil Sect's base was. However, one thing that was certain was that as long as there was anyone who dared to go against the Devil Sect, they would be wiped out in a night. It was precisely because of this that the cruelty and malicious means of the Devil Sect were known by everyone. As for the legendary Sect Master of the Devil Sect, they were known as the Devil Emperor!

On a long winding path in the forest, a group of people was traveling towards Azure Dragon Country at top speed. It could be clearly seen that the leader of the group was a young man who was only in his twenties. He had a handsome face and did not seem like someone who was battle-worn.

"Left Protector, we will be reaching Azure Dragon Country shortly. Should we increase our speed?"

"Sure! This mission had taken us quite a long time to complete but finally, we can go home now."

The man who was called the Left Protector smiled faintly. This time, he had been sent by the master to carry out an errand which took him half a year to complete. He wondered how his group of brothers was doing right now.

At that moment, a dust storm appeared right behind them. A loud voice could be heard from behind, "Those in front, make way for us!"

The young man knitted his brows together. Before he could take any action, a whip lashed out suddenly from the side with the intention of striking him down from his horse. However, before the whip could reach the young man, he took a hold of the whip and pulled. The man who was holding the whip fell down from his mount immediately.

"Stop!"

At this instance, everyone tugged on their reins tightly and stopped in their tracks.

The group of riders that was galloping from behind wore uniformed clothing and were riding on storm wolves. Each of these riders had an arrogant look on their face, as though nobody on earth could beat them at all.

"Are they from the Gentle Breeze Faction?"

A strange light flashed in Xunfeng's eyes as his chilly gaze was fixed on those people. "I wonder what your reason was for stopping me?"

Compared to the Dongfang family, the Gentle Breeze Faction's power was a little lacking. However, the Gentle Breeze Faction was still a well-known faction. Factions that were formed had to have a Martial King level cultivator as the commander at least. The Gentle Breeze Faction, in particular, managed to have two cultivators at the Martial King level, making the attitude of their followers tyrannical.

"You b*stard! Can't you see that our Young Master is right here? How dare you block our path! Who should I beat if not you?"

The man who had been hurled to the ground by Xunfeng stood up hurriedly and looked at him with a sneer. "On top of that, looking at the shabby horses that you people are riding on, one could see that you are just mere commoners. I wonder where did your bloody guts come from? To the extent of not making way even when you have seen the Young Master coming through!"

As he said this, the man turned his head to look at the handsome young man who had stopped some distance away.

This young man was more or less the same age as Xunfeng. His facial features were well-defined and his face was as sharp as a knife. However, there was a snobbish look in those eyes, ruining the features of his face.

"Gu Xianglin!"

Xunfeng's gaze turned frigid instantly. By right, he should not know who the young master of the Gentle Breeze Faction was. However, it couldn't be helped at all. This guy was the blood brother of Gu Panpan. In other words, he was Gu Ruoyun's cousin! Of course he would recognize him!

Furthermore, it never occurred to him that he had become the young master of the Gentle Breeze Faction at all.

A few years back, he had heard the news about the only son of the Gentle Breeze Faction's master being murdered. Because the Gentle Breeze Faction had lost its heir, the Faction's Master passed it on to his foster son. Who would have ever thought that this foster son of his was actually Gu Xianglin!

It seemed it would not be long before the entire Azure Dragon Country would be hit by another storm again.

Gu Xianglin swept a glance towards Xunfeng. Even though he looked calm and collected, Xunfeng could clearly see and feel the disdain in his eyes.

"Forget it! There are stray dogs everywhere anyway. There is no need for us to quarrel with uncivilized people and stoop down to their level." Waving his hand, he said, "Let's go! I have not been home for many years now. I don't even know what has happened these few years. Let's keep our priority straight and continue on our journey back home instead."