Lingxiao, The Black Tortoise 1

"Used? What is the meaning of this?" Master Xia frowned, and subconsciously glanced at Xia Qi.
Does the little Gu girl mean that the provocation from Xia Ying and the rest was because they were being used? And the event behind this poisoning was related to that person?
Xia Qi's heart thumped loudly and his cold eyes, now filled with thick murderous intent, fixed upon Gu Ruoyun. Upon feeling someone else's eyes on him, he quickly retracted the murderous intent in his eyes and put on a warm smile again.
"Stop deluding people with your lies!"
Elder Huiyi glared angrily at Gu Ruoyun, a great blazing fire had ignited in his chest, "If only one person is making accusations towards her, then it might be a lie. But everyone here is a witness, how could they be lying? Women like her are extremely heinous, if you choose to show favoritism, Master, how can you expect for the members of the Xia Family to trust you in the future?"
No matter what, I am going to make the Master execute Gu Ruoyun even if I have to use force. Otherwise, this Xia Family brother would have died in vain!
Gu Ruoyun frowned and calmly sent Elder Huiyi a look, "I don't want to repeat myself. If you want to save him, get out of the way. There may be a tiny sliver of opportunity. The more we delay this, the quicker he will die."
"You..."
Elder Huiyi's face changed greatly and was ready to send his retort...until he heard an elderly yet dignified voice which held unquestionable decisiveness, "Elder Huiyi, step aside!"
"Master!"
Hearing this, Elder Huiyi cried out indignantly. He could not understand why the Master would shield this woman! Such a heinous act would greatly disappoint the Xia Family members.
"Get out of the way!"
Master Xia's tone grew cold and he spoke with such oppression that no one else dared to breathe, "Do not make me repeat myself."
In that instant, Elder Huiyi trembled. He was not satisfied but he had no choice except to step away and could only glare and fume at Gu Ruoyun. If Gu Ruoyun dared to act with killing intent, I will kill her on the spot!
As if she were completely oblivious to his death glare, Gu Ruoyun slowly walked towards Xia Ying and looked with concentration at the man who was lying before her gasping for breath. Then, she produced a porcelain bottle from her sleeve, took out a pill, and put it in Xia Ying's lips.
"What poison are you feeding him with now?"
Elder Huiyi was agitated and indignant, he was about to step forward and stop Gu Ruoyun's actions until the young girl raised her head and glared coldly at him.
One should know that he has already broken through to the rank of a high-level Martial King. But that one look from Gu Ruoyun made him tremble with fear, and his body shuddered.
Is this really an oppression from an eighteen-year-old girl? They've never even felt an aura like this, not even from the Master...
Xia Qi frowned as he stared at Gu Ruoyin and pondered.
Could it be that this woman is truly capable of curing Xia Ying? No! That's impossible! I know my poisons and even I do not have the cure for this. Furthermore, I know that Gu Ruoyun has many pills on hand, but... No one has ever seen her producing antidotes for poison.
Xia Qi relaxed at the thought. His handsome face maintained his gentle and courteous smile but his eyes never left Gu Ruoyun...

In front of the eyes of the crowd, Gu Ruoyun slowly crouched down. She pinched Xia Ying's lower jaw and placed the pill into his mouth. Then she straightened up and swept her gaze calmly across every face in the crowd.
"As for the truth behind all of this, I'll let him tell you himself."
When she had finished speaking, everyone was shaken and stared at Gu Ruoyun in confusion.
What did she mean? They wondered. Is she really able to cure the poisoned Xia Ying?
At the thought of this, the solemn crowd burst into disbelieving laughter, how could this be possible? Xia Ying had been poisoned by a deadly substance that even if the deity, Daluo, were to arrive, he would not be able to cure him...
Can she do it, simply on the basis that she is Gu Ruoyun?
"Big brother!"
Xia Yu suddenly cried out and when the crowd turned to look, they saw Xia Ying spitting out dark blood. His originally greenish pallor turned white.
"What have you done to my brother this time?"
Xia Yu charged towards Xia Ying's side, she glared furiously at Gu Ruoyun and screamed.
Then, at that moment, a frail voice came from beside Xia Yu, but it was directed towards Gu Ruoyun.
"I'm sorry..."
Even though the poison had seeped deep into his system a while ago, rendering him unable to speak, he was still conscious enough to witness everything that had happened. When he thought of his actions from the beginning, he wanted to bang his head and die out of embarrassment.
He never imagined that she would disregard their former enmity and save him.
"Big... Big brother."
Xia Yu was shaken and turned her head in disbelief. Her beautiful eyes widened and stared at Xia Ying, who had just opened his eyes. Her voice trembled with emotion, "Big brother, you're alright?"
Xia Ying did not reply, his eyes were filled with guilt. He stood up in front of the crowd, turned to Gu Ruoyun and bowed.
"Lady Gu, I thank you for setting aside our animosity and saving my life. I now know that I have been used as a pawn. Out of fear of being chased out of the Xia Family, I've tried to provoke you into attacking me! But I did not think that he wanted to use me as a sacrifice, to end my life and shift the blame onto you. From the moment I realized that I was poisoned, I've regretted everything."
Xia Ying lowered his head in humiliation. At that time, Second Master's henchmen had come for him and threatened him with chasing both him and his sister out of the Xia Family if he did not agree to the Second Master's request. He knew that the Second Master had the authority to do so! He was only a distant relative. Even though he received some form of appreciation because of his talents, he cannot refuse the Second Master's order.
He did not care if he were thrown out of the family. But this also involved his little sister. Her entire life would be destroyed.
Because of this, he was forced to commit this betrayal.
"Big brother?" Xia Yu was stunned. Her gaze swept through Xia Ying's features, then stopped at Gu Ruoyun's calm expression, "You were not poisoned by this woman?"
But just moments ago, only Gu Ruoyun had been in close proximity with my older brother, thought Xia Yu in confusion.
Everyone else wanted to know the answer to Xia Yu's question as well. But according to Xia Ying's speech, it would seem that this incident truly had nothing to do with Gu Ruoyun. They had falsely accused her.
"Xia Ying, tell us everything you know."
Master Xia's expression turned grave and he spoke sternly, "Someone has dared to slay his own kin in my territory and has caused an honored guest of the Xia Family to be falsely accused of a crime she did not commit! I will not let him off easily! Furthermore, you have been bewitched into committing a sin that is contrary to one's conscience, you should be punished severely for this. If you reveal the true culprit behind all this, I will be lenient with you!"

