Qianbei Ye Is Jealous

Now, there were only a few people moving around in the Hundred Herb Hall and Gu Ruoyun saw Elder Yu with his eyes closed when she walked in. As though noticing her presence, Elder Yu opened his eyelids slightly and he chuckled lightly, "You came?"

"Yes, I came."

Considering the fact that there were others in the hall, Gu Ruoyun only nodded and said nothing else.

"Let's go, we'll talk in the inner chamber. Furthermore, there's someone who would like to meet you."

"Sure."

Ever since she last left the Hundred Herb Hall, Gu Ruoyun have not had time to return to this place. Coming back this time, not only did she found a place to stay but most importantly there were a few orders that needed to be passed on.

Even more so, this would be her first step towards rising upwards.

In the elegant inner chamber, a light breeze gently passed by, with the snow-white curtains swaying along.

Just as Gu Ruoyun entered, she saw the man standing with his face to her - he was clad in prime luxurious silk clothing, his manners were awe-inspiring and imposing. Just by staring at his back, there was already a huge imposing pressure, which really said something about this man's ability.

"Young master, I have brought the person that you wanted."

"Young master?"

Gu Ruoyun's brow arched slightly. Could it be that this man is the driving force behind the Hundred Herb Hall?

Frankly speaking, the people of Azure Dragon Country only knew that the Hundred Herb Hall had a powerful faculty behind it. But those who have offended the power of the Hundred Herb Hall would disappear the very next day. Nonetheless, no one knew who the owner behind the Hundred Herb Hall was; it was a mystery to all of them.

Thus, the moment the man turned around, amazement flashed within Gu Ruoyun's eyes.

Dignified and refined - there were no two words more suitable to describe this man. When he smiled, it was as if she was being caressed on the face by a soft breeze. It was very comfortable.

Also, Gu Ruoyun did not know why she had this urge get closer to him...

"You are Gu Ruoyun? Gu Tian's daughter? Not bad, you have Gu Tian's former vigor. Those who have ridiculed you as a nobody are too blind to see."

The man could see Gu Tian's former shadow on the young girl in front of him, which caused him to develop favorable impression towards her.

Gu Ruoyan was stupefied, "You knew my father?"

"That's right. Your father and I could be considered as an old friend. It's a pity the heavens were jealous of heroic geniuses, who was a permanent loss for this land. Luckily, that fellow was capable enough to give birth to a son who was accepted as a disciple by the Spirit Sect. Now, with an exceptional daughter like you, I don't know how relieved he would be if only he could see this."

The man slightly sighed.

Nonetheless, when she heard his answer, Gu Ruoyun felt a tug on her heart. Old man Gu never mentioned where his older brother went and now, she finally knew his whereabouts. Spirit Sect?

What kind of ability does this Spirit Sect have?

"You are the master of the Hundred Herb Hall?"

She lifted her eyes a little and looked at the man in front of her.

The man chuckled shortly, "Yes, I am the master of the Hundred Herb Hall. My name is Dongfang Shaoze, but your parents and I were old friends, so if you don't mind you could call me uncle. I know a thing or two about your parents, it's just that I cannot tell you about it now."

Gu Ruoyun finally understood why the Hundred Herb Hall changed things around so easily.

At that time, she was only trying out her luck and was completely hopeless. Who knew that the reason why everything went smoothly was because of this man behind the scene?

How ironic it was for her to think that she had such good luck to that extent...

Gu Ruoyun laughed sardonically, "Young master Dongfang, I originally thought I got the Hundred Herb Hall by my own capabilities, but now it seemed that wasn't the case."

"That is one of the reason, the second would be the fact that you, little girl do actually have the skills." The man touched Gu Ruoyun's hand as he smiled, his eyes looked at her dotingly, "I really don't know what kind of life you have had with the Gu family for a young fifteen-year-old girl like you to become this mature and cold at the same time. That really hurt me as your uncle, as I am still your parent's friend, in any case."

Dongfang Shaoze sighed helplessly, but the corner of his lips was filled with laughter.

Elder Yu stood by the side and watched it all. His heart was filled with grief; he understood that the young master wanted to meet Gu Ruoyun earlier on, but he did not want to drag her into the miseries of the Dongfang family which was why they could never meet.

Even if they do meet, they could not reunite...

"Hm? This person is?"

Suddenly, Dongfang Shaoze felt a violent foreboding air from behind Gu Ruoyun. He then turned his head and looked at the silver-haired man that was behind her. The moment his eyes met the man's bloody eyes, his heart skipped a beat. Just how many people has he killed to have such a pair of heartless murderous eyes? Especially with the rage that was coming from him, Dongfang Shaoze's body clearly tensed up.

"Oh, you mean him?" Gu Ruoyun glanced at Qianbei Ye, "I picked him up outside."

Picked up?

The corner of Dongfang Shaoze's lip twitched. Did she really think that this person was like some stray cat or dog that could simply be picked off the streets? However, just at that moment, Dongfang Shaoze experienced what was known as the swift face switching.

The man who was formerly displeased when he saw Dongfang Shaoze immediately changed into a sad expression the moment Gu Ruoyun turned her head. With that look, he would have thought someone else had bullied him if he had not known...

"Young master Dongfang, you wouldn't mind arranging two rooms for us right?"

