The Medicine Order

It was a city in the clouds, in short, Cloud City. As the name implies, this was a city built within the clouds. It was also the place where the Three Great Authorities would come to select geniuses. However, because Cloud City was located in the clouds, it was only accessible by a pegasus of Cloud City.

However, aside from the Divine Trials, Cloud City was not like the world outside. No one was allowed to enter the city most of the time.

At this moment, in a small villa below Cloud City, a noisy crowd turned silent upon seeing a group of people slowly approaching their location. After a long pause, they began to softly debate amongst one another.

"The only lady at the very front is Dongfang Changjin of the Dongfang family. It would seem that the group that has just arrived are the representatives of the Dongfang family."

"The Dongfang family? Long ago, only Dongfang Yu was the most prominent figure. I can still remember the year when I had participated alongside Dongfang Yu in the Trials. At that time, her innate skills shocked everyone and the Three Great Authorities competed amongst themselves to entice her but in the end, she had refused all three offers. Unfortunately, the heavens were jealous of heroic geniuses. After Dongfang Yu's death, it seemed that such a genius may never grace the halls of the Dongfang family ever again."

"Hehe, that's just the way it is, right? Previously, the Dongfang family had Dongfang Yu so they had always been ranked as number one in the Divine Trials. Ever since Dongfang Yu's death, the Dongfang family has turned into a lowly existence and no peerless genius has ever appeared in so many years."

That year, Dongfang Yu could be described as a genius who had shaken the world and was an unsurpassed legend! Once, she used her power as a newly-minted Martial Emperor to ward off a joint attack by two mid-level Martial Emperors on her own and defeated both of them without a hint of injury. Even the normally snobbish Immortal Realm was extremely shocked by her talent and offered to take her in as a subordinate. But that genius girl never liked being subjected to restrictions so no matter how great their offers were, she had rejected them.

Gu Ruoyun faintly curled the corners of her lips as her pure, beautiful face filled with a smile.

So, my mother, whom I've yet to meet, had been so outstanding, she thought. And I, as her daughter, am so proud of her! This time, even if it weren't for my brother, I will still walk the path that had once been traveled by my mother.

"These are your pegasus. After this, you may enter Cloud City."

After inspecting the identities of every representative in the Dongfang family, the soldiers of Cloud City opened the way. It was at that moment, however, when a cold laugh was heard from behind them.

"As the lowest existence, you have no right to be placed in the front. Dongfang Changjin, I'm sure you won't mind giving us those horses? You never know, I might even ask my Medicine Order disciples to spare you during the trials."

The Medicine Order?

Upon hearing the name of the faction, everyone subconsciously parted aside, giving the center of the road to the group.

If one considered the Dongfang family's accumulated power as the strongest, then, besides the Three Great Authorities, the Medicine Order would be considered as the privileged ones among those of the younger generation.

Especially Rongyue, the Master of the Medicine Order's apprentice. In just two months she had reached the rank of a mid-level Martial Emperor and was considered to be unmatched in her generation. Most importantly, her medicinal skills were absolutely perfect. It was rare that anyone could defeat her in this area.

"The Medicine Order?"

Gu Ruoyun's expression grew cold and her icy gaze swept towards the woman who had just spoken.

Qianbei Ye suddenly sensed a difference in Gu Ruoyun's demeanor and squeezed her hand, frowning at the members of Medicine Order. If my guess is right, it would seem that Xiao Yun has some form of enmity towards the members of Medicine Order, he mused.

"I'm fine."

Gu Ruoyun regained her senses and shook her head, "For me to meet the disciples of the Medicine Order here, would this be considered as a case of enemies on a narrow road?"

Honestly, the Medicine Order had not slighted her in the least but they carry a grudge against someone who was close to her!

She would not forget the year when the Master of the Medicine Order had passed away and Wei Yiyi inherited the Treasury of Medicine. However, Wei Yiyi was betrayed by her lover and her trusted junior sister who then snatched the Treasury of Medicine from her.

Fortunately, at that time, her Master's only daughter had saved her. Otherwise, she would never have been able to escape the Medicine Order and would never have become the Ghost Doctor.

Even so, her face had been destroyed and she was forced to constantly flee from punishment, concealing herself for so many years.

Dongfang Changjin stared with a peculiar expression at Gu Ruoyun as she thought, this girl had an extreme reaction when they met the Medicine Order disciples, could it be that something had happened between them?

"That's Elder Xueyi, the third most powerful cultivator of the Medicine Order. Unless my guess is wrong, the person next to her should be Lady Rongyue, the number one cultivator."

When the crowd noticed the group of fairy-like women gliding around and dressed in white, their eyes showed clear amazement. Some stared directly at Rongyue who was standing next to Xueyi and simply could not look away.

Rongyue knit her willowy brows and did not speak. But her thin gaze was filled with a sort of unfathomable arrogance, as if those people were not worth her time to be spoken to.

"The disciples of the Medicine Order?"

Gu Ruoyun smiled coldly and spoke irritably, "Could it be that the members of the Medicine Order enjoy relying on force to bully others? Or was it that the Dongfang family was available for bullying?"

Xueyi frowned and shot Gu Ruoyun a cold glare, "Little girl, didn't your parents ever teach you to never interrupt a conversation? I'm speaking to the leader of the Dongfang family's representatives so you shouldn't interfere!"

Then, Xueyi turned her attention back to Dongfang Changjin.

She had assumed, based on Dongfang Changjin's status as an elder, that she was the one undoubtedly leading the Dongfang family's representatives to Cloud City.