After Master Xia's declaration, Xia Ying turned towards Xia Qi's ashen face and spat hatefully, "It was the Second Master! The Second Master forced me into it and he wanted to poison me to death! Master Xia, you must bring justice for me, in my stead!"
If Xia Ying was intact and undamaged, he might still be lying. But he was nearly killed by the master puppeteer and the person who had saved his life was the one whom he had intended to harm. Under these circumstances, he already harbored great hatred towards the man, why would he hide anything?
In that instant, all eyes turned towards Xia Qi.
"Explain yourself. What is the meaning of this?" Master Xia's expression was doleful and solemn and his voice had an unmistakable trace of disappointment.
Even though he already knew that this matter could possibly be related to Xia Qi, when the truth came out he could not stop himself from feeling disappointed.
"All these years, I have been very aware of the things you've done. Initially, I wanted to give you one more chance. But I didn't think that you would do such a thing. What I want to know is this, you do not have any grudges towards the Gu girl, why do you want her dead?"
This was only Xia Qi and Gu Ruoyun's first meeting. There shouldn't be any intention for him to kill the latter. Besides, there was no prior grudge between them.
The absence of past grudges means there could only be one reason.
Gu Ruoyun is the Master of the Hundred Herb Hall and the Master of the Ghost Doctor! And only the Ghost Doctor can cure the Young Master of his ailment! If Gu Ruoyun were to die in the Xia Family residence, then what would the Ghost Doctor do? Even if she did not rally her forces and mark the Xia Family as an enemy, she certainly would not care for whether the Young Master lives or dies!
But was the Second Master, who had always been as gentle as a breeze, capable of such a malicious and delicate scheme? The crowd then wondered if he could have been hiding his true nature all along.
Xia Qi laughed, and spoke airily like a fresh spring breeze, "Father, you've never trusted me. You've already said it yourself, there is no grudge between us, so why would I want to kill her? There has to be a reason behind this, right? To be honest, I've taken a liking to this little Gu Ruoyun from the moment I met her. I truly admire her, be it her character or her abilities. Such an outstanding woman, what reason would I have to want to kill her? Xia Ying, since you're accusing me of giving the order, you should produce the evidence. Do not make false accusations towards an innocent man."
Hearing this, the crowd looked at each other in dismay. It was Xia Ying who brought them here, no one had known the mastermind behind his crime.
Teng!
Xia Ying raised his head, and glared angrily at Xia Qi, "It was clearly you who sent Sir Yin to pay me a visit and coerced me follow your orders. I was even given a string of strength and vitality pills as a reward. Who would have thought that those pills would turn out to be poison! And now you're still trying to deny your actions?"
He trembled in anger and had completely forsaken the etiquette between seniors and juniors, pointing and screaming furiously at Xia Qi.
"You say that it was I who gave the order, what proof do you have?" Xia Qi sneered, "Yin, show yourself."
Shua!
A black shadow flashed past the crowd like the wind, a pair of cold eyes stared sharply at everyone in the courtyard. When his gaze landed on Gu Ruoyun, his eyes filled with murderous intent.
"Yin, did you give the order to Xia Ying?"
Yin's expression remained unchanged, and coldly replied, "Yes!"
Everyone was flabbergasted as they did not expect for Yin to admit it decisively. Furthermore, Sir Yin was the proudest among the Second Master's subordinates, could it be that the Second Master was actually involved in this matter?
A cold light shot across Xia Qi's eyes, he then spoke coldly, "They are accusing me of giving you the order to do it. Now, you will give my father an explanation."
"I was the one who made the decision in this matter, it has nothing to do with the Second Master. Master, please distinguish between right and wrong with accuracy."