Gu Ruoyun's question snapped Dongfang Shaoze back from his stupor. He shook his head and smiled, "From now on, you're the master of the Hundred Herb Hall; this is your territory now. If you need rooms to be arranged, you can do it by yourself. The reason I returned to the Azure Dragon Country was because I heard that you've left the Heavenly Spirit Formation. I should be leaving in a couple more days but I'll leave Yu Lao here to help you out."

"Good," Gu Ruoyun nodded, "Xiao Ye, let's go."

Qianbei Ye gave Dongfang Shaoze a look before turning around and followed Gu Ruoyun, leaving the Hundred Herb Hall.

The moment they disappeared, Dongfang Shaoze's face sunk a little by little.

"Elder Yu investigate that man's identity for me!"

"Young master?" There was a glimpse of astonishment in the depth of Yu Lao's eyes, "Does that man have any problems? I cannot feel any spiritual force pulse on him."

Dongfang Shaoze sneered, "I got a gut feeling that that man is so powerful that even father wouldn't be a match for him!"

"What?"

Elder Yu's eyes widened in surprise. Even the master of the household could not be his match? The fact that the master of the household was already at the Martial King level and if even the master cannot defeat him, just how powerful could he be?

"I want to know the purpose of why this man appeared before Yun'er! I will absolutely not allow anyone to hurt my sister's flesh and blood, no matter whether it is that man or the Gu family!"

It wasn't the fact that he did not know about the incident where Gu Ruoyun was slowly beaten to death by old man Gu but instead, he was too late, or else he would not have allowed his sister's offspring to be taken away like that.

"I didn't really intend to help Yun'er grow since I wanted to see her true capabilities, but that doesn't mean I can tolerate these behaviors from them! Especially with what happened at the palace today! The Gu family... They still can't be terminated for now but we can cause a little trouble here and there. Elder Yu, help me prepare. I am paying the Gu family a visit!"

In the compound, the atmosphere was especially disheartening - Qianbei Ye's exceptional features were sorrowful, and the way he looked was just as if he got humiliated.

"Xiao Yun, he touched your head just now. Can I touch it too?"

Gu Ruoyun was dazed, "Are you having a fever?"

Qianbei Ye was very dejected, "Why can he touch you but I can't?"

"Xiao Ye, any more of this nonsense from you and I'm going to be mad." Gu Ruoyun grimaced purposely and said a little fiercely, "Since you've chosen to follow me, then you should obey me; got it?"

Qianbei Ye panicked a little when he heard her say that and responded carefully, "I won't do that again. I'll be good and obedient. Xiao Yun, please don't be mad at me and chase me away. Is that okay?"

Gu Ruoyun softened when she saw how careful the man was, "Sure, I'm not mad anymore. Let's go."

"You're the best, Xiao Yun."

Qianbei Ye smiled. To say that that the smile could topple countries and ruin cities was not the perfect explanation, but it was as though fireworks had lit up around him, unsurpassed beauty of that generation.

For a while, Gu Ruoyun lost her train of thoughts. She never thought that a man could smile so beautifully; so beautiful that it could suffocate others, like he was the best highlight of both heaven and earth and everyone else around him were just accessories to compliment him.

Of course, the agreement before was that he does not speak at all...

If he does and with just one word, people's illusions of him would just vanish.

"Xiao Yun, I don't want to sleep by myself. I'm afraid of the dark, can I sleep with you?"

"..."

"Xiao Yun, why is your body different than mine? What are those two humps on your chest? Can I touch it?"

"..."

If Gu Ruoyun did not consider that seal in the man's mind, she would definitely suspect that this fellow was faking it to take advantage of her!

What kind of questions were those? He was obviously teasing her!

Gu Ruoyun took a deep breath so that she could suppress the urge to throw him out.

"If you don't shut up, get out!"

...

Meantime, in the Gu family's entrance hall, old man Gu smashed everything he could get from the table onto the floor. His face was so cloudy that water dripped down from it, even the favored child, Gu Panpan could only stand by the side and dared not make a peep.

"Gu Ruoyun! Good! You couldn't be better!"

Master Gu sneered, "You're actually this outrageous! Certainly, it's because of the early death of your parents that no one taught you, or else why would our Gu family produce such a disappointing bane of existence? If I had known this earlier, I wouldn't have had Tian Er marry that unknown woman! And a bastard like her wouldn't have been born!"

Back then, his son, Gu Tian was the genius of the land. He was refined, elegant and he even shocked the world by becoming the Martial King at a young age. He was his entire hope. If it wasn't for his passing, how would the Gu family have fallen to this stage? If he had not died, maybe the Gu family would have gone out of the Azure Dragon Country and became equals with the powers similar to the Weapon Refining Sect.

"It is indeed that every capable man has a good woman behind his back, not someone who would burden him! If Tian Er hadn't married the unknown woman, he wouldn't have ended up like that. We couldn't even find his dead body!"

It was obvious that Master Gu did not mourn the death of his son but rather, he felt sorry that the Gu family lost a genius like him.

However, since the beginning, the old man did not know the true identity of Gu Ruoyun's mother. The reason her mother hid her identity when she married Gu Tian that year was that the Dongfang family had already investigated thoroughly about everything there was about the Gu family. With the character of old man Gu and if Dongfang Yu had been hell-bent on it, they would have definitely cut ties!