"My apologies," Gu Ruoyun spoke with a smirk, "I'm the leader of the Dongfang family's team."

Wow!

The crowd burst into a fervent discussion as everyone stared in disbelief at Gu Ruoyun.

What did she just say? they wondered, she was the leader of the Dongfang family team? Wasn't every team supposed to be led by an elder? Just how old is this little girl? She's only a silly little girl, could it be that the other young disciples had nothing to say about this?"

"Hehe," Xueyi sneered, "Little girl, I don't think I've ever met you. Who are you to the Dongfang family?"

Gu Ruoyun smiled and replied without hesitation, "Gu Ruoyun."

If the crowd had been shocked when Gu Ruoyun claimed to be the leader of the Dongfang family's team, they were now so stunned that they were rendered speechless.

"Gu Ruoyun? She's Gu Ruoyun? The mysterious Master of the Hundred Herb Hall?"

"Tsk tsk, this Gu Ruoyun was also considered a genius. She had been able to break through to the Martial King level under the conditions of the outside world at such a young age. But when compared to some disciples from other families, she's not all that different. Unfortunately, this is the Divine Trials and all participants are the best of the best. Especially Lady Rongyue of the Medicine Order and the Young Master of the Dark Yin Palace, Zuo Shangchen. They've already broken through to the Martial Emperor level. She's only a low-level Martial King. She may have been able to reign tyrannical abuse in the outside world but that won't be possible over here."

The guests who had been in attendance at Lan Yuge's birthday party were all subordinates of the Dongfang family. Also, not much time had passed since then so the news of Gu Ruoyun's current level of strength has yet to become common knowledge. That was why everyone currently believed that she was still a Martial King which was the rank she had attained during her visit to Black Tortoise Country.

Actually, they couldn't be blamed for thinking this way. It hasn't even been a year so who could have imagined that she would have jumped over an entire level from a Martial King to a Martial Emperor?

There was no need to even mention the Xia family. Aside from the citizens of Heaven City, the rest had all been killed. In order to avoid the news of the holy spirit stone in Gu Ruoyun's hands from spreading, Master Xia had strictly ordered that no one was to speak about this to anyone outside of Heaven City. Therefore, no one else in the world had known of Gu Ruoyun's breakthrough.

"Gu Ruoyun? You're not a member of the Dongfang family so what gives you the right to participate in the Divine Trials?" Xueyi then cast a disdainful stare at Dongfang Changjin, "When had the Dongfang family declined to such an extent that you would rely on external help? Even if you had found someone slightly more powerful, wouldn't permitting her to participate mean an automatic defeat?"

Dongfang Changjin's expression sank. Just as she was about to open her mouth for a retort, the young girl's calm voice slowly rang out loud.

"Dongfang Yu is my mother so why shouldn't I have the right to participate?"

Her words were like a tremendous weight that hammered fiercely into the hearts of the crowd.

"She's the daughter of Dongfang Yu? I thought Dongfang Yu had passed on ages ago? Where had this daughter come from?"

"I remember that this Gu Ruoyun is the daughter of Gu Tian. At that time, Gu Tian was not a descendant of an aristocratic family. Could it be that Dongfang Yu's disappearance had been because she had eloped with Gu Tian?"

On this mainland, besides a small number of people, the rest had no idea of the incident which had happened that year. So naturally, they wouldn't know anything about the connection between Gu Ruoyun and the Dongfang family.

Therefore, when they heard such an important news, the crowd felt as if lightning had struck their hearts, which quivered ceaselessly.

"Hehe." Upon hearing Gu Ruoyun's words, Xueyi's expression changed a few times before returning to its normal state. She sneered, "I didn't think that Dongfang Yu's daughter would have become so grown up by now and is participating in the Divine Trials! Unfortunately, you are too far off from your mother's standards! You're only a puny little Martial King; there's no way for you to pass the Trials smoothly. Of course, if you're willing to give these pegasus to the Medicine Order then I wouldn't let you lose too badly!"

"Mmm?" Gu Ruoyun rubbed her chin as she smiled and nodded, "That's not a bad suggestion. If you politely apologize to the Dongfang family members now, perhaps I won't let you lose too badly too."

The crowd which had initially been chattering in a debate was silenced upon hearing Gu Ruoyun's words.

It was so quiet that you could hear the sound of a pin drop.

What did we just hear? they thought. Did this girl just boast and say that she wouldn't let the Medicine Order disciples lose too badly? Is something wrong with her brain or is she just insane?

Lady Rongyue of the Medicine Order was already a Martial Emperor and besides her, there were many other young geniuses in the Medicine Order! The Dongfang family couldn't possibly match up with them.

One should not judge the Dongfang family's might based on their current level of power. However, it would seem that, unfortunately, the next generation was nothing to be excited about. The Dongfang family would certainly fall into decline once the Master of the Dongfang family and Lan Yuge return to the Western Paradise.

So they simply could not understand how this woman would dare to boast so loudly?

Obviously, Rongyue was quite annoyed by Gu Ruoyun's words. She knit her brows tighter and tighter, staring coldly back at her. Even so, she remained arrogantly silent as she cast a frosty look upon the opposition.

"With someone like you around, the Dongfang family has certainly reached its end," Xueyi's smile held disdain and mockery, "It would seem that the heavens are truly unjust to grant Dongfang Yu such great talents, yet giving her defects when it comes to bearing and raising children. She's even given birth to an ignorant child blessed with cerebral palsy! Gu Ruoyun, just because you were lucky enough to obtain a few pills doesn't mean that you can fancy yourself unrivaled in the eyes of the world! For in the eyes of our Medicine Order, you are nothing